Wording for birth announcement when using nickname?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], anyone have any ideas on some simple wording for a birth announcement when planning to use a nickname? Example: [name_u]Baby[/name_u]'s name is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] but we’ll call her [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. Or should we just leave [name_f]Nora[/name_f] off and let people find out by word of mouth? Any ideas or experience with this would be appreciated!

What I’ve seen before is something like: Proud to announce [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nora[/name_f]” [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]
I think it works well and still introduces her whole name while letting people know what she will be called.

I agree with this.

I’ve seen:
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nora[/name_f]” [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m], and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] “[name_f]Nora[/name_f]”

My cousin, in the birth announcement email for his daughter had her full name, and then later referred to her by the nn the planned to call her. That being said, she’s never gone by that nn. It think it would have worked if her parents had called her by the nn, but they never have.

I think it’s better to set the precedent, so nobody calls her “[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]” while you are trying to call her [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is an intuitive nickname that’s hard to break. Better you get everyone on [name_f]Nora[/name_f]'s page asap :slight_smile:

Thanks for these responses, very helpful!

Brackets are what I’ve seen more of - [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] ([name_f]Nora[/name_f]). ‘’[name_f]Nora[/name_f]‘’ feels a bit… hypothetical? Undecided?Whereas ([name_f]Nora[/name_f]) comes across as more official and definite as a nickname.

Or maybe something like;
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] arrived this morning; [name_f]Nora[/name_f] was 8lbs with striking black hair. or [name_f]Nora[/name_f] was hugely welcomed by little brother [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

That kind of thing.