šŸ¤· Yay or nay to

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all

Iā€™m trying to feel inspired by some more masc names, so Iā€™ve been making some combos. Iā€™d love to get your first thoughts on them!

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to say just ā€˜yes or noā€™ to them, to list your favourites, to give a few opinions, suggest a different middle for your favourite first name/s, what ever youā€™re feeling.

Usual disclaimer: these are not for a real life child; there are no real life implications of the names - just for my collection :slight_smile:

The names:

Summary

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f]
[name_m]Evren[/name_m] [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] / [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f]
[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_f]Collins[/name_f] [name_m]Remy[/name_m]
[name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Thank you all :heart:

3 Likes

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m] --Yes
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] Atticus-- Yes (although I might worry itā€™s a bit too literary focus with both names being literary figures (Bram Stoker/Atticus Finch?). Maybe [name_m]Bane[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_m]Basil[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]?
[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] ā€“ No but this might bee a cultural difference in the US as reef can be slang for somethingā€¦
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] Fiferā€“Cormac is too rough sounding for me. I like [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] though!
[name_m]Evren[/name_m] Shilohā€“This is lovely! It might be added to my collection tooā€¦
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] Not a big fan of [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] because I donā€™t like the movie [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Bā€™s [name_f]Day[/name_f] Off but that might be a USA thing again.
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] Wilf/ [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] Tennysonā€”I like [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] the best of the the two! Itā€™s an old money name to me but I like it!
[name_m]Winn[/name_m] Barnabyā€“itā€™s okay and probably fits better in the UK. I also donā€™t like most ā€œBā€ names so I might be biased against [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] Montagueā€“Yessssss. I probably like this better for a book character than real-world but itā€™s a very crisp, cool name that fits very much with trends right now!
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] Amadeusā€“Yessss. Although some may think youā€™re a huge [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] fan lol
[name_m]Jem[/name_m] October-- Not the biggest [name_m]Jem[/name_m] fan because it sounds a bit hillbilly to me but [name_f]October[/name_f] is lovely!
[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] Bennettā€”the BIGGEST of YESes.
[name_f]Collins[/name_f] Remyā€“Donā€™t like [name_f]Collins[/name_f] much because of Pride & Prejudice but not everyone would have that association.
[name_m]Merle[/name_m] Isidoreā€“absolutely.
[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] Hugoā€“another one thatā€™s more UKish but I like its flow!
[name_m]Idris[/name_m] Orion-- Again, I think of [name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_f]Elba[/name_f] but I love these two together!
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] Paxā€“itā€™s a bit unbalanced but I think Iā€™d like both names with something else!
[name_m]Moss[/name_m] Theodore-- Iā€™m not a big fan of using [name_m]Moss[/name_m] but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is classic!

A few that come to mind based on these:

[name_m]Cedric[/name_m] Gerault
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Swain[/name_m]
[name_m]Willem[/name_m] [name_m]Ovid[/name_m]
[name_m]Niels[/name_m] [name_f]Raven[/name_f]
[name_m]Norris[/name_m] [name_m]Digby[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] Alcaeus /Alcaeus [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]

:slight_smile: Thanks for sharing this list! Itā€™s unique, as always! :slight_smile:

I love you style!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites:

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] I like the woodsy, autumnal, rugged feel of this name. I might prefer [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] or even [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m], but overall I love the feel and the intelligent strength of this name!
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is bright and quirky and cool, and I love him with the more grounded, but still fun [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]!
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m] -My heart is melting over this one! [name_m]Kip[/name_m] is adorable (I also like [name_m]Kit[/name_m], but [name_m]Kip[/name_m] is just as sweet.) I like the balance of lengths, and how the whole combo feels literary and cool-kind of modern with a vintage flavour that is really pleasing!
[name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f] Maybe my favourite? [name_m]Jem[/name_m] is warm and lovely ( + a literary connection) and I love the descriptive but not too wordy quality to this combo. He just sounds like a thoughtful, smart, artsy, principled little boy who loves mud puddles! :maple_leaf:

Likes- but would prefer a bit switched around

[name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] I actually like the romance and silver fantasy feel (reminds me of king Arthur!) but the double silent E ending doesnā€™t look really visually pleasing to me. I think [name_m]Merlin[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Inigo[/name_m], [name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Valentin[/name_m], or [name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] look a bit better and have a similar feel, although as I said I actually love the sound of the original combo!
[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]Again, I actually adore this, but [name_m]Moss[/name_m] is not a nature name that I have fully considered a name name yet, if that makes sense. I canā€™t decide if I like it as is, of if I would prefer it as a nickname for [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] or Morrisā€¦
[name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m] I love [name_m]Orion[/name_m], but the flow here is a tiny bit choppy. Some other options could be [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m], [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m], or [name_m]Elvis[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m]!
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] I like the spelling better as [name_f]Pascale[/name_f]! This combo is nice, and I like both names individually, but Iā€™m not sure about together. The vibe feels a bit off for me. A couple other suggestions ā€¦Pascal [name_m]Shepard[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Horatio[/name_m], [name_f]Darcy[/name_f] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]!

Based on your style, here are a couple name suggestions!

[name_m]Anatole[/name_m]
[name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentine[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Jude[/name_m]
[name_m]Benvolio[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Holden[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Fitz[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Dorian[/name_m]
[name_m]Thoreau[/name_m]
[name_m]Kit[/name_m]
[name_m]Emerson[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Tristan[/name_m]

@cms1512 thank you so much for your thoughts.

On [name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ā†’ I did ponder if it was too literary - I like the idea of [name_m]Basil[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] but then I think of [name_m]Basil[/name_m] from The Picture of [name_m]Dorian[/name_m] [name_m]Gray[/name_m] :grin: I will keep looking :slight_smile:

[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] ā†’ ah, didnā€™t know that so I had to google - not sure Iā€™ve ever heard that here but maybe Iā€™m out of touch :grin:

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] ā†’ I do think people will think of the movie where I am too, but I guess itā€™s fine since I wonā€™t be using it irl?

[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] ā†’ yeah, Iā€™ve met male Winn/Wynns before, so maybe it works better here? B names are tricky though :grin:

Is it bad I have no idea who [name_m]Pedro[/name_m] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] isā€¦?

[name_f]Collins[/name_f] [name_m]Remy[/name_m] ā†’ funnily enough, I was thinking [name_m]Wilkie[/name_m] [name_f]Collins[/name_f] over Mr [name_f]Collins[/name_f] but I feel like the latter might be a more obvious association?

Iā€™m enjoying:
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Swain[/name_m] ā†’ very cool and distinctive
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] Alcaeus ā†’ woodsy and cool
[name_m]Niels[/name_m] [name_f]Raven[/name_f] ā†’ sleek and interesting

Thank you again :heart:

@OctaviaMay thank you so much!!

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ā†’ I like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] is so charming

I love the way you describe [name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m] and [name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f] :heart:

[name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] ā†’ yeah, it doesnā€™t quite look right now youā€™ve pointed it out. I like [name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] and [name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_f]Indigo[/name_f] which I think Iā€™d like :slight_smile:

[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ā†’ I get what you mean on [name_m]Moss[/name_m]! I think it does make a cool nn for [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Morris[/name_m], if only I liked them as full names :grin:

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m] is so lovely!

[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] are delightful! And [name_f]Darcy[/name_f] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] is dreamy :heart_eyes:

Youā€™ve nailed my style as lots of these are on my list! [name_m]Loving[/name_m] [name_m]Valentine[/name_m], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Jude[/name_m], [name_m]Benvolio[/name_m] (my guinea pig!!), [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_m]Fergus[/name_m], [name_m]Dorian[/name_m], [name_m]Kit[/name_m], [name_m]Emerson[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] and [name_m]Tristan[/name_m] :heart::heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m]: Nay, only because of Taliesinā€¦ I love [name_m]Rory[/name_m]!
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]: YAY! I love both these names, but Iā€™d probably switch to [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]: In the middleā€¦ I like [name_m]Reef[/name_m], but [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] isnā€™t my favorite
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f]: leaning towards yay, only because I adore [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Evren[/name_m] [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f]: Nay, not a fan of either of these names
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]: In the middle with this oneā€¦ I love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is iffy
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] / [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]: Yay to [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m]. Nay to [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]: Nay, [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] turns it off for me
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m]: Nay, I donā€™t like either of these
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]: Nay, only because of [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f]: Yayā€¦ I like the sound and the feeling I get from this combo
[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]: Nayā€¦ Never heard of [name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] but Iā€™m not a fan
[name_f]Collins[/name_f] [name_m]Remy[/name_m]: Nay, only for a boy. I like [name_f]Collins[/name_f] better on a girl. It might of been a yay if it was [name_m]Remy[/name_m] [name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]: Nay, not a fan
[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]: Nay, I ADORE [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], but [name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] reads girl to me
[name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m]: Nayā€¦ Although I love [name_m]Orion[/name_m], [name_m]Idris[/name_m] is a no
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m]: Nay, [name_m]Pax[/name_m] is beautifulā€¦ [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] isnā€™t to me
[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]: Oh, I would 100% call this a yay if it was [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] Mossā€¦ But I say nay

1 Like

Iā€™m going to list the combos I think are absolutely amazing, couldnā€™t be better!
[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] (Iā€™m not even a huge [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] fan, but this combination is just great!)
[name_f]Jen[/name_f] [name_f]October[/name_f]
[name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m]

If I could do a little switching
[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Remy[/name_m]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m]
[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f]

1 Like

I love so many of these! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites areā€¦
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m]
[name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f]

I guess I really love your one-syllable boy name combos!

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m] - I love the fairytale feel of this, but think [name_m]Rory[/name_m] [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] would flow even better!!

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] - Yes!! So handsome

[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] - These names feelā€¦ mismatched to me? [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] feels so regal and mythological and [name_m]Reef[/name_m] feels very modern and chill

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] - Canā€™t believe Iā€™ve never thought of [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] as a boyā€™s name, I love!!

[name_m]Evren[/name_m] [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f] - This combo feels very feminine to me but in a good way! Iā€™d maybe pair [name_m]Evren[/name_m] with a stronger middle, but still quite sweet!!

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] - Yes yes yes, love love love!! So strong and bold and sweet at the same time!!

[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] - Much prefer this one, very handsome and [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] is sweet with Tennyson!!

[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] - I think I would prefer [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Winn[/name_m], but the names are very sweet and dashing together!!

[name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m] - I love the playful energy of this one!! It reminds me of [name_m]Westley[/name_m] from the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] - This one feels a little too pompous to me, but [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] could certainly be a dashing middle with a different first!!

[name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f] - Oooh I love it. Iā€™ve been enjoying [name_m]Jem[/name_m] for a boy, and heā€™s so moody & fun with October!!

[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] - He feels slightly incomplete to me (probably because Iā€™m thinking he should be [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] nn Thaniel) but still cute!!

[name_f]Collins[/name_f] [name_m]Remy[/name_m] - Donā€™t love it for a boy, feels very modern girl-ish

[name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] - Very grandfather-esque, but cute!!

[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - Never heard [name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] for a boy before, but I like the simplicity and flow of this combo!!

[name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m] - Again feel mismatched, [name_m]Idris[/name_m] feels soft and sweet whereas [name_m]Orion[/name_m] feels strong and hard

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m] - Feels very regal and medieval, but I like the vibe it gives!!

[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - How sweet and down-to-earth, I really like it!!

@25vbrandeberry Thank you for your thoughts!!

[name_m]Rory[/name_m] is gorgeous too - a fave :slight_smile: [name_m]Just[/name_m] playing around with [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Collins[/name_f] for a girl too - but somehow dislike Collin/Colin - it gives old man vibes here :grin:

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is lovely too, but Iā€™ve met so many; I think [name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] might be perceived differently here too

Thank you for your honest thoughts :slight_smile:

@columbiacharm thank you!!!

[name_m]Loving[/name_m] the switches - especially:

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] (gorgeous!)

[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] (this is giving me stylish, fashionable vibes)

[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m] (rugged but poetic)

[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (gorgeous!!)

@Kipperbo1 thank you!!! One syllable names are so fun

@winterlyricalfox thank you!!

[name_m]Rory[/name_m] [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] is brilliant too - I think if I was realistically naming a child, Iā€™d do it this way round :slight_smile:

[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] ā†’ I totally get that - I find both of these hard to pair :grin:

[name_m]Evren[/name_m] [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f] ā†’ this will probably move to my gender neutral list, Iā€™m thinking

[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] ā†’ yeah, revisiting this, Iā€™m not sure on this either. Thinking something shorter, snappier maybe

[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] ā†’ itā€™s a Welsh name that Iā€™ve liked for a long time! I encountered it on a boy first, so I think it reads that way to me :grin:

Thank you again!

3 Likes

[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m]
[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Reef[/name_m]

1 Like

Taliesin Rory - never heard of Taliesin and love it, and I like the adventurous, fantastical feel of this name
Bram Atticus - not sure about this one syllable M ending name into Atticus. Probably much better with last name in play - Iā€™m also not a big Bram fan.
Reef Endymion - not for me.
Cormac Fifer - love! Yes! Very 1970s-90s Hollywood glam. If it were my kid, would tweak to Curtis Fifer.
Evren Shiloh - yes please!
Ferris Jonah - love Ferris, usually not keen on Jonah and would prefer John but I like it here.
Tennyson Wilf / Wilf Tennyson - yes to second!
Winn Barnaby
Kip Montague - this and above two (Wilf T and Winn B) have same rhythm and vibe. I like all three with a preference for WT and KM. Kip Montague is an inspired combo!
Pascal Amadeus - Very grand and 17th-18th centuries! Go very well together, not sure could pull trigger on Pascal but love Amadeus in second spot.
Jem October - a storybook sweet name!
Thaniel Bennett - hmmm not sure, it definitely flows well and sounds very frontier man but Iā€™m just not keen on the ā€œielā€ sound, same for Daniel.
Collins Remy - this, to me, is the weakest link - seems like a drink, so no from me.
Merle Isidore - another enchanting name!
Emlyn Hugo - really like but might tweak to Emrys as Emlyn giving gremlin to my silly brain!
Idris Orion - like both but not sure I like Idris flowing into Orion (am saying Idresso-ryan). Doesnā€™t quit hit the mark for me.
Balthazar Pax - too much for me, and I trip up on it.
Moss Theodore - like, but Moss is too wordy-hip for me, and overall not as appealing, compared to your others.

I think theyā€™re all great! Especially, if theyā€™re not for a real child, I believe theyā€™re all wonderful names for characters for example.
I love [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m] and [name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]! I can easily imagine them being used for real children. [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] is an underused gem. [name_m]Pax[/name_m] is a wonderful name, with a wonderful meaning. [name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] flows beautifully and fits into the current trends by mixing a nature themed name with a classic traditional name.
[name_m]Evren[/name_m] [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f], [name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], [name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f] and [name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] are very interesting and surprising. I think theyā€™re adventurous but also usable in real life. They stand out!
[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m] sound very charming and dauntless. I believe they would be really nice for a baby born in 2024! Familiar but very original at the same time.
[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m], [name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] and [name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] give me a futuristic and mysterious vibe.
I also really like [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] and [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]!

@shanade213 thank you!! [name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] is cool!!

@EloiseT thank you for all your thoughts!

On KM, WT and WB - I really like that rhythm evidently!!

this made me laugh :grin: I get that

Thanks again!

@Estrela thank you! love those descriptions!!

1 Like

my faves:

cormac fifer
ferris jonah
tennyson wilf
winn barnaby
collins remy
moss theodore

thoughts:

:leaves: i really like your overall vibe! moss is actually on my list for an actual child too.
:leaves: i slightly prefer remy collins to collins remy, but i like both names.
:leaves: i love the idea of tennyson with the nickname tenny!

1 Like

Taliesin Rory Not my style
Bram Atticus I like it!
Reef Endymion Not my style
Cormac Fifer I like it!
Evren Shiloh I like it!
Ferris Jonah [name_f]Love[/name_f] this one!
Tennyson Wilf / Wilf Tennyson Really love it with [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] in the first name place
Winn Barnaby Really love this one too
Kip Montague cool name I like it
Pascal Amadeus It sounds nice together but not my style
Jem October Not my style
Thaniel Bennett Not my style
Collins Remy I like this one!
Merle Isidore Not my style
Emlyn Hugo Not my style
Idris Orion I like this one! It flows really well
Balthazar Pax Cool name I like it
Moss Theodore Not my style

1 Like

@acoker95 thank you so much!! I think realistically, Iā€™d probably use [name_m]Remy[/name_m] in first place. [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] ā€˜Tennyā€™ is so cute

@AmyVermeersch thank you so much for your thoughts!

1 Like

Not sure if youā€™re looking for more feedback, so feel free to ignore!

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m] ā€“ love both names individually. Not sure how I feel about them together. I almost feel like [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] needs something a bit weightier or mystical with it?

[name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ā€“ love it! Itā€™s very classic lit for me (Bram [name_m]Stoker[/name_m] & To Kill a Mockingbird are my main assocations), but I kind of like that!

[name_m]Reef[/name_m] [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] ā€“ I want to like [name_m]Reef[/name_m], but I canā€™t get over the reefer association. [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] is such a gem!

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] ā€“ feels very poetic. I like how [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] brings out the softer side of [name_m]Cormac[/name_m].

[name_m]Evren[/name_m] [name_f]Shiloh[/name_f] ā€“ calm, peaceful sounds and calm, peaceful associations!

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] ā€“ unexpected combo, but I like it!

[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] / [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] ā€“ not sure how I feel about [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] as a standalone, but I still prefer [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]. I have a weird thing about nicknames as middle names, ha!

[name_m]Winn[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] ā€“ love the jauntiness of this combo! I can never decide my favorite spelling of [name_m]Winn[/name_m] (itā€™s [name_f]Wynn[/name_f] today).

[name_m]Kip[/name_m] [name_m]Montague[/name_m] ā€“ mischievous little boy vibes, but also could be a rake-ish scamp in a novel!

[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] ā€“ love, love, love! Very old-world cool.

[name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_f]October[/name_f] ā€“ sweet and cozy

[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] ā€“ hmmā€¦not sure how I feel about [name_m]Thaniel[/name_m]. Aesthetically, I donā€™t love the look of it. Not a bad combo, though!

[name_f]Collins[/name_f] [name_m]Remy[/name_m] ā€“ I really like [name_m]Remy[/name_m], but donā€™t love it paired with [name_f]Collins[/name_f]. [name_f]Collins[/name_f] on a boy is 100% Mr. [name_f]Collins[/name_f] from Pride and Prejudice for me, unfortunately!

[name_m]Merle[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] ā€“ feels very dark academia with the blackbird connection. I wish I could like the sound of [name_m]Merle[/name_m] more. Maybe a bit ā€˜rā€™ heavy with [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]?

[name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] ā€“ I never see [name_m]Emlyn[/name_m] around, heā€™s great! Great flow with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], too

[name_m]Idris[/name_m] [name_m]Orion[/name_m] ā€“ I like both names a lot, but they sort of run into each other in this combo

[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Pax[/name_m] ā€“ I think Iā€™ve already discussed my love of [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], so I love this! [name_m]Pax[/name_m] really softens it up.

[name_m]Moss[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ā€“ [name_m]Moss[/name_m] gives me old man and nature vibes at once. I like it paired with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]!

@VEL thank you - thoughts are still very welcome :heart:

[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] [name_m]Rory[/name_m] ā†’ I get what you mean. I think I actually prefer [name_m]Rory[/name_m] [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] now but would love to find something for [name_m]Taliesin[/name_m] - I will keep looking

[name_m]Reef[/name_m] ā†’ maybe Iā€™m just out of touch or maybe itā€™s not a UK thing but I havenā€™t actually heard ā€˜reeferā€™ but I did guess what it meant without knowing :grin:

Oh I get that :grin: [name_m]Wilf[/name_m] does rank in the UK, interestingly enough. I wish I could enjoy Wilfredā€¦

[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m] ā†’ Iā€™m seeing itā€™s a very acquired taste! I got it from a book :slight_smile:

[name_f]Collins[/name_f] ā†’ the Mr [name_f]Collins[/name_f] thing has come up a lot, so Iā€™m thinking that will be a common association. I have other [name_m]Remy[/name_m] ideas and might think more on [name_m]Wilkie[/name_m] over [name_f]Collins[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] ā€œyesā€ list:
[name_m]Thaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Taliesin[/name_m]
The rest, I would have to put on the ā€œnoā€ list, sorry.

1 Like

@Sailor22 thank you for your thoughts!! And no need to be sorry - we all have different tastes, and I asked, after all!

1 Like