Your thoughts on Ava?

I’ve recently found myself loving the name [name]Ava[/name]. I know it’s wildly popular and even trendy right now according to the numbers, (although I’ve never met one), but I love the short, sweet, feminine-without-trying-too-hard sound, and the fact that if I had it on my list it would honour loved ones. So… what’s the general berry consensus on [name]Ava[/name]?

Also, middle name suggestions would be nice :wink:

Thanks!!

1 Like

I love [name]Ava[/name] - its a beautiful name and one we considered for our second son, the only minus for me is the popularity. It was nr 8 in 2012 and for me thats just a tad too popular. But other than that its a beautiful classic, well worth loving!

I totally love [name]Ava[/name] and that was one of our choices but have met quite a few little [name]Ava[/name]'s recently so have decided against using it as I wanted something original Beautiful name though.

I love it and I’ve never met a little [name]Ava[/name] - although I do know it’s quite popular. For me, like the people above me, the only minus is that it has become so popular. I personally prefer names that aren’t as heard of or common. However, if it wasn’t in the top 10, it would definitely be one of my favourites.

I hate it. Which is odd, because I like [name]Amy[/name], [name]Ada[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name], which are admittedly pretty similar-ish.

It’s not the popularity - I like more popular names - I just hate it. Somethng about the sound. I wouldn’t let popularity deter me if I liked a name enough, especially one with family connection.

Nice sound to it, but very popular at the moment, which turns me off.

I am sooooo over this name. I hear it all the time. I have two friends that have daughters named this. It is pretty, but I would move on.

Yawn.

It’s a fine name and all, just completely uninspiring at this point. [name]Ada[/name]? [name]Lila[/name]? [name]Aria[/name]? [name]Aviva[/name]? [name]Violet[/name]? [name]Ayla[/name]?

I’m so so over it i hear [name]Ava[/name] allll over the place they are EVERYWHERE

I love it so much! I might go with the hyphenated [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Seraphina[/name] myself one day. Those are the only three popular names I can’t bear to cross off my list.

I’m with the person that hates it but doesn’t know why. There’s nothing actually wrong with it, it just seems so harsh and ugly to me for some reason. It’s weird because I like [name]Avery[/name], [name]Eva[/name], etc. [name]Ava[/name] just seems really sharp and like a medical instrument or something to me.

I like [name]Ava[/name] and see why its super popular. If you truly love it, don’t let the popularity bother you, and just use it.

[name]Love[/name] it so much!! [name]Ava[/name] [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Ava[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Ava[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]…

1 Like

I love that name. Its beautiful, simple, and classic. It’s popular according to numbers but I’ve also never met one.

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Danielle[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] grace
[name]Ava[/name] faith
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

1 Like

It is a beautiful, classic name but only use it if you are prepared for seeing 1 or 2 other [name]Ava[/name]'s in her Kindy/school class. My daughter has 2 [name]Ava[/name]'s in her class this year. But it is very lovely so if this doesn’t bug you then go for it!

I honestly don’t get the big hype over it. It sounds to me like a nickname for something, I think it’s visually unattractive, and as an added bonus, it’s the fifth most popular name in the US right now. Though, admittedly, I love both [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Eva[/name], which are somewhat similar.

I like [name]Ava[/name], although there are some popular names I like more ([name]Olivia[/name]! [name]Isabella[/name]!). I like [name]Sophia[/name] more than [name]Ava[/name], too, but I prefer the [name]Sofia[/name] spelling, and I like [name]Emma[/name] more than [name]Ava[/name], too, but I really only like [name]Emma[/name] as a middle.

Honestly, the very similar [name]Eva[/name] is on my list, and I adore that, so I honestly would never consider [name]Ava[/name], and it does strike me as a little trendy. There’s a trend of using "A"s instead of the original vowels ([name]Alivia[/name], Avangeline, etc. instead of [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name]), and as [name]Eva[/name] can be said similarly to [name]Ava[/name], sometimes I’ve wondered if that’s where [name]Ava[/name]'s origins came from. I’ve heard in the past that [name]Ava[/name] [name]Gardner[/name] was the first person to use [name]Ava[/name]–that her name was originally [name]Eva[/name] pronounced “AY-vah”, but they wanted her name to be more glamorous for Hollywood, so they changed the spelling, and ever since, [name]Eva[/name] has been EE-vah and [name]Ava[/name] AY-vah in the US. I’ve since been told that that’s wrong, and her name was always spelled [name]Ava[/name], but still, I can’t shake that image from my mind. It is a lovely name, though, and I’ve only ever come across one [name]Ava[/name] (she was a doll!). I’d be happy to meet another.

Honestly, if I have no problem using [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name] (or [name]Emma[/name] or [name]Sofia[/name]), then why should you not be able to use [name]Ava[/name]? It’s lovely. It’s a gem. Go for it. I like [name]Ava[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Ava[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I so want to like it-has such a beautiful meaning! But I hear [name]Ava[/name] now and think “meh”
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Grace[/name]…they are everywhere!
I’d pair it with something amazing and unexpected…though I’m not coming up with anything right now!

[name]Eva[/name], [name]Eve[/name], or [name]Ivy[/name] sound similar & seem less expected. [name]Eva[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name] is a new fav of mine:)

I like it. It’s pretty. It is VERY popular, but if that doesn’t bother you then use it :slight_smile:

I know at least 6 people with daughters named [name]Ava[/name], and 4 of them were born in 2012 and 2013. [name]Way[/name] too popular in my opinion. Short names like that don’t appeal to me at all. I don’t really understand why it’s so popular. I also know someone with a daughter named AvaJane (they call her AJ) and I like that much, much better than just plain [name]Ava[/name]!