Worst names ever!

I’ve been on NB for a while and I’ve noticed a bunch of threads about names you love, so why not do the reverse! I seen some posts that people say they LOVE a name and I seriously hate it. The names can be either gender and can be popular or unique, whatever you feel like. So what are your most hated names?

Ryder, [name_u]Ryker[/name_u], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] (I don’t mind it on a boy, but can’t stand it on a girl) all come to mind. I know there’s lots more I don’t like, but I can’t think of them atm.

2 Likes

I’ve honestly never liked [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_u]Levi[/name_u], or [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. So many people love these names they’re just not my taste at all! I also kinda hate the [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]/Jayden/Brayden trend of yore, so I’m a little bit averse to those names too.

Interesting to see what other Berries tastes are!

I don’t particularly care for Willow, but it’s fine I guess. Not a Levi or Shiloh fan, though I have been warming up to Shiloh on a boy a bit recently. Didn’t like Zelda for the longest time, but I do now :slight_smile: The -ayden names definitely aren’t my favourite either. I especially don’t like Brayden. The only -ayden name that I can think of that I like is Hayden.

I really dislike [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. Not the biggest fan of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_u]Huxley[/name_u], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_m]Alfred[/name_m], etc. Something about the new common wave of retro names, I’m just not too fond of the lot of them. I am also not a huge fan of the overly hippy names like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f], [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], etc.

Not knocking any of the names! If you love them, you love them and I hope the way I wrote this doesn’t upset anyone.

1 Like

I really don’t like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_u]Noah[/name_u], either! Also don’t like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u]. It’s not even about the popularity, there are other very popular names I do like ([name_f]Olivia[/name_f], Emily, Oliver, Logan, for example). I just don’t care for those particular ones (and I’m sure more that I can’t think of right now).

Everleigh :roll_eyes: I also hate names like the mentioned [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] and every other made up/negative meaning word name. Modern names in general annoy me lol.

4 Likes

I’m definitely not a fan of most modern names, either! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t stand [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], especially with that spelling.

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned this in Hot Takes but I strongly dislike [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] and [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]. Also I dislike [name_f]Emily[/name_f] so much, most of it is cause of me disliking every [name_f]Emily[/name_f] I meet but there’s something about it I don’t like. Also I don’t see the appeal of [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]Everly[/name_u]! Like other’s said if you love this name I can see why, but it is not for me at all!

1 Like

I do like some modern word names like [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_u]Lake[/name_u], and [name_f]Amity[/name_f]!

1 Like

Oh yes, that’s true, I do like a lot of modern word names similar to the lovely ones you mentioned! I take back what I said before :see_no_evil: It’s more just a specific type of modern names I generally don’t like (along the lines of [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] and [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]), I guess.

@sophia_elena I’m definitely with you on [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f], [name_f]Theresa[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], and [name_u]Everly[/name_u]!

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not alone :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So cool to see all these opinions! Personally I hate all the names like [name_m]Rekker[/name_m] and those other related ones, just why would you name your kid something destructive? Also [name_m]Issac[/name_m], [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_m]Wilson[/name_m], [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]. And [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Peyton[/name_u], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] , [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], and I have a love hate relationship with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/ [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

@Sky85 this thread is just for opinions on what names you dislike. So no one should have any problem with it, your opinions are just that, yours.:wink:

2 Likes

I don’t like most of those either. The only ones I do like that you listed are [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (on a boy, don’t like it on a girl), [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] (sometimes), and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. The rest I don’t care for.

1 Like

Names I hate or really dislike:

Adolf
[name_m]Rudolph[/name_m]
[name_m]Hermann[/name_m]
[name_m]Heinrich[/name_m]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Myron[/name_m]
[name_m]Donald[/name_m]
[name_m]Jared[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Mortimer[/name_m]
[name_m]Kurt[/name_m]
[name_u]Randy[/name_u]

Ilse
[name_f]Helga[/name_f]
[name_f]Hortense[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Dolores[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sue[/name_f]
[name_f]Bertha[/name_f]
[name_f]Olga[/name_f]
[name_f]Sandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvonne[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvette[/name_f]

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Heinrich[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] from the names you mentioned, but I’m with you on the rest!

1 Like

Hubby and I particularly dislike the [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] names and all their various spellings. This includes [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] and [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] etc…

1 Like

There are a lot of names that just aren’t for me. But there are few that I actually hate.

Bertha – This name just sounds ugly to me
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] – another ugly name
[name_u]Harry[/name_u] – I just picture an hairy old man

If you have one of these names, you could be a lovely person, but this is just my opinion and personal experience.

Audrey-sounds really snobby for some reason?
Names like [name_f]Braylee[/name_f] or [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f]-sound childish and made up
Most -leigh/-ley names, but I do kind of like [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]-I’m sorry, but I cannot like this no matter how hard I try. I can’t get over the Corn.
“Misspelled names” such as Jaycen for [name_m]Jason[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] for a boy-bad personal experience
[name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] for a girl-bad personal experience

1 Like