Your fave F boy names

Not being rude, really do want to chat F boy names.

What are you favourites?

What do you think of [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] or Fife/Fyfe for a boy? Which do you like better? [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] has been on my mind of late.

And what about [name_m]Forbes[/name_m] (is this usable given the magazine)?

I also like [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] and Farley…

2 Likes

I really struggle with F names, the only one I’d actually use is [name_m]Fennec[/name_m], nn [name_f]Nix[/name_f].

So here’s some names I like but wouldn’t use:
Fawzi
[name_m]Fjord[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Finley[/name_m]
[name_m]Finch[/name_m]
[name_m]Frasier[/name_m]
Fawkes

I don’t hate [name_m]Fife[/name_m] / [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] but I don’t love it either, it’s one of those I’d like to see on someone else’s child. [name_m]Forbes[/name_m] is usable but again it’s not for me, the same as [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] & [name_m]Farley[/name_m], sorry.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Fennec[/name_m]! :raised_hands:t2:

Def no offence taken, [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] & [name_m]Forbes[/name_m] are new ideas over last week or two so in no way attached.

A few F names I like but my favs are [name_m]Florian[/name_m] & [name_m]Flynn[/name_m]
[name_m]Florian[/name_m]
[name_m]Franz[/name_m]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_m]Finch[/name_m]
[name_m]Fiorenzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Flynn[/name_m]

1 Like

I lovvve [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m], [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] and [name_m]Fife[/name_m] for a boy! Maybe [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] a little more. So cool!

[name_m]Forbes[/name_m] feels a bit too pretentious atm though it does have a cool sound. I do like [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] and [name_m]Farley[/name_m] too!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite F boy names:

[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] / [name_m]Forest[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Finvarra[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
Feef
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] (i know, i know)
[name_m]Fen[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Fortitude[/name_m]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Femi[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]

[name_m]Florian[/name_m] is so handsome! Haven’t considered [name_f]Florence[/name_f] for a boy - same for you, @Greyblue - high risk, high reward (would need to be the coolest kid going round!).

1 Like

There’s an [name_f]English[/name_f] muso called [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] D@ngerfield which is where I first heard it and then soooted his name again yesterday, many years later. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you like it! I really like [name_m]Frey[/name_m], [name_m]Fen[/name_m] and [name_m]Finlo[/name_m].

What nn would you use for [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (b)? [name_m]Fen[/name_m]? [name_m]Ren[/name_m]? Not sure about [name_f]Flo[/name_f] for a boy…

Some of my faves:

[name_m]Flynn[/name_m], [name_m]Florian[/name_m], [name_m]Floris[/name_m], [name_m]Florestan[/name_m], [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] or [name_m]Finn[/name_m], [name_m]Francis[/name_m], [name_m]Flavien[/name_m], [name_m]Freyr[/name_m], [name_m]Falcon[/name_m] & Fennix :white_heart:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], and [name_m]Farley[/name_m] is cute too! I like [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] for a girl, so why not for a boy :slight_smile: [name_m]Forbes[/name_m], unfortunately all I think of is the magazine.
Some of my favorite F names… sorry for any repeats:
Frederick/Freddie
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
Finnick/Finlo/Finnegan/Finnian
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Fritz[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_m]Flynn[/name_m]
[name_f]Favor[/name_f]

1 Like

Oooh, I quite like [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m], especially with this spelling! [name_m]Forbes[/name_m] is a little too finance-y for me due to the magazine, but maybe more of an American thing?

Many of my favorites have been listed already, but I’ll add…

[name_m]Falco[/name_m]
[name_m]Feivel[/name_m]
[name_m]Fiachra[/name_m]
[name_m]Finbarr[/name_m]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_m]Florizel[/name_m]
[name_m]Folke[/name_m]
[name_m]Fulton[/name_m]
[name_m]Fyodor[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite F names would be [name_m]Foster[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], Frank/Franklin, and [name_m]Fergus[/name_m]!

[name_f]Fifer[/name_f] I’m not loving, the first thought that popped into mind was it sounds like a mis-hearing of [name_f]Piper[/name_f] which is fairly popular right now. [name_m]Fife[/name_m] sounds a bit better but there’s a city here by that name and its reputation is horrible highway traffic, cars, gambling, and a constant ahem, stench from nearby mills :laughing: so I am a little biased in a negative direction. I do find it usuable for people in other places though!

[name_m]Forbes[/name_m], perhaps because of the magazine, reminds me of billionaires which is a negative connotation to me personally.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is cute! I like the tie-in to carnival rides or the movie [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Bueller[/name_m]. It has a sort of jaunty, playful feel to it. I imagine a mischievous little guy who loves to be outdoors running and getting into everything, but you forgive him because he’s so sweet deep down.

[name_m]Farley[/name_m] has a friendly, humble aura. Perhaps because of [name_m]Chris[/name_m] [name_m]Farley[/name_m], I do imagine a funny boy with this name who likes to make sure his friends are entertained and cared for. The sort of guy you could call to help with any random favor and he’d do it.

1 Like

[name_m]Forbes[/name_m] definitely makes me think of the magazine. [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] makes me think of the movie [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Bueller’s [name_f]Day[/name_f] Off. I think [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] has a cool sound to it!

Some of my favorites
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Franco[/name_m]

1 Like

Ferris is my favorite of those F names! It’s very cute :ferris_wheel:
Forbes sounds cute too, I could see it being wearable.

I also love

Franklin
Forrest
Fisher
Finn
Felix

[name_f]My[/name_f] F list is pretty simple names:

Faramond/mund
[name_m]Faustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Feargus[/name_m]
[name_m]Festus[/name_m]
Ferdinand/ [name_m]Fernandu[/name_m]
[name_m]Forester[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Forsythe[/name_m]
[name_m]Francis[/name_m]
[name_m]Frost[/name_m]

[name_f]Fifer[/name_f] I immediately corrected to [name_f]Piper[/name_f] in my head. I like it better with [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] as a NN.
[name_m]Forbes[/name_m] will always be the magazine but [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is getting more popular so its not unusual.
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Buellers day off.
Farely I again corrected in my head to [name_m]Barley[/name_m].

F names are hard for some reason.

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] over [name_f]Fifer[/name_f]. Not the biggest fan of [name_m]Forbes[/name_m], but I love [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] & [name_m]Farley[/name_m]! As for other “F” names I enjoy:
[name_f]Foxglove[/name_f]
[name_m]Forest[/name_m]
[name_m]Fleetwood[/name_m]
[name_m]Fennec[/name_m]
[name_m]Finbarr[/name_m]
[name_m]Fidelis[/name_m]
[name_m]Fjord[/name_m]
[name_m]Finch[/name_m]
[name_m]Folke[/name_m]

1 Like

I used to really dislike F names but I’ve fallen for so many over the years! Current favorite is Frey, but love all of these:

Frey
Fielding
Fife (currently a middle on my list!)
Frederic (Frederick is fine, I just like the softness of Frederic. Danish Frederik is so, so cool too)
Finley
Floris
Forster
Finlo
Freeman

Also like these but don’t love as much as the first group:

Fletcher
Flynn
Finnegan/Finnian
Florian
Fitzwilliam
Fairfax

As for your questions, Fifer I prefer for a girl, but I love the simple Fife! Eoghan Daniel Fife is on my own list. I like Fife over Fyfe. Forbes is top list-ey/magazine-ey, but I think Fergus is a fine alternative. Unfortunately Ferris and Farley don’t do much for me.

Good luck!

2 Likes

[name_m]Fenwick[/name_m]
[name_m]Fen[/name_m]
[name_m]Finn[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_m]Finley[/name_m]
[name_m]Finlay[/name_m]
[name_m]Finch[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] & Fife/Fyfe! I generally prefer [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] for a girl, but works for a boy as well!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites:
[name_f]Frankie[/name_f]
[name_m]Finch[/name_m]
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
Fyfe/Fife (I can also never decide lol)

1 Like

[name_f]An[/name_f] F initial name I really like is [name_m]Faraday[/name_m].

I totally see the appeal of [name_f]Fifer[/name_f] and Fife/Fyfe. This is difficult to word but I think I prefer the written look and idea of them as names, to how they are enunciated. More so with [name_m]Fife[/name_m] than [name_f]Fifer[/name_f], they get a little fluffy in my mouth?! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you can discern some sort of sense from that!

I’m intrigued by [name_m]Fen[/name_m] or [name_m]Fenn[/name_m] as a masculine name.

1 Like

I think the only ones I would really consider are [name_m]Finn[/name_m] & [name_m]Ford[/name_m] (which I think is a better, but similar, option to Forbes)

1 Like