wt do u fink of 'LOVEDAY' and 'ESMERELDA'

there kinda cute. but weird. but im weird so…

wtcha fink fo them?
loveday-med eng. ‘day of love’
esmerelda - emeralda spanish

I don’t really see Loveday as a name that a person has to use everyday. I’ve known an [name]Esmerelda[/name] but it seems decidedly hispanic; I’m not sure how it would work if you are not of that culture. I think [name]Emerald[/name] may work better, [name]Amethyst[/name] would also be an unusual choice.

I think it would be cruel to name any real child Loveday.
[name]Esmerelda[/name] is okay, but it’s not my style. To me, it sounds like the name of a fictional witch.

It’s ok to like some weird names while you’re very young. I don’t know how old you are, but you said in another post you were not old enough to use these names. Be careful out there! I liked some outrageous names when I was in my teens that I am really embarrassed about now (and some in my 20s), but it’s really harmless to like the sound of a name nobody else cares for. Your tastes will possibly change over and over again.

Noooo! Someone else discovered Loveday! It’s a name with such history and meaning!

Of course, I have no intention of using it as a first name. Your child would never hear the end of it. But I think it would be a wonderful surprise in the middle.

As for [name]Esmerelda[/name], I know one. She goes by [name]Essie[/name]. So it’s hard for me to judge since I think of her when I hear the name. But I think it’s beautiful and it’s not over the top to me. I think it’s fairly commonly used in the hispanic community.

Loveday is a definite middle name for me.
I [name]LOVE[/name] it but could never use it as a first name. I [name]WILL[/name] use it as a middle though, no doubt in my mind!

I don’t like [name]Esmeralda[/name] as much but she is cute! [name]Esme[/name], [name]Emerald[/name] or [name]Imelda[/name] are my favoured alternatives… All similar to [name]Esmeralda[/name] in their own name, only not as ‘heavy’ in a way… [name]Esmeralda[/name] is a whole lot of name for a young girl to carry. Same with [name]Thomasina[/name] for example… :slight_smile:

i wouldnt use it as a child name. but it just a cute name. i do agree a child would b seriously made fun of for it.

thnx it will. im only 13! lol. but there fun name for character in book ect, but a child wiv one hm…

agreed. for a middle name. thomasina rocks!