Your Favorite Character Sibsets!

I’m not feeling good today, so I’m doing a lot of lying in bed thinking about my characters.

The thought “What’s your favorite character sibling set?” popped into my head, and of course I had to share it here with you guys!

So what’s your favorite sibling set you’ve made in a story, and why?

my answers

There’s a lot of sibsets that I love, and a lot that have fallen out of favor, but my favorite would have to go to:

Genevieve, Vivienne, & Theodore
“Gemma”, “Vivie”, & “Theo”

First of all, I adore long and elegant names, so these three fit the description perfectly. They are all French sounding and stylistically fit very well together. They all have three syllables and end in ‘e’. I also feel like these names are very “berryish” in a way.

Also, their full names are Genevieve Eloise, Vivienne Elizabeth, and Theodore Everett, so they all have ‘e’ middle names.

my honorable mentions

FRENCH NAMES:

Olivier & Madeleine (full names Olivier Marcus and Madeleine Claire)

Julian, Kira, Lena, Matteo, & Nora (full names Julian Samuel, Kira Anna Marie, Lena Lucia Elise, Matteo Emile, and Nora Gianna Louise)


ENGLISH SOUNDING NAMES:

Lucy & Lyla (full names Lucy Mei & Lyla June, so short and sweet!)

Thomas, Josie, Ella, & Charlie (full names Thomas Andrew, Josephine Belle, Eleanor Mary, & Charles David)


SLAVIC NAMES:

Aleksander, Natalya, & Lena (full names Aleksander Nikolai, Natalya-Elena Ivanna, & Lena-Dinara Mariya)

Pieter, Vera, Sasha, & Nikita (Pieter Sergei, Veronika Anastasia, Aleksandra Miroslava, & Nikita Maximilian)

Inessa, Viktoria, & Daniel (Inessa-Dariya Elina, Viktoria-Anna Miroslava, & Daniel Andrei)

4 Likes

I’m just now realizing how many of my characters are an only child :thinking:

[name_f][/name_f]

One sibset I have that I like is [name_m]Abraxas[/name_m], [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

3 Likes

Oh no, feeling sick is the worst! Hope you feel better soon :slightly_smiling_face:

I have only really worked on one story, and my favorite sibling sets… hmm… I think I’ll go with William Henry and Irene Faith. I love how they go together, and their names match their personalities so much too!
honourable mentions:
Mila and Liam (just love the alliterations, and it reflects the person who named them so well!)
Rowan, Ivy, and Brooks (nature theme!)
Mateo and Maya

4 Likes

That is just a dreamy sibset! It sounds so literary and elegant!

I’ve always loved Ivy and Brooks together! And the addition of Rowan just makes it even more spunky and naturey sounding!

3 Likes

Alrighty, I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this!

[name_f][/name_f]

First and foremost, I gotta give a shoutout to my protagonist sibset, the Mortensons! [name_f][/name_f] There’s [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Torquil[/name_m] (16), [name_f]Harper[/name_f] [name_f]Annamarie[/name_f] (13), and [name_f]Skyla[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] (10).

[name_f][/name_f]
    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    Additionally, I dig the set I made for their mother, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and her siblings. There’s [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Christian[/name_m] (44), [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] (40), [name_f]Judith[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (38) and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (38).

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    Another fave o’ mine is [name_m]Jahmari[/name_m] [name_m]Charlemagne[/name_m] [name_f]Holland[/name_f] and [name_m]Zaire[/name_m] [name_m]Kingsley[/name_m] [name_f]Holland[/name_f]. Were their parents being extra? Probably. The boys have [name_f]Haitian[/name_f] ancestry from their maternal grandmother and Jamaican ancestry from their paternal grandfather, and I wanted to incorporate that into their names somehow. In hindsight, it may be a tad too subtle.

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    On the note of the Hollands, the family patriarch, [name_m]Dontrell[/name_m], has an older brother named [name_m]Jermaine[/name_m]. Between you and me, I love the bro-combo of “Don & Jerry”! :lollipop:

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    A minor, albeit near-and-dear to me sibset is the Montagues. There’s [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m], [name_f]Brandi[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f], and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m]!

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    Finally, there’s the [name_f]Mayberry[/name_f] sisters: [name_f]Amarantha[/name_f] [name_f]Salvatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Filomena[/name_f], [name_f]Pepper[/name_f] Pierangela, [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Janae[/name_f], and [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] [name_f]Ornella[/name_f]!

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
[name_f][/name_f]

Alright, that’s all for now. I may update once I find some more.

2 Likes

Ooooh, what a question! I’ll have to say…

[name_f][/name_f]
    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    Flintan and [name_f]Illiana[/name_f]. A sibset from my current fantasy WIP. I love how they both have long regal names which can be shortened (they go by [name_m]Flint[/name_m] and Illia). For me, the sharpness of the name [name_m]Flint[/name_m] contrasts well with the more ‘flowery’ [name_f]Illiana[/name_f] to make for a great dynamic sibset.

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]

    I also have to mention another of my favourite sibsets…Andoran, Rydan, [name_f]Althea[/name_f] and Torlander (once again from my fantasy WIP). I just adore these characters and the nn of [name_m]Oran[/name_m], Rydan, Althee and [name_m]Tor[/name_m] just make me very happy!

    [name_f][/name_f]
  • [name_f][/name_f]
2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] two favorite sibsets that I made:

[name_f][/name_f]

[name_m]Rowan[/name_m], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], and [name_f]Holly[/name_f]

[name_f][/name_f]

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Cadence[/name_f] [name_m]Reinhardt[/name_m]

1 Like
[name_f][/name_f]

Why is this so gorgeous!?

1 Like
[name_f][/name_f]

These two together just send me into heaven, it’s so sweet

1 Like
[name_f][/name_f]

I’ve always loved hearing you talk about these siblings… they sound so interesting! And [name_f]Skyla[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] fits what I’ve heard of her personality perfectly!

1 Like

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] and [name_m]Howie[/name_m]

2 Likes

I’m really digging my new characters [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_m]Reign[/name_m] and [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Prosper[/name_m]! :fire:

1 Like

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_m]Reign[/name_m] is beautifulll

1 Like

[name_f]Sandhya[/name_f] and [name_f]Selah[/name_f]

(They don’t have middle names)

3 Likes

I love my mismatched set of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_m]Killian[/name_m], & [name_m]Christoper[/name_m] “Kipp” (Izzy, [name_m]Killian[/name_m], [name_m]Kipp[/name_m]) because I am simply very attached to these characters even though I named them when I was much younger and not thinking about matching. Their names suit them perfectly though, I could never change them.
~
[name_f]Talwyn[/name_f] + [name_f]Elvi[/name_f] are sisters for my sci-fi story :pink_heart:
~
Idk if fanfiction sibsets count but I have my fictional sibset of [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] 'Rosie’ & [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

2 Likes

If fanfiction counts, another favorite sibset from my Hazbin Hotel OCs is [name_m]Dastan[/name_m] and [name_f]Liriel[/name_f].

2 Likes

So the main character in my Victorian-era WIP has eight siblings, several of whom were named by completely different people – he only has this number of siblings because he’s had three stepmothers by the time the story begins. I’ve listed each one’s parents next to them, by name if possible, but by age they are:

[name_f]Morgan[/name_f] [name_m]Elias[/name_m] (protagonist, Elizabeth/George) – 1860
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] (Elizabeth/George) – 1860
[name_m]Robert[/name_m] ‘Robin’ (Bridget/Robert) – 1860
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (Sarah/George) – 1862
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] ‘Alfie’ (Jane/XXX) – 1862
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f] ‘Nell’ [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (Sarah/George) – 1865
[name_m]Charles[/name_m] ‘Charlie’ (Jane/XXX) – 1868
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘Josie’ (Jane/XXX) – 1868
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] ‘Harry’ [name_m]George[/name_m] (Jane/George) – 1873

With them all written out, here’s the reasons I like it so much:

  • All of these are names within the top 200 names in [name_m]England[/name_m] and [name_m]Wales[/name_m] in 1850 (the best I could find while making the list)
  • These rankings are [name_f]Morgan[/name_f] (103), [name_m]Elias[/name_m] (86), [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] (163), [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] (169), [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (9), [name_f]Ada[/name_f] (67), [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (2), [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] (13), [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] (8), [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (52), [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (7), [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (146), [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (6), and [name_m]George[/name_m] (4).
  • Jane’s children all have nicknames that end with the same sound.
  • [name_m]The[/name_m] only children with middle names were named with George’s involvement.
  • [name_m]Robin[/name_m] is the only child directly named after his father (meaning they are the only ones to share a first name).
  • [name_f]Morgan[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] are both named after [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] despite [name_f]Ada[/name_f] not actually being her child.
  • [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is the only child who has a middle name which was not either directly taken from or inspired by [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]George[/name_m].
  • [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] gave the most consistently unusual first names; only considering the boys, [name_f]Morgan[/name_f] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] have the only names ranking below the top 15.
2 Likes

Hmm, I made these two sisters when I was a teenager and I’m pleased with how their names have aged: [name_f]Shelby[/name_f] [name_f]Kristina[/name_f] (Bee) and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_m]The[/name_m] setting is kind of post-disaster/post-war (not quite post-apocalpyse) and their names manage to honour like 5 or 6 loved ones who died during the war. I was particularly pleased to come up with [name_f]Shelby[/name_f], which is [name_f]Sheila[/name_f] + [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

[name_m]The[/name_m] only trouble is, from a writing perspective, I keep thinking [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is older and [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is younger (they’re not) because of their initials being A and B.

1 Like