Xyla

[name]Just[/name] when you think I’ve decided on a name…Grr…

With 4 weeks left until she’s here, I’ve found another name I like: Xyla (pron. Zie-lah, rhymes with [name]Isla[/name])

For me, it’s a cute alternative to [name]Isla[/name] (which I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] but the potential popularity of it makes me shy away from it) and it starts with an X. I already have [name]Xavier[/name] [name]James[/name] and I did want to honor him somehow because he’s truly an amazing kiddo!

WDYT? Is it “trendy”? Or too different?

Her full name would be Xyla [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Belle[/name].

Not feeling it. Too many Xs w/your kids. It’s too difficult to pronounce. Go w/[name]Isla[/name].

I too would nix Xyla. It sounds like you should go with a Z name.

I only think of xylophone, sorry. With [name]Xavier[/name], I think another X name would seem like you limited yourself to that letter on purpose. Are you thinking of [name]Francesca[/name] as a first name option or is it middle only? I like it as a sister to [name]Xavier[/name] - [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name].

Yeah, I think it’s a little overkill with [name]Xavier[/name]. Are you planning on having more kids, too? It might make it difficult to find another X name for child #3, and then if you have to go with a different letter, child #3 might feel left out. :frowning:

I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Francesca[/name], though…I’m interested to see if you’d ever consider that for first name. I also think it sounds so classic and amazing with [name]Xavier[/name]! And Cesca or [name]Chessie[/name] is such a cute nn. :slight_smile: Let us know!!

Only name her Xyla if you want her to be called xylophone for the rest of her life. [name]Isla[/name] is so great, if you are obsessed with the X I would go with Xylea instea which is less Xylophoney.

I have to admit the first thing that came to mind was Xylophone, what were you considering before?

I love [name]Isla[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Belle[/name] but I agree [name]Isla[/name] is bound for popularity, some other less popular alternative to [name]Isla[/name] could be [name]Ida[/name], [name]Ira[/name], [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Shyla[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], [name]Willa[/name], or maybe even [name]Zelia[/name]

Or maybe to tie your son and daughters names you could use a name that contains an X like… [name]Roxane[/name], [name]Trixie[/name], [name]Dixie[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Arantxa[/name], Eudoxia, [name]Margaux[/name], [name]Roxie[/name]…

Or maybe just a name that contains one of those unexpected letters like x, y, z, w, v, etc. like… Azelie, [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Azariah[/name], [name]Carys[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Izara[/name], [name]Keziah[/name], [name]Maelys[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Riva[/name], [name]Quarry[/name], [name]Silvia[/name], [name]Soraya[/name], [name]Suvi[/name], [name]Terezie[/name], [name]Tinsley[/name], [name]Valentine[/name], [name]Verity[/name], [name]Waverly[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Yara[/name], Zinniah…

Personally I think [name]Silvia[/name] & [name]Xander[/name] would be an adorable sibset…

oops I meant [name]Xavier[/name] sorry! :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I posted earlier, but it’s not showing up. Anywho, I like the name. It sounds spunky and feminine. I say use it :slight_smile: