Yay I have my girl name list 🌸 help me narrow!

Thank you! These seem to be the winners so far!

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be my favourite with brothers name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] “Nora”, [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] best. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have middles? I like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

I might be the only one that feels this way but if you have a super long/hard to spell/ hard to pronounce last name I don’t know if [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] are the best. That’s a lot of name! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I do feel like Alexandra/Allie and William/Liam are the sweetest sibset ! I also worry about [name_f]Margot[/name_f] bc of the mispronunciation that might happen with that name paired with a long hard to pronounce last name. And is [name_f]Margot[/name_f] really classic enough to work with [name_u]William[/name_u]? I don’t know. I do like it with [name_u]Liam[/name_u] though. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] feels classic enough to go with [name_u]William[/name_u] but also cute and fun enough to work with [name_u]Liam[/name_u] too. [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]May[/name_f] I love as first names because you just don’t hear it as often. Hmmmm I’m stumped! I don’t think you can really go wrong but I’m just not sure which is the best option. I will tell you some pairings I’m loving:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Allie[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] (you mentioned this)

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], & [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! Congratulations!

1 Like

Your welcome hope this helps

[name_m]Just[/name_m] so you know my child has a long surname (it’s hyphenated and consists one name used only in [name_u]Ireland[/name_u] and another only used Uganda) and a relatively uncommon first name however it does work! So follow your heart and I think the short nickname makes it not a huge deal

1 Like

[name_u]William[/name_u] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] :heart:

june and mae are DEFINITELY the winners for me! they have a more refreshing sound and overall fit better with liam!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] are my favourites by a long way. I also love [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] :blush:

Wow! I love all your girls names and your son’s name! You have lovely taste in names!

I like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] best, [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u] a close second, and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] third!

I agree with others that a formal name with an easy nickname would be the best match with [name_u]William[/name_u] nn [name_u]Liam[/name_u], and it seems to fit your style! You mentioned having a complex last name, but none of the first names you like are difficult to spell or pronounce, so I really don’t think it’s an issue!

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] are timeless picks with wonderful nickname potential! [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] is my first pick, as I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] slightly better than [name_u]Allie[/name_u], put that’s just personal preference!

You could also go with just [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but if you like [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] it might be nice for her to have a longer name if she wants options later. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is lovely and a sweet sister for [name_u]Liam[/name_u] too.

As for [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]May[/name_f], they’re sweet picks, however I feel like with a long last name they may feel insubstantial, they would work as great middle names between two longer names though!

1 Like

Thank you for such a thoughtful comment! I love to read everyone’s opinions. Curious to know- what nickname do you like for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]? I have a bit of an aversion to [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lex[/name_u] and [name_u]Lexi[/name_u]. They feel a little 90’s to me and not the vibe I want to go for at all. But I do realize that she could eventually be called them or pick them from [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] so that does make me a little anxious about the name. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] are both the only family names that I felt worked with William… but I KNOW I would shorten them. They are both too long for the amount of times I’ll call for my kid every day. And I do wonder if I like the shortened versions of the names enough. I did love [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] before they became some of the most common names that I hear at the playground.

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] nn [name_u]Allie[/name_u] would be my fav followed by [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and May/Mae

1 Like

Knowing that [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] are family names makes me love them even more! [name_f]Special[/name_f] meanings make a name even better.
[name_u]Allie[/name_u] is a very cute nickname for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]! And I don’t hear it as often as [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] that you mentioned loving! And I see what you mean that [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], [name_u]Lex[/name_u], & [name_u]Lexi[/name_u] feel somewhat 90s. [name_u]Alex[/name_u] and [name_f]Andie[/name_f] / [name_u]Andi[/name_u] / [name_u]Andy[/name_u] are nice if you like more unisex nicknames with a feminine full name, but otherwise I think [name_u]Allie[/name_u] is a great nickname!

Such a beautiful list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. <3

1 Like

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is okay but i like [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] better. I’m biased though because it’s my name. I just feel like it sounds better with the ia ending. I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] so much though!

1 Like

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] seem to be favorites ! I’m a little surprised so many people love [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. It always struck me a little like a [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] type name- where you love it or hate it. I obviously love it !

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_u]June[/name_u]. [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] - how cute!

1 Like

I think my personal favorite is [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] just makes me picture a happy care free little girl. I absolutely love [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] put together.

[name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] would be so good together