Wynn?

What do you think of [name]Wynn[/name]? I’ve always thought of it as a boy’s name since I know a [name]Wynn[/name] that’s a boy, but is it too feminine?

I don’t mind the Welsh name [name]Wynn[/name] which means “fair, white, blessed”. The name has a lot going for it - short, simple and nickname proof - all qualities I quite like. However, it seems more complete with the final “e” at the end - [name]Wynne[/name]. I also think I prefer it better as a middle name to pair with a longer first name. I had a cousin who died when he was an infant named [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] and I always thought it was kind of cool in the middle. If the somewhat “soft” sound doesn’t bother you or you don’t mind having some girls with the same name as your son, then by all means, go for it!

I like it, I would spell in [name]Wynn[/name].

I don’t see it as feminine at all. I think of “[name]Win[/name]” … but I think the “e” at the end makes it more feminine looking. I like it spelled [name]Wynn[/name]. :slight_smile:

I think its very cool! I like it spelled [name]Wynn[/name] and I would go as far to say that spelling it [name]Wynne[/name] would make it look feminine. Good luck!

All I think of is the hotel in [name]Vegas[/name].

I know a guy named [name]Winn[/name]… I love the name!!! I do prefer it spelled with an i and think the y spelling is a bit feminine. Go [name]Winn[/name]!

I wouldn’t say it’s feminine but it does feel a little insubstantial (when I hear it I see ‘win’ in my mind). But I think it would work really nicely in the middle.

My dad’s name is [name]Wynn[/name]. Of course, it’s all “boy” to me. He has had a couple little boys named after him by using [name]Wynn[/name] in the MN spot.

I actually just thought about this the other day. Our 1st son will be named [name]William[/name] [name]Edwin[/name] IV. and I was wondering if [name]Wynn[/name] could be a possible nn for him…

That would be so cool. :slight_smile: