Writers' Quick Poll Thread

How many siblings would Sophie have?

Description: The character is a twelve year old Italian-American girl, she has long dark brown hair and peach skin, she is average height and is overweight with a enormously fat belly. She wears a magenta long sleeved shirt and blue jeans

Sophie is a young twelve year old Italian-American girl who lives in a nice suburban neighborhood in Michigan. She likes to ride her bike, hang out with her friends, listening to music, roller skate, taking photography and playing sports. She is best described as nice, kind, calm, easygoing, clever, friendly, helpful, levelheaded, honest, confident, bright, loyal, caring, understanding, practical, smart, down to earth, mature, sweet, responsible, polite, compassionate, witty, and independent, even though she never comes off as mean or harsh, but it also can be cynical, sarcastic and a bit blunt. She goes to Junior High, she is a part of choir and is a part of the girls’ volleyball team

0 voters

For [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] [name_f]Lunette[/name_f], it might be overkill, but it all depends on the type of story and her personality

2 Likes

Okay. In that case, I don’t think the name is too out there. It’s quite pretty :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Last name for a character?

Description
  • Lives in San Francisco
  • Bookworm
  • A bit wild
  • Loves socks and long bike rides
  • Hates mugs that get too hot in the microwave
  • Pit bull mix named Clyde
  • Set in modern day
  • Ida Judson
  • Ida Montgomery
  • Ida Monroe
  • Ida Jacoby

0 voters

Which group should sing Place in the Sun :sunglasses:

• Joe Nina Kenny Tracy Tommy Nancy Jon Beverly
  • Maura Luiz Ann David Bernadette Jay Leon Catherine
  • Danny Edith Mike Donna Timmy Lori Neal Robin
  • Mike Rose Hector Donna Timmy Shawn Danny
  • Harvey Tishy Red Cate Norman Tracey Tommy Carmen David Andrea
  • Chris Jennifer Ron Arcadio Karen Levell Nell
  • Amy John Carolyn Nicholas Shona Chee Susan

0 voters

Girl triplets?

• Eve, Iris and Laurel
  • Martha, Willow and Saige
  • Ashley, Paris and Kaye

0 voters

What sign should be her birthday?
Description: The character is a thirteen year old girl, she has light brown hair and fair skin, she is tall for her age and is slender. She wears a royal purple t-shirt and blue jeans.

Catherine is a young tall thirteen year old girl who likes to read, sketching and draw pictures. She is nice, gentle, quiet, kind, sweet, mature, sensible, and imaginative. She also likes to write short stories in her spare time and she’s planning to be a writer when she gets older. She also likes to hang out with a group of kids who likes to play games, act out in plays, go on adventures, tell stories and most importantly have fun, she is their most favorite member of the group and she even sometimes acts as the older sibling to them.

• Aries
  • Taurus
  • Gemini
  • Cancer
  • Leo
  • Virgo
  • Libra
  • Scorpio
  • Sagittarius
  • Capricorn
  • Aquarius
  • Pisces

0 voters

I was thinking, since Nameberry has such a wonderfully diverse set of users who speak all different languages, would it be helpful to make a thread where people can ask for translations they need in their stories from people who actually speak the language, rather than depending on something unreliable like Google Translate? Or would nobody really use it?

• Yes! That’s a great idea!
  • Seems okay.
  • No, it would never be used and fizzle out of existence.
  • A thread like this already exists. (If so, please give me the link!)
  • I’ll comment a longer opinion. (Because I always forget something)

0 voters

2 Likes

Changed character’s name to Salmai (ending like “my”), but now I can’t unsee “salami”.

• stick with Salmai, it’s fine
  • Salmei
  • I’ll tell you the spelling
  • change name completely

0 voters

The original spelling was Salmey but I decided y doesn’t fit the vibe of my world.

I would totally use it!!! I’ve never considered using NB for something like that, but I think it’s brilliant!!!

1 Like

What should be her name?

Description: The character is a twelve year old girl, she has short brown hair and fair skin with a pointy nose, she is short and is slender. She wears a t-shirt with skorts.

She is a nice, kind, friendly, bright, nerdy and optimistic twelve year old girl who is a friend of Miranda. She likes to read comic books and is a fan of sci-fi and superhero genre

• Tina
  • Nancy
  • Ada
  • Kate
  • Susan
  • Agnes
  • Irene
  • Hannah
  • Chloe

0 voters

He is an “retired army” man who still sometimes goes on mission’s & she is a “musician who’s also a singer/songwriter”. He has light brown hair & blue eyes. She has red hair & hazel eyes. They are both angels. How many children should they have? The children will be nephilim.

0 voters

[name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is pronounced Yelizaveta; I knew a Russian publisher with this name. I’ve mostly known Lizonka as the nn for [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f], but Liza/Lisa is common too.

Which group of children from their respective tv shows will win in a fight?

• Peanuts
  • South Park
  • Hey Arnold
  • Recess
  • Ed, Edd, n Eddy
  • Rugrats
  • Phineas and Ferb

0 voters

Is it bad that I’ve never heard of any of these lol?

2 Likes

[name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]Park[/name_u] isn’t a children’s show and most of the others are 20+ years old and don’t run any more. Peanuts used to be a newspaper comic before that though, so you might have seen it around somewhere.

1 Like

Who’s the best sister to Genevieve?

• Charlotte
  • Angelina
  • Felicity
  • Gwyneth
  • Gabrielle
  • Veronica

0 voters

Okay, so, I may or may not be writing a Kit Kittredge fanfic… And shipping Kit and Stirling… And need a ship name for them… Which one do y’all think is the best?

Ship Names
  • Sit (lol) (Stirling x Kit)
  • Kitling (Kit x Stirling)
  • Kirling (Kit x Stirling)
  • Koward (lol) (Kittridge x Howard)
  • Howridge (Howard x Kittridge)
  • You have something better (plz comment!)

0 voters

Please comment what you think of them (and opinions on me shipping them in the first place lol)

They’re 9 so… yeah, I find that very weird (and borderline disturbing, tbh). BUT if you’re writing about them being older, like teenagers, that could be really sweet! I think it would be interesting to show how the Depression shaped them as teenagers, and how WWII is impacting them too. I could see [name_u]Kit[/name_u] getting really overwhelmed as she’s trying to be a journalist but everything is just depressing, and it impacting her generally happy and optimistic personality.

5 Likes

I feel being evil just for the purpose of the scheme is scarier- it makes you realise that anyone can contain an evil deep inside and the surprising lengths normal people will go to to achieve their ambitions

1 Like