Would this change your mind?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

We are expecting a little girl at the end of [name_u]June[/name_u], and had decided to bring 3 names to the hospital- [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]. We want to wait until we meet our baby to decide on her name, but [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] has been our running favorite from the start, and I’ve already started thinking of her as [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] for short.

At my baby shower, a friend from my husband’s hometown told us that her friend had just had a baby girl named [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. My husband comes from a small place that we are considering moving back to, and it’s likely the Georgias would be classmates. While we don’t know this person directly, many of our friends know her. It’s bothering me that this name that felt so much like ours is no longer just ours. But I also don’t want to be steered away from a name I love because of someone I don’t even know.

What do you think- would this impact your decision?

I don’t think this should bother you. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is not really an out-there name and of course there are going to be other people with the same name. You said you are considering mobing back, which means you’re still not 100% sure.

Why stress about it? [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is a beautiful choice and if you’ve loved it for so long this shouldn’t be a dealbreaker for you.

You have beautiful choices in there, I wouldn’t worry about it. You know, I have three cousins with my own name and none of their parents ever worried about it (they’re all younger than me) lol [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is an absolutely gorgeous choice, I wouldn’t mind the possibility of someone else with the same name.

If you love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], you should go for it, especially since it is not certain that the girls will be classmates or that you will be moving back.

Thanks all! I’m feeling better about it- there was always the possibility we would know someone else with the same name as our daughter. If we found out after she was born we wouldn’t be changing her name then!

I would not let it change my mind! No name is just yours unless you totally make it up so there is always going to be the chance that your little one will meet another! I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t change it. All your choices are beautiful though so if you don’t go with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] after all (for whatever reason) there will be no harm done!

My sister is a [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and I’ve always loved it.

I wouldn’t let this change your mind. You don’t actually know this person, and may never have anything to do with them. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you do, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is not an unusual name and your daughter could come across another one in any situation. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is just gorgeous.

Keep [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]! There is no escaping running into people who have used the name you love.