Writers' Quick Poll Thread

Does Elizabeth, Catherine, and Margaret as siblings sounds good?

• Yes
  • Not really
  • I have another opinion (tag me)

0 voters

Which should be the middle sister of Alette and Luca?

• Delia
  • Mallory
  • Ruby

0 voters

I think it’s fine so long as she goes by a nickname. [name_f]My[/name_f] only question is: was she named that before HP came out? If not, why did her parents name her that?

What should I rename the MC of my lighthearted summer camp story? Her name is currently Hadiya “Diya”. She is introverted, a little blunt, and feels that her intelligence is the most likable part about her. She is black, Muslim, and wears huge eyeglasses.

• Bilquis nn Billie
  • Sahar
  • Faiza nn Fay
  • Just leave her name Hadiya
  • Something else

0 voters

What name goes well with Oliver, Justin, Peter, Bradley, and Miranda?

• Hannah
  • Amy
  • Rachel
  • Sophie
  • Lauren
  • Chloe
  • Angela
  • Alice
  • Kate
  • Rose
  • Kelsey

0 voters

I need a name for a character’s dog. The puppy is a brown/chocolate color. The two names I’m considering are Lucy and Winnie. Vivienne is the character, she goes by Vivi.

• Winnie
  • Lucy

0 voters

Thinking of a kingdom style story where each duchy/nobility house has their own symbol and motto

The house/duchy symbols should be…
  • Common mythical creatures (phoenix, dragon, unicorn, etc)
  • Less common mythical creature (kelpie, centaur, etc)
  • Real world animals often seen in media (lion, wolf, bear, etc)
  • Real world animals not often seen in media (horse, elephant, etc)

0 voters

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote is mostly based on the fact that someone else likes kelpies! I love them so much and people never talk about them! Kelpies and selkies, such wasted opportunity.

4 Likes

Starting a new story, it’s set in a modern-day American high school. Is it too expected/stereotypical for one character’s bullying, semi-violent, a$$hole boyfriend to be on the football team?

• Yeah, that’s overdone
  • No, it’s fine

0 voters

(Football isn’t part of the plot, but I want him to be popular and very strong so football feels like a natural connection between the two?)

What about another sport like Baseball or Baskeball instead. Violent jock who plays football is a bit of a stereotype.

7 Likes

Which last name sounds/flows better with a [name]Rosie[/name_f] [name]Eyre[/name_f] (full name [name]Rosaleen[/name_f])?

• Rosaleen ‘Rosie’ Eyre Quinn
  • Rosaleen ‘Rosie’ Eyre Hollow
  • Other (reply with your suggestions!)

0 voters

What should be his name?

He is a actor, comedian, writer, and producer, who is known for his improvisation skills and wacky energetic slapstick performance. He first appeared in the 1970s while performing at Second City.

• George
  • Thomas
  • Jeffrey
  • Timothy
  • Jerry

0 voters

Choosing the 6 duchy/nobility house symbols (tho you don’t have to pick 6, just choose the ones you think are cool)

Summary

Kelpie - a shape-shifting water spirit, it’s usually described as a black horse-like creature, able to adopt a human form
Centaur - a creature with the upper body of a human and the lower body and legs of a horse
Golem - a creature formed out of a lifeless substance such as mud or clay that is brought to life
Thunderbird - a legendary being that is said to be able to create thunder by flapping its wings and lightning by flashing its eyes
Chimera - a monstrous fire-breathing hybrid creature composed of the parts of more than one animal, usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat protruding from its back, and a tail that might end with a snake’s head
Caladrius - a snow-white bird that is said to be able to take sickness into itself and then fly away, dispersing the sickness and healing both itself and the sick person
Pixie - a tiny elf-like spirit who’s favorite pastime is to create mischief
Aspidochelone - a sea creature described as a large whale or sea turtle with an island on its back
Fenrir - a very powerful black wolf (or werewolf) with strength and size to rival the gods
Jackalope - a large jackrabbit with antelope horns
Wyvern - a legendary bipedal winged dragon usually depicted with a tail ending in a diamond- or arrow-shaped tip
Underwater Panther/Mishipeshu - a creature described as a cross between a dragon and a cougar with the head and shape of a feline, is covered in scales, and has dagger-like spikes running along its back and tail
Hippocampus - a creature with the upper-body of a horse and a lower-body of either a fish, a water dragon, or a cetaceans

• Kelpie
  • Centaur
  • Golem
  • Thunderbird
  • Chimera
  • Caladrius
  • Pixie
  • Aspidochelone
  • Fenrir
  • Jackalope
  • Wyvern
  • Underwater Panther/Mishipeshu
  • Hippocampus

0 voters

Which comedian would Jeffrey frequently paired up with?

He is a actor, comedian, writer, and producer, who is known for his improvisation skills and wacky energetic slapstick performance. He first appeared in the 1970s while performing at Second City.

• Bill
  • Chevy
  • Dan
  • John
  • Christopher
  • Harold
  • Brian
  • Joe
  • Eugene
  • John C.
  • Rick
  • Dave
  • Martin

0 voters

What should be their names?

Character #1
Description: The character is a twelve year old boy, he has light brown hair, fair skin and a big pointy nose. He is tall and is overweight with a enormously fat belly. He wears a buttoned down shirt with a t-shirt and shorts.

He is a overweight optimistic, down to earth and nice twelve year old boy who is a friend of Character # 1. He likes to draw pictures and read online comics, as well as building things with legos and also a fan of the sci-fi and superhero genre. He is friends with Character #2 and is rarely seen without her cause they always doing things and going on adventures together, they sometimes buttheads with each other at times but they support each other and look out for each other.

• Anthony
  • Owen
  • Harold
  • Cooper
  • Thomas
  • Jesse
  • Randall

0 voters

Character #2

Description: The character is a twelve year old girl, she has short black hair with fair skin. She is short and is slender. She wears a no sleeved shirt and blue skirts.

She is a tomboyish, kind, cool, friendly, smart, independent, and witty girl who is friends with Character #1.

• Rose
  • Marie
  • Laura
  • Lily
  • Casey
  • Alexis

0 voters

Should the character be British or just American?

Lauren/Laura is a twelve-year-old girl who is the unofficial leader of her group of friends Oliver, Justin, Peter, Barry, and Miranda, and is the voice of reason and the most mature and serious in the group. She likes to be in charge and to keep her friends in line when things go wrong or get out of hand, but she is helpful to them whenever they needed. She is a good at coming up with the plans and solving problems. Furthermore, she is nice, kind, smart, rational, down to earth, practical, strong, intelligent, assertive, clever, levelheaded, brave, confident, serious, easygoing, loyal, straightforward, independent, wise, witty and sarcastic though she can be also a bit mean, bossy, cynical, critical, pessimistic, moody, selfish, stubborn and blunt at times, she is also known to have a short-tempered and can overreact to every little thing that goes wrong. While she thinks she’s above her friends’ immature behavior, but she can act like them. She has a love of books and likes to quote them whenever she’s trying to prove a point. She also a part of the volleyball team at her middle school.

• British
  • American

0 voters

so i’m trying to figure some things about a character’s family! the character in question is frost.

here they are

a little about them: scottish / english (haven’t decided yet), quiet, has a bit of a martyr complex, kinda oblivious sometimes, INTP myers-briggs type, poetic, you probably would like to be their friend

they give off serious younger / middle sibling vibes, and i feel like they have two other siblings.

i’m still figuring out genders and names.

first, vote on where frost should fit in their siblings:

• older sister and younger brother (middle)
  • older brother and sister (aka, youngest)
  • older brother and younger sister (middle)

0 voters

vote for brothers for frost…

• asa
  • noel
  • jem
  • jasper
  • koa
  • ashby
  • viggo

0 voters

and now sisters…

• juneau
  • oona / una
  • ruby
  • claude
  • rue
  • thisbe
  • aoife

0 voters

let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions!

What to name him??
Words to describe him would be kind, happy, loyal, romantic, trusting, honest, friendly, carefree, enduring, positive, accepting, stuff along those lines!!

This is how I picture him! I do not own these images; I just found them on pinterest.

• Cassian
  • Caspian
  • Castiel
  • Cassander
  • Lysander
  • Leander
  • Valentine
  • Cyrus
  • Atlas
  • August
  • Tristan
  • Gabriel
  • Theodore
  • Kit
  • other (please comment! :slight_smile: )

0 voters

Which do you like best? Hart is her last name btw :wink:

• Cleo Adelina Hart
  • Cleo Adeline Hart
  • Cleo Amoret Adelina Hart
  • Cleo ____ Hart (other middle name meaning noble, honor, queen, royal, etc.)

0 voters

Does Genevieve nn. Eve/Evie make sense for this character?
Genevieve is an 11-year-old. She’s shy, but has two best friends, who she is extremely close with. She would have been born around 2010.

• Yes
  • Kind Of
  • No
  • Other (@ me)

0 voters