WWYN black, grey and red cats

Out of curiosity, what would you name these cats? I will adopt a cat in the near future and those (black, grey & red) are the ones I tend to look for the most and even if I have a premade list of names for pets, I can’t seem to find the perfect names for them especially for males. So I was wondering what YOU would name those cats (females, males or any that comes to your mind) maybe it will give me some ideas :blush:
Thank you!!!
Here are some pictures for reference:

(black cat)

(grey cat)
(red cat aka somali)
1 Like

[name_f]Amber[/name_f]
[name_f]Misty[/name_f]
[name_u]Sam[/name_u]

[name_u]Or[/name_u] if you want human names:

[name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] / [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] / [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_m]Timoleon[/name_m] or [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] / red cats are male in my head

1 Like

black- Spooky, [name_u]Jack[/name_u], [name_u]Vinny[/name_u]

gray- [name_u]Owl[/name_u] / Owlet, [name_f]Koala[/name_f], [name_m]Wolfie[/name_m]

red- [name_f]Foxy[/name_f], Toasty, [name_f]Cherry[/name_f]

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Nox[/name_f] for a black pet! I think of the spells Lumos and [name_f]Nox[/name_f] in [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], Lumos for emitting light from the wand, then [name_f]Nox[/name_f] for turning it off :slight_smile: Also, apparently [name_f]Nox[/name_f] was the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess of night! It still sounds like a boy name to me though :wink: And apparently [name_u]Nyx[/name_u] is a primordial Greek goddess of night :slight_smile: These are all from Google searches, so I can’t confirm the accuracy :sweat_smile:

For a gray cat, I am thinking about volcanoes and ash, so some related ones could be:
Pompeii
[name_m]Vesuvius[/name_m]
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]

For the red cat, it’s definitely giving me fire vibes (unsurprisingly):
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaze[/name_u] / [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Zuko[/name_m]

1 Like

cute kitties!

:black_cat: salem, shadow, solstice, nightfall, mr. banks, sylvester / sly, key, ember / amber (eyes)

:white_heart: moonbeam, sonny, emerald (eyes), wynn, whit, mr. pawsicles, tux

:cat2: wildfire, sun, esh (fire), your majesty, mr. fluffikins, goddess, cleopatra, calypso, simba, reign

1 Like

@Eirime Oh I love the distinguished human names for cats, I might go and explore those more, thank you for the idea!!

@rosajune Spooky is so cute for a black cat omg :pleading_face:

@Audreymb Lumos and [name_f]Nox[/name_f] is so smart if you have a black and a white cat!!! I also looove [name_m]Zuko[/name_m], I added it to my list- thank you :heart_eyes:

@Aren Oh those are GREAT names!! This also made me realize I might not be so far off with my names because a few you listed are also on my list! [name_u]Solstice[/name_u] is so pretty and cool! I hadn’t thought of this one for a black cat! Thank you!!

3 Likes

im glad :grin: but i also had to comment just to second spooky, lumos, nox and zuko. gosh, whatever you choose, you’ll have the coolest named cats around, you best come and tell us!

2 Likes

Panter
Muis
Tijgertje

1 Like

[name_m]Black[/name_m] cats: [name_m]Mortimer[/name_m], [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u] cats: [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Freddy[/name_u], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Myla[/name_f]
[name_u]Red[/name_u] cats: [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]

1 Like

I think cats can pull off really extra names, so I might go with something like…

:black_heart: Mephistopheles, Ravilious, [name_f]Mehitabel[/name_f]

🩶 [name_f]Nephele[/name_f], [name_m]Thelonious[/name_m], [name_m]Hemingway[/name_m]

:orange_heart: [name_m]Ozymandias[/name_m], Sibelius, [name_m]Marmaduke[/name_m]

1 Like

Oh I LOVE extra names for cats, they always fit so perfectly and it’s so fun to use our creativity to come up with those long and cool names!!! Thank you for the ideas!! Excited to finally get to name my future cat :blush:

1 Like

[name_u]Jet[/name_u]
[name_f]Ebony[/name_f]
[name_f]Cindy[/name_f]
[name_u]Smokey[/name_u]
[name_f]Silvie[/name_f]
[name_u]Grayson[/name_u]
Rouge
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Roy[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Black[/name_m] cats: [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_u]Meridian[/name_u], [name_u]Zenith[/name_u], [name_f]Nox[/name_f], [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u] cats: [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m], [name_f]Lavina[/name_f], Caramelinda, [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Olympia[/name_f], [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Red[/name_u] cats: [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], [name_m]Chester[/name_m], [name_u]Floyd[/name_u], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f]

1 Like

:black_cat:: [name_f]Evie[/name_f] ( pronounced eh-vee) or [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

:cat:: [name_f]Muffin[/name_f] or [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]

:cat2:: [name_u]Royal[/name_u] or [name_u]Tiger[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Black[/name_m] cat- [name_u]Midnight[/name_u], [name_u]Shade[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]- [name_u]Ash[/name_u], [name_u]Smokey[/name_u]
[name_u]Red[/name_u]- [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_u]Flame[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u] /||\ [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_u]Jade[/name_u], [name_u]Lux[/name_u]

[name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_u]Sky[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u] /||\ [name_u]Moon[/name_u], [name_u]Brooke[/name_u], Ripple

[name_u]Niall[/name_u], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_m]Kylo[/name_m] /||\ [name_f]Nella[/name_f], [name_f]Amber[/name_f], Cake

1 Like