Yay or nay - surname trouble!

So we’re expecting our second child, gender is still unknown. We have a few favorites when it comes to boys names, but I’m worried that some of them might sound silly with our surname since they both start with [name_u]Jo[/name_u]-.

What do you think? [name_f]Do[/name_f] these names work with our surname, Johnstone?

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]

Thanks!

I don’t see why not.

I think [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] Jоhnstone sounds a bit funny but [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Joel[/name_m] work well with your surname.

I dont see a problem with that at all and like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] best!

I think all but [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Some of these are great names, but I wouldn’t want both my first and surname first syllables to be the same.

It’s not a deal breaker though.

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I think they all go well other than [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].

I grew up with an alliterated name which I hated, so on that basis I would say no, however most people don’t seem to mind. Definitely not [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] though.

[name_f]Every[/name_f] one of those (very handsome) names work with your last name except for [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choices!:heart:

I personally don’t like it when first and last names start or end with the same sound.