Your thoughts on Josalie please

Hi there. I’m interested in opinions and feelings on the made up name, Josalie. I’d pronounce it ‘[name_u]Jo[/name_u]-zah-lee’ but ‘[name_u]Jo[/name_u]-sah-lee’ wouldn’t bother me. Of the name combinations I’ve blended I feel like this is most akin/most likely to be mistaken for a known name, which is what I am aiming for for a character. I’d also be interested to know what character traits spring to mind for a Josalie (if you can stomach it as a name). Genuine feelings and opinions welcomed.

2 Likes

Thank you. All opinions are valid and valuable!

Josalie is very pretty!

Josalie is spunky but sensible, sympathetic, kind hearted, but tells everyone what they need to hear instead of what they want to hear, in a kind way though.

Good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Josephine or [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] seem better to me. Josalie has some of my favorite sounds, the ‘ie’ at the end, but it sounds really made up. Sorry!

1 Like

I really like it! I prounce it as JO-sah-lee

1 Like

Josalie isn’t my style but it’s pretty and unexpected, I like it!

1 Like

I absolutely love this name! Especially in a story where you’re looking for names that could pass as a normal name in the real world. I can totally see it actually being used. I also pronounce it joz-uh-lee, fyi.

1 Like

Josalie seems like her parents each wanted to honor their mothers, a [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and a [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

1 Like

I definitely prefer Josalie to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. I think it sounds cute and very fresh.

1 Like