Your thoughts on Ezra Jude?

Hey All

We have 40 days to go and the jury is still out on names.

What are your thoughts on our latest fave, [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]? [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to hit me with the good, the bad and the ugly.

…and also how do you think it compares to [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] because this was our previous front runner.

Thank you!

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is unexpected and I like it a lot! It definitely flows well with [name_u]Jude[/name_u], but it does feel ultra-Biblical… That’s not a bad thing, but something to consider – especially if you plan on having future children and your taste tends to lean more toward names like [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

I also really like [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I just adore seeing [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] used for a boy! [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be less expected as a pair, if you would consider combining your two. Or even [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m], perhaps?

Overall, though, I think [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be a great choice! If that’s the name you both love most, then I wouldn’t hesitate. :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!! I agree that it does feel kind of ultra-Biblical, which may or may not be your thing. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is nice, too. I like previous poster’s suggestion of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] has been on my own list for years.

I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] IT! I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] so this is easy for me.

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is cute as well. I really like both, but I would pick [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for sure :slight_smile:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps!

I prefer [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]! [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] feels sort of fresh and unexpected right now, because it’s not as commonly used in this day and age. I also agree with PP about maybe balancing out the Biblical names as well. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] are decent names, though.

I really like
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] feels dated to me.

I really love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as a combo.
For the first name specifically, I like the sound of [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. But the only downside is that [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] came out of the mothballs as a trendy name because of the show Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars so I’m not sure if it would age well. I still prefer [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] to [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] just because I don’t like unisex names.

I absolutely love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]! It is definitely my favorite combo of your chosen names. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] feels dated to me, too. I have an [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and I love it. It’s cool and fresh, yet solid, rooted and timeless. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] does not sound too biblical to me. Our [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is 13 now and we have never met another [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], so it is not too common. We have gotten lots of compliments on his name, and he is a cool and very helpful kid that fits it perfectly. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] mean “helper”. :slight_smile:

Two of my favourites together- it feels cohesive and cool

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is so sweet! Not super popular but familiar. I think it will wear well on a boy of all ages. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is nice but just isn’t as classic sounding.

I really like [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. I would caution against the suggestions of [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as one of my primary association of [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is the terrific children’s book author [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Keats[/name_u].

I think [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a lovely combo. It feels fun and modern, but also both are classic, familiar names, with a long history of use. I definitely prefer this combo over [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m], which feels trendier.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is very lovely but also reads very Jewish, which could be odd if you aren’t actually Jewish.

I slightly prefer the cadence of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] to [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] but that’s pretty minor, I think it’s a lovely name.

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are both soo handsome. [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a bit more 2000’s/2010’s, which is perfectly fine, whereas [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] has long biblical history but fees more like a 2020 baby.

1 Like