Would you name your twins this??

We were thinking [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] for our twins.
I personal love the names [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Mata[/name] and [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Mata[/name]
Does anyone think thats weird because they were lovers.
[name]Kaia[/name]

I’m torn on this one. On one hand, I love the literary nod and both names are gorgeous. But, after a second it kind of makes me go “eww.” Other people may have to convince me on this name idea!

That’s sort of a tough call. While I do love the names together, I think that anyone familiar with the story of [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] would find it a little weird. There’s also a lot of terrible teasing potential there, particularly in the high school years, that I personally wouldn’t want to bestow upon my kids.

It’s way to corny for me. As much as I love the names on their own, together it’s just too much. Up there with naming your twins [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Darcy[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Sorry.

No, never. It’s like naming your kids [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name].

No way - I agree it’s too corny like [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]

I agree with many of the previous posters - it seems too corny/ weird, especially once they grow up. I love [name]Isolde[/name] - I think its gorgeous, but to me [name]Tristan[/name] doesn’t live up to the beauty of [name]Isolde[/name] as a name. I think [name]Isolde[/name] needs a more solid name to do it justice as a twin/ sibling.

No! Absolutely not! :shock:

I guess i didnt think of the teasing potential when they reach high school… So now we think [name]Tristan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Mata[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Mata[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think thats better?

[name]Love[/name] 'em as middle names, but I completely agree that naming your children [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] is just like naming them [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] - not good!

I love [name]Tristan[/name], by the way! [name]Isolde[/name] is so fun for a middle name…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Tristan[/name] [name]Edward[/name] [name]Mata[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] [name]Mata[/name] is much better than both [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] up front.
It definitely has an “ewww” factor that way.

No, I wouldn’t. I do think it’s like naming your children [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name], which is not only obvious and matchy, but also feels a little bit odd because they were lovers. I’m sorry, this sounds really harsh!

I do, however, love both names. If you really wanted a theme, you could do something like :
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] - both tragic lovers
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Thisbe[/name] - ditto
Pyramus and [name]Isolde[/name] - ditto
[name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] - both mean ‘help’
[name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name]/[name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dorothea[/name] - both mean ‘gift of God’
[name]Oberon[/name] and [name]Luna[/name]/[name]Selene[/name] (se-[name]LEE[/name]-nee) - [name]Oberon[/name] is the name of a moon, and [name]Luna[/name] and [name]Selene[/name] were the goddesses of the moon in [name]Roman[/name] and Greek mythology, respectively.

Otherwise, you might like :
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Florian[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Julian[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name].

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I really like the suggestion of [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]. :sunglasses:

On the subject of [name]Emmeline[/name], it is a lovely vintage choice, and would make a good name for a twin sister to [name]Tristan[/name]. However, the epidemic popularity of [name]Emma[/name] (and [name]Emily[/name]) would make me personally think twice about giving using another very close [name]Em[/name]- name in first place.

[name]Auburn[/name]