Would this work?

I was watching an [name]Ellen[/name] show months ago where she pretended to have a daughter named Rafter Yellow and this has been bugging me ever since. She was making fun of how celebrities give their children weird names, but I actually think Rafter would be a good name for a girl. I wanted to get you berries’ opinions on this. [name]Do[/name] you think Rafter would be cute for a girl?

I don’t see Rafter as being cute- even paired wtith Yellow. It sounds very masculine. It’s fine for a girl to enjoy rafting, but I can’t imagine anyone being named that. I don’t like it, sorry!

• [name]Athena[/name]

Not at all.
Rafter isn’t anything I’d name my child for, and it’s very masculine to me.

Definitely not a fan, sorry.

As in… hanging from the rafters?

No. [name]Just[/name] no.

I have to say I am surprised at these responses, I would think with names like [name]Parker[/name], [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name] out there for girls today a name this masculine for a girl would not be questioned.

NO. Please, no.

I would see this name more as a boys name. Sorry.

No, sorry. It’s just not pretty. Astor would be better honestly.

No. No. No. Very Masculine!

No. Not for a boy or a girl. [name]Rafferty[/name] might work, if you’re into surnames-as-first-names, but the random noun thing has GOT to stop somewhere.

Rafter is not very feminine, and I don’t think a little girl would like being called Rafter. Then again, I don’t like [name]Harper[/name] or [name]Piper[/name] for girls either.
I’m also of the opinion that there’s always a good alternative. [name]Raphaela[/name], Afanen, [name]Affery[/name], Afonwy, [name]Afra[/name], Hafwen, Ifrah and Saffery are all names or surnames that have somewhat the same sound without being as masculine or being a somwhat unfortunate noun. I love word names, but this is the kind I would only reserve for boys, using familiar nickname [name]Rafe[/name] and only if I had a personal connection to rafting.

agree with above

I think there was a reason she was pretending…

It was actually Raptor! not rafter, lol. She was making fun of all the celebs naming their children after animals and colors. [name]Bear[/name] [name]Blue[/name] ([name]Alicia[/name] Silverstones child) to be specific.