Would welcome suggestions for classic boys name

DH and I are trying to conceive and despite agonizing for over a year about baby names I’m still unsure as to a top choice. I think I’ve read so many name lists so many times that nothing sounds nice anymore.

We currently have 2 boys and 2 girls
P@ul St3ph3n (age 8)
Cl@r3 Mich3ll3 (age 6)
M@rk J0s3ph (age 5)
K@th@rin3 [name]Rose[/name] (age 2) nn [name]Katie[/name]/[name]Kate[/name].

I’m planning on using one of my dad’s names for the next boy. His name is [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Elias[/name]. [name]Both[/name] first and middle names need to be saint names. Our last name is Tys0n DH likes [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Nick[/name]. While [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] sounds great, I feel like [name]Nicholas[/name] was so hot in the 90s that I got a little sick of it. Dh also pointed out that the name [name]Nick[/name] and [name]Nate[/name] (his name) might be a little too close and others have suggested that the names [name]Mark[/name] and [name]Nick[/name] might be too close. Boys names [name]Luke[/name], [name]John[/name], and [name]Alexander[/name] are already used in the family.

Have you considered choosing [name]Lawrence[/name] as a first name?
Lawence [name]Ignatius[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Boniface[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Peter[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Anselm[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Bartholomew[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Jude[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Malachy[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] SebastianTyson
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Aloysius[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]

Names above can be switched around if [name]Lawrence[/name] isn’t a first name option.

[name]Hi[/name]! Your children all have great, classic names. [name]Do[/name] you have a preference as to whether the next name you use is one syllable or not? Since you went with a longer name with a shorter nickname, that might be a good option. I do like the idea of [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Nick[/name]. I don’t think it was overused in the 90s. [name]Nicholas[/name] still sounds fresh and classic to me. Oh, and I love [name]Lawrence[/name] as the middle name (though [name]Elias[/name] is great too)! Other ideas:

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] - I really love [name]Andrew[/name] with your set, and you could call him [name]Andy[/name] or [name]Drew[/name] if you so pleased.
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]George[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]David[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Great names! I love pp’s suggestion of [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]. Although I love [name]Lawrence[/name], I don’t think it flows well with your other children’s first names and prefer it in the middle spot. Other thoughts:

[name]Benedict[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (nn [name]Ben[/name])
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (flow kinda stinks on that one though)
[name]James[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Giles[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (I like the length of this fn with your other kids)
[name]Jerome[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Martin[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]

GL!
T

DH has mentionned liking [name]Andrew[/name] in the past. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Drew[/name] but I haven’t really given [name]Andy[/name] much consideration.

Would [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] have too many "t"s and "s"s? (DH really loves St. [name]Thomas[/name] More.) On the girls side we like [name]Teresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name] but have always hesitated b/c of the repeating T-s combo.

I’ve always had a soft spot for [name]Robert[/name] but dh doesn’t.

My maiden name was [name]Tara[/name] [name]Thompson[/name]–my family called me Tee, T-squared, T.T., [name]Tara[/name] T.T. etc. I never minded, but I think it is cuter on a girl than on a boy. Also, [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Tyson[/name] are two syllables–that makes it sound heavy to me. Whereas [name]Tim[/name] (ick, but I needed an example) [name]Tyson[/name] has a more interesting flow.

My husband is [name]Andrew[/name] [name]James[/name] and he goes by AJ. I used to hate initial nicknames, but now I think it can work quite well.

I think I agree with the 2-syllable thing. On the girls side. [name]Teresa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] might work. [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is possibly okay. [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is unworkable.

I think the initial thing works well with “J.” " L" and “E” in the middle might not work. My grandfather was [name]Elias[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] and he went by E. T. a fair amount (before the movie obviously).

I think it depends on what the two names are as to whether the TT would work. I love [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]. And, I think something like [name]Teddy[/name], just as an example, [name]Tyson[/name] also works, but I agree that [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is difficult to say!

Off topic, but do you really love [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]? [name]Teresa[/name]/[name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name] (or [name]Tessa[/name]) is my absolute favorite girls name for so many reasons (I could go on and on) and dh likes it as well. But, I’ve not used it b/c dh thinks it sounds terrible with our last name. If I thought it worked it would be really exciting as I’m not in love with another girls nams and the other ones I like are all one-syllable leaving [name]Katharine[/name] as the one with the “long” name.