Would you prefer...

Oh 4 boys! like someone said above, raising 4 teenage versions of myself? No thank you!

I think i’d say girls, but not because I want girls more than boys … just because if I had 4 girls, there more likely to want lots of help from mum with their own kids … and with 4 girls all wanting [name]Nanny[/name] to babysit, i’m sure to get some quality grandson time lol!! If I had 4 boys, i’m sure i’d still see grandkids, but main babysitting/advice/cooeing duty would go to their partners mums i’m sure.

…I think I thought that out a bit too much haha!

I would love to have a little boy. I grew with up two brothers, and now have a step-brother too. I think DD/DS/DS or DD/DS is my perfect combination. Already have my DD, but if I had another DD one day i’d still be made up with that :).

I used to only want boys because girls are drama queens and I didn’t want to deal with the emotions of girls. That was what I thought when I was a teen. By the time I actually started trying for a family my view had softened considerably though I still could only envision a pack of little boys. Then I went through two miscarriages and an adoption loss before having my first DAUGHTER. Two more miscarriages to get my second daughter. I don’t care whether we have boys or girls, I just pray to God to give us a sticky baby. However, the thought of boys does scare me a bit seeing as I only know girls. Circumcision is one discussion I’d be happy not to have!

Sticky-baby-ju to jersey_gray!

I have 2 boys and a girl and I’d choose all boys. I much prefer boys, I’m not girly, I hate the shallow pink princess world that the media has created for my daughter. Boys are also mellower, temperament-wise. My DD isn’t even 2 yet and I can see she’s going to be stubborn and strong-willed. My boys are strong-willed as well, but there’s something different about her, maybe because she’s more like me. I can see us butting heads in her teenage years.

If I has to pick I would chose all girls because I already have 4 nephews but really I would love a mixture

I don’t know, honestly. Although I don’t believe that gender has much to do with personality unless a child is raised in an environment which encourages gender-stereotypes, which I want to totally avoid with my own children. But that’s a different story.

My family follows a very coincidental pattern - My great grandfather was one of 5 boys. He then had 3 girls, including my grandmother. She had 3 sons, including my dad. And then of course he had me and my sister. So yeah - all boys, all girls, all boys, both girls. So I suppose I’ve always had it in the back of my mind that I’d have boys (or at least mostly boys). But I’m not counting on it, of course!

I’ve always been better with boys than girls, but I feel like I have to have at least one girl.
[name]One[/name] child: girl
Two children: boy then girl
Three children: boy then boy then girl
Four children: boy then girl then boy then girl OR boy then boy then girl then girl OR boy then boy then boy then girl

I’d rather not decide haha. I guess it’s because I don’t really care as long as they are healthy :slight_smile:

As I am pregnant with my THIRD girl, I guess I’d have to say girls! But if I had a choice I’d say girls until they are 13 then they can switch over and be boys… haha

I have two sisters and a brother, and I love it! You can go to your sisters to be all girly, and to your brother to be all tomboyish! When I’m older, I want a mixture of boys and girls. :slight_smile:

Similar to other pp’s, I’ve often thought I wanted all boys if I had to choose only one gender, simply because they’re generally less dramatic. But oh, to name girls! Now as I’ve gotten older though, I really think I’d prefer a mix, and generally think 2 boys and a girl would be my ideal set.