Would it be bad for baby to change her name at 13.5mths?

I am really unhappy with the name we chose for our baby girl. Would it effect her if we changed it. I cringe everytime I have to say her name. I just haven’t allowed myself to attach her name to her.

thanks
NM

cringing is not a good reaction to your own daughter’s name. i think she’ll notice eventually! i think you can change it.

That’s kinda late to be changing it. Babies at that age already know lots of words and would certainly know their name. Surely you can get over your discomfort and try a nick name.

My daughter is 2 1/2 and she adapts quite well to being called different names. She mostly gets called [name]Evie[/name], but her swimming teacher calls her [name]Evelyn[/name], and a fill-in teacher spent the whole lesson calling her [name]Pheobe[/name] once, and she handles it just fine.

I think changing her name now would be fine. She doesn’t have permanent memory yet, so she’ll learn her new name soon enough.

Thanks guys, I think the only name she’ll be sorry to miss is ‘baba’. She is my 3rd child/1st girl and I think I was so overwhelmed with having a girl that I couldn’t name her. so I gave her a name a 6 weeks with all the pressure of everyone asking then I went into a complete panic after and then we gave her another name at 11mths but I’m still not happy about it.

So she started as [name]Holly[/name]
Then she became [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Holly[/name]

But I have 3 names I love and I would love to call her one of them:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Sue[/name]

[name]Lexie[/name] [name]Fay[/name]

[name]Maggie[/name] [name]May[/name]

[name]Just[/name] because a child won’t remember what happened at age 1, doesn’t mean that what happens to them at that age doesn’t influence the rest of their life. There is nothing wrong with the name she has, and it would be wrong to change it just because of a change in preference. If you’ve already changed it once, who’s to say you won’t want to change it a third time 3 months from now? It’s time to just accept her name for what it is.

[name]Every[/name] baby I’ve ever encountered at that age definitively knows their name, and since you just changed it about 2 months ago, I honestly think she may get quite confused/frustrated, etc.
Personally, I adore the name [name]Sophia[/name]–no matter how popular it is. It’s one of those names that I just love regardless of popularity.
Have you tried calling her [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Soph[/name], [name]Fifi[/name], etc.??
What is it about the name that makes you cringe, if I may ask?

I’m curious as to what makes you cringe too. All the one year olds in the toddler and baby room know their name and respond to it. They turn at look and the ones that can talk a bit usually smile and respond.

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Holly[/name] is lovely, but maybe you like [name]Holly[/name] better? You could switch them around and have [name]Holly[/name] [name]Sophia[/name].

Ultimately, the choice is yours as it is your child, but if you do, I’d go with [name]Georgia[/name] as it’s got the closest sound to her original name and maybe she won’t get too confused.