Your thoughts on Eunice?

Looking for some honest feedback.

Sorry, [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] is way too clunky and fusty and heavy for me. It sounds like a portly old woman with a temper, totally set in her ways even if they’re clearly not working.

Sorry I have to agree with bonfireazalea on this one.

I don’t think it’s attractive at all, sorry.

I’m not a fan sorry. It just reminds me of that kid’s movie, “She’s the [name_m]Man[/name_m]”. The girl named [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] in that movie was unusual to say the least.

I don’t think the English-speaking world is ready for a baby [name_f]Eunice[/name_f]. I can usually see the good in names even if I would never use them for a baby in a million years, but I can’t like [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] even a little bit, even theoretically.

Sorry I really do not like it it’s so old.

I love “clunky grandma” type names ([name_f]Agatha[/name_f]/[name_f]Aggie[/name_f] for example) but [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] doesn’t seem to strike the same chord for me. Is this a family name? Perhaps something with a similar feel but a little less musty:

[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eustacia[/name_f]

Makes me think of the word eunuch… need I say more?

I am sorry, but I agree with the others. [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] looks all right on paper, but saying it aloud just isn’t pretty. It would be a heavy burden for a child or an adult to carry, I fear.

I have always thought [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] was the only unusable Biblical name for girls.

I am in my early 30s. I had a friend in high school who was the youngest of 12(!) kids. Her mother’s name was [name_f]Eunice[/name_f]. And, yes, sadly, she definitely looked like an unhappy grandma most of the time. She is the only [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] I have ever met and has to be in her 80s by now.

Here are some names with a similar “vibe” that are beautiful:
*[name_f]Adina[/name_f]
*[name_f]Cleta[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
*[name_f]Edith[/name_f], with the super-cute nickname of [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
*[name_f]Esther[/name_f] (It is so ready for a revival!)
*[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] with the nickname “[name_f]Gina[/name_f]”
*[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], with nickname possibilities of [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_m]Henri[/name_m], [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
*[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
*[name_f]Lydia[/name_f], nicknamed L
*[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
*[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
*[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
*[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
*[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
*[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

Sorry! [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] with a nickname of Lyddie! So sweet.

[name_f]Eunice[/name_f] appears to be a unanimous “no.”

I’ve been eyeing her for years.

Thank you, Berries, for satisfying my curiosity.

The “eunuch” association is the deal-breaker for me.

[name_f]Lois[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u], thank you so much for your thoughtful suggestions. [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are favorites :).

[name_f]My[/name_f] thought on [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] has always been that it’s a straight no, but if someone actually names their daughter that [name_f]IMO[/name_f] it would be really cute seeing a little [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] running around and it has lots and lots of nn posibilities. I think that if someone creates a TV series with a main character called [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] it’ll be reborn again.

I’m sorry, I agree with the others, I am not fond of [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] at all.

Sorry I don’t like it either (and I ususally love clunky names).

I don’t like this name at all…I can’t see it gaining popularity at all.

It makes me think of the [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] family. So I kind of like it.

[name_f]Eunice[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u] Shriver – [name_m]John[/name_m] F. [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]'s sister and [name_f]Maria[/name_f] Shriver’s mom – is my association as well.

So when I see the name [name_f]Eunice[/name_f], I think fusty aristocrat.

I never liked [name_f]Eunice[/name_f], but then I actually met a lovely young lady at work with the name, and now I don’t mind it so much seeing it on a 20 year old and it actually suited her.

Despite the “eunuch” connotations which are a deal-breaker for me, I think I’ll always have a soft spot for [name_f]Eunice[/name_f] :).

Thank you all for your honest, helpful feedback!