Would you name your baby Miley?

I love the name but…
What do you think?

Well, no, but not because I hate Ms. [name]Cyrus[/name] or anything. I don’t think I would at this particular time simply because the name is almost like a brand at this point, with the popularity of [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]. To me, it feel like naming a child [name]Chanel[/name] or [name]Beyonce[/name] or something - she is SO the name that it is hard for me to separate it. Secondly, the name, because it is more made up than others (albeit, all names were “made up” at some point), doesn’t seem to have much staying power - it seems trendy. Thirdly, it just isn’t my style, as I’m a classics girl!

That being said, I think it is a cute nickname, and if I could find a good name for it to work with, I might use it as that…

The thing which bothers me is the fact that it is not a ‘real’ name. It has become popular due to the fame of [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name], but she got the name from her parents calling her Smiley [name]Miley[/name], and I would much prefer my child’s name to have meaning to me, rather than being a cute nn [name]Billy[/name] [name]Ray[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] used for his daughter …

It does have quite a nice sound, though.

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS [name]WILL[/name] I [name]EVER[/name] TORTURE MY DAUGHTER WITH THAT HORRIBLE NAME…

although if i ever got a donkey or one of those ugly dogs whose tongues hang out of their mouth cuz its to big for their mouth…then i would deffinatly name it miley…

but never my child

I wouldn’t either, but I think that jaseys point of view is a bit over the top.

I would also think that it’s just too popular at the moment. But wait another five years, and it might be fine :slight_smile:

I personally wouldn’t use it, but I do think it’s cute. I think is great for [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] since it has personal meaning. I actually love the story of how she got her name, it makes it even cuter. I like the sound and everything, but as someone said it’s like a brand at this point. Once she is out of the spotlight I could see it as a viable name.

Hm…well I’m not a fan of the singer but if I really liked the name I could probably ignore that fact. As it is, I really dislike the name and the singer is too popular. It would kinda be a declaration of exactly what era the child was born into as well…with all of the movies, shows, albums. :slight_smile: I’m not overly fond of cutesy names anyway.

I agree. [name]Even[/name] in a few years I probably wouldn’t use it since it isn’t really my style but I wouldn’t find it odd if someone else did. Right now it’s just too associated with [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] in my opinion.

To me, [name]Miley[/name] sounds like a dog name.

No…too associated with [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name], and too trendy. It is cute for a nn, though.

It’s cutesy and meaningless, but I can’t resist it. Once it’s been established for a while and (hopefully) declines in popularity, I’d consider it a reasonable choice. It’s not like [name]Nevaeh[/name] which never will be.

[name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] isn’t actually a [name]Miley[/name] is she? Sure i read it is [name]Destiny[/name]…!

Not a fan of [name]Miley[/name], for name purposes. I definitely wouldn’t choose it now that it has an association and that it is becoming popular, even if not here in the UK. I wouldn’t have liked it enough to use it even before the star.

Whoa. You need to chill out. Why have such ill will over a person you don’t even know?

ANYWAYS. It’s a cute name, I honestly liked it a lot when I first heard it. I wouldn’t use it for my kid, though, because it’s too associated with her. It’s be like naming your kid [name]Beyonce[/name], as one person pointed out. Although I think it might’ve possibly been around before her, because the secretary in my old school had the same name, only it was spelled “[name]Mylee[/name]” and she was in her fifties. So there ya go.

I can’t see a grown woman with the name [name]Miley[/name], sorry. It just seems really cutesy and childish. I find it hard to take the name seriously. Other adults might go so far as to brand someone with the name as silly and unprofessional, even if that’s completely untrue.

That is my biggest problem with the name, aside from the trendiness ([name]Miley[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Kiley[/name], etc. will all go the way of [name]Brittany[/name] in my opinion) and the very strong association with [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name].

What about [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Jemima[/name], [name]Amity[/name], [name]Mila[/name], or [name]Mirabel[/name]?

One work says it all
NEVER.