Your favorite dated name

Alice & [name_m]Philip[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

Amy, [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Maureen[/name_f], [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], and [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

1 Like

Sylvie, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]!

3 Likes

Since when are [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] dated? They’re lovely and seem perfectly current!

7 Likes

Not sure about the others, but I do know that [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is considered a dated name in [name_f]France[/name_f]. Equivalent to something like [name_f]Linda[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think they’re old enough, so vintage rather than dated imo :slight_smile: (speaking for [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking areas)

3 Likes

I don’t know about [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] but the others, especially [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], do have a grandma or maybe great grandma vibe.

Heather, [name_f]Donna[/name_f], [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Carol[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]

Brian and [name_f]Amy[/name_f]!

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] and [name_m]Philip[/name_m]

I agree. I think of “dated” names as ones that are still very tied to a particular decade, from the '30s to the '90s…maybe even the early '00s at this point. Most of these, at least in the US, feel more vintage and very fresh today! Granny chic is in right now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dorothy
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Destiny[/name_f]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]
[name_u]Hilary[/name_u]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_u]Ashley[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Donna[/name_f]
[name_f]Dianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Linda[/name_f]
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]

Margaret (Margrit)
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
And for a more modern ‘dated’ one: [name_f]Briony[/name_f]

Mildred, [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and I’m starting to like [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]!

Euphemia. [name_f]Effy[/name_f] for short.

1 Like

Ok I’ve honestly never seen my name brought up in the forms before so I just had to take a moment :smiling_face::joy:

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] “dated name” is [name_f]Edith[/name_f]! She’s a long time name love of mine! For boys I also love [name_u]Stanley[/name_u].

3 Likes

Jessica and [name_f]Heather[/name_f], for recent “dated”

Agnes or [name_f]Maude[/name_f] for older dated :heart:

1 Like