Would you allow your child to have a ... in their bedroom?

then suggest the next one

i will start

a TV

yes.

a Hamster?

Nah, none of them die naturally and I don’t think children should have them unless they learn to care for it. But generally, no.

A computer?

yes, but it would most likely have parental controls until they reach the age of 9/10

a fish tank?

Possibly but I’m not sure if that’s the best idea and I feel it would be better suited.

[name_f]Lava[/name_f] lamp?

Knowing nothing about lava lamps, I want to say yes. IRL I would need to find about them before allowing it.

[name_u]An[/name_u] entrance of their own, so they can come in and out / get visitors without accessing the front door?

yeah, I would k*ll to have something like that in my room so I would let my kid have their own entrance.

a landline phone payed for with their own money?

1 Like

is it bad that i had to search up what a landline was :sweat_smile:

sure, i’m not familiar at all with landlines but they seem perfectly safe to me :woman_shrugging:

a bunk bed that has the bottom as a work/playspace kind of layout?

1 Like

yeah, if their bedroom is small, it’s a good way to give them more space.

a jewelry box?

Yep, seems like a great place to store jewelry or any other little knickknacks :>

Musical instruments? (specifically drum sets, recorders, etc that make a lot of noise)

For sure. We love music at home, and would be thrilled if the children decided to spend their time practicing an instrument. Practice makes perfect!

Weapons they wanted to collect? Bb-guns, knives, bow and arrow, hunting rifles?

1 Like

No. Slingshots, stick bows, sure. Rifles, knives, absolutely never. I shouldn’t hope to raise a child who ever would think keeping something like that out free in their bedroom was acceptable at any age.

…a miniature refrigerator?

Definitely! But it’d be the super tiny one like the one that fits only six cans.

A skateboard?

1 Like

No, I’d keep it in the garage or basement… [name_m]Just[/name_m] in case they have an idea of riding it around the house.

A computer

1 Like

Yes, can’t forbid that when I had one myself (starting around age 12) and turned out just fine.

[name_m]Lock[/name_m] for their door?

Yeah of course, they deserve privacy. There would be some rules though.

Their phone overnight?

Yes, just as long as they didn’t constantly use it at night time. If they just used it for emergencies or if they wake up during the night and just used it for a small amount of time when they wake up and then go back to sleep, I think that would be okay.

A pet bed for their pet to sleep at night?

Yes. Personally, I’m not a fan of pets sleeping in the same bed, so having a separate pet bed sounds like a good arrangement to me.

soundproof walls?

1 Like

Well, I’d understand if they were a musician or something like that, but I don’t see why it would be necessary otherwise!

[name_m]Bunk[/name_m] beds for when their friends sleep over (and nobody sleeps in the other bed when their friend isn’t at your house)?

1 Like

No, but kind of. [name_f]My[/name_f] son has a loft bed with a futon under it for guests.

Food

1 Like