Would you recommend your name for a baby born today? Why or why not

For my name, [name_u]Lyndsey[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I would actually recommend [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u] spelled correctly because it would be refreshing on a baby today and fit in with other cutesy names. I would definitely recommend [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name as well

1 Like

If the parents want their child to hear ugly stereotypes all the time, mine is a good name!

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is actually decently popular so I would recommend it. I actually know a toddler named [name_u]Josie[/name_u] (just Josie).

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is fairly popular, and I’ve known a few people with the same name, but I’d recommend it to anyone who doesn’t mind popularity much and is looking for a common, but not super-trendy name.

Maybe :slight_smile:

[name_u]Skyler[/name_u] seems pretty hip & modern.

2 Likes

Sure! [name_f]My[/name_f] name (Saoirse) is a pretty on-trend choice for a child.

2 Likes

i think hannah would be a good choice for a baby! it’s a classic, biblical name and will grow with the child very well

4 Likes

I would not for just a couple of reasons:

1. It is constantly misspelled and mispronounced.
  2. It’s not a timeless choice in the US and is already very tied to the late '90s-early '00s.

Yes! I don’t thnk parents need any encouragement since my name boomed in popularity a while ago, but I do reallt like my name. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle is kind of eh but it’s an honor name so.

I would! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is currently in the top 100, and it never really “peaked” so I think it would fit a current baby perfectly well.

my name is [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], I would recommend, but the name sounds a bit evil for me, don’t know why :woman_facepalming:

I would recommend my name but it’s been in the top 100 for a while so that might be the only reason I wouldn’t.

I completely agree :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Eh maybe. It’s nice enough and no issues with it, but may be a tad dated now (Bethany)

2 Likes

One of my closest friends wants to name her daughter [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]! I think it’s an adorable name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

No, because there are already way too many people in the world with my name. It’s overused (and I’m tired of having to share it).

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I don’t mind it, but it’s a super common name and feels overused. Maybe a variation like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] though

First name, no, but if they really like it, then they should use it! Middle name is a bit more complicated— on the one hand it’s a lovely name, but I wouldn’t want it to break past the US top 100 (it currents ranks #207)

No, I would not recommend the name [name_u]Leslie[/name_u]. It’s a name I’ve always disliked.

I do think the name [name_f]Elayne[/name_f] (Elaine), my middle name, could be ripe for a comeback in a way that other 30s names might not yet be (like [name_f]Betty[/name_f] or Joan). It would be refreshing after all the years of [name_f]Alanna[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], et al.

I would recommend all three - [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]. I love my name!