Worst Baby Names You've Heard....

Sometimes when I hear children’s names, I can’t help but wonder what their parents were thinking. Seriously, some people shouldn’t have the authority of naming another human being. The other day I heard a that a friend of a friend had a baby and she named him . . . wait for it . . . [name]Owen[/name] Urnin!! What is that?! Urnin?? Not only is “Urnin” just plain odd, but the names don’t even sound good together!! I just couldn’t believe it!

Anyway, enough of my rant. I was just wondering what are some of the worst names you guys have heard. There have got to be some doozies out there, I’m sure!

Thankfully it didn’t make the final cut, but an aquantince of mine was considering Anomaly if it was a girl because it had a “good flow.” I had to tactfully ask if she even knew what the word meant.

[name]One[/name] of the worst i’ve heard was a woman I used to work with who had a beautiful baby girl and named her Platinum. That was about 10 odd years ago and I still haven’t found another one that’s made me say ‘WHAT?!’ more than that one did.

Here are the worst I have heard:

[name]Hero[/name]
Tater
[name]Tigger[/name]

A young woman at the metro station was shouting to her daughter “[name]Kyla[/name]” which made me shudder.

I can’t stand [name]Skylar[/name] either.

A friend of a friend has a baby girl named [name]Heavyn[/name]. I mean, [name]Heaven[/name] is bad enough in my opinion, but [name]Heavyn[/name] has the word heavy right in it! Who does that to their daughter??

[name]Hero[/name] is actually a Shakespearian girls’ name with a long and celebrated history of use…hardly of a kind with Tater or [name]Tigger[/name].

Worst names I’ve ever heard: Brayleigh and [name]Braden[/name]. Blergh.

1 Like

The worst I’ve met was a boy at the playground named Omen.

I was recently watching ‘Extreme Couponing’ and the woman featured had a daughter named [name]Tequila[/name]. That poor child.

[name]Porsche[/name] [name]Diamond[/name] [name]Destiny[/name]
[name]Precious[/name]
Entropy (yes! Entropy!)
[name]Eagle[/name]
Tiajuana

I had to get on and find this thread since my best friend (who I regularly compare notes with regarding terrible names we have heard) just texted me to tell me her waitress’s name was Conception.

Also met a little boy recently named Antique.

I went to school with a girl named Champagne.

[name]Gilbert[/name]
[name]Janus[/name] (why? I don’t know why)
[name]Sylvester[/name] (immensely popular here for reasons that I do not know or understand)

Puk
Sulajma (for a while it was rather indie-popular here and I just never got the appeal)
Yrsa

I was recently at a track meet and looked at a few names of some girls doing discus
Dolca
[name]Ree[/name]
And I know a girl named [name]Sabryn[/name] (knowing since 1st grade, her name doesn’t bother me) and she knows a girl named Ka’eyla or something. Pronounced sorta like Koala.
Also I can’t stand people who have the awesome name [name]Robert[/name] but decide to call themselves [name]BOB[/name]. Come on! Really?!

…really guys, [name]Gilbert[/name], [name]Bob[/name], [name]Ree[/name], [name]Janus[/name], [name]Braden[/name]? Those are the worst names you’ve ever heard? At least they’re real names (except maybe [name]Ree[/name], but that’s not horrible, there’s a character in [name]Winter[/name]'s Bone called [name]Ree[/name]). [name]Braden[/name] is overused but if it’s the worst name you’ve ever heard, then you must know a lot of well named people…

The worst I can think of off the top of my head:

[name]Harry[/name] [name]Love[/name]
Priceless
[name]Barbie[/name] (a young child; horrible only due to the association with the doll now and the pressure that would put)
[name]Chardonnay[/name]
Virgin

1 Like

I hope at least her middle name was Mockingbird.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Made my day.

The names in this thread are hilarious. I haven’t really heard that many awful names :’( I knew this girl named Milagross, and I know it’s a Spanish name (I’m Spanish myself) but it’s such an ugly sounding name. Nvm the fact the last symbol is literally gross. That’s a pretty mild name compared to the ones ITT.

[name]Concepcion[/name], with a C, is actually a legit Hispanic name. And [name]Janus[/name] is a [name]Roman[/name] god.

Worst names I’ve heard:

Daylinn
[name]Race[/name]

2 Likes
  1. [name]Braden[/name] is not a real name.
  2. [name]Harry[/name] is not bad at all.
  3. Would you rather people post a bunch of urban legend names like Orangejello and…Virgin?

Names of children I taught yesterday (I posted these in another thread as well)…

[name]Aahliyah[/name]
[name]Aden[/name]
[name]Aiesha[/name]
[name]Aleah[/name]
Aleeshya
Aleira
[name]Alek[/name]
[name]Aleks[/name]
Alyshia
Athan
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Ayesha[/name]
Bia
[name]Boston[/name]
[name]Calix[/name]
[name]Ele[/name]
[name]Emilee[/name]
Emillya
[name]Erykah[/name]
Hamysh
[name]Jaslyn[/name]
[name]Jaxon[/name]
[name]Jazmine[/name]
Jezelle
Karisma
Jeiden
Liselle
Madasyn
[name]Mychal[/name]
[name]Oskar[/name]
Shainel
Shalini
[name]Shyann[/name]
Stephi
Tayah
[name]Tiahna[/name]
[name]Tyra[/name]
[name]Zayne[/name]

BTW [name]Harry[/name] is a delightful name, and I’ve actually also taught a boy named [name]Harry[/name] [name]Love[/name]. Although, in Australia, [name]Harry[/name] doesn’t have the “hairy” connotation.

1 Like