Your Thoughts please....Baby brother for Sadie and Scarlett...

Thanks [name]Blade[/name]…I’ll post more as I get more input and whittle down this list even more. I still have a lot of time (until [name]March[/name]/[name]April[/name]) but I like my baby to have a name before they are born.

Of the “S” names you listed, I like [name]Silas[/name]. But my first pick would be [name]Bram[/name] - I just love this name, and it gets overlooked a lot [name]IMO[/name]. I think [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] are both stand-out names; so you need a boy name that is just as special. [name]Zander[/name] is nice too.

Truett and [name]Everett[/name] have the same ending sound as [name]Scarlett[/name]; so, I think it would leave [name]Sadie[/name] feeling a little bit left out of a (most likely) unintentional family naming trend.

Oh! Didn’t see [name]Beau[/name] at first! It’s great too; and honestly, [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] both have a tinge of southern flair to my ears. [name]Beau[/name] would be a great addition to that sib set since it evokes a southern flavor even more so.

So hubs is okay with [name]Beau[/name], but he wants [name]Bo[/name] spelling. I’m concerned it’s a little redneck and not formal enough to be a standalone name. I’m really trying to get some agreement on Bowden as a full name. What do you think?

He also likes [name]Everett[/name] but I hear the -ett trend with [name]Scarlett[/name].

I know I’ve chimed in a lot, but I really think Bowden hits all the marks for you guys.

oh no, [name]Blade[/name], keep chiming in…I love all the responses.

So he came home with [name]Buckley[/name]. I think he made it up as a compromise for my love of [name]Hadley[/name] in the last pregnancy. Anyhow, I made all kinds of faces so it’s been dropped.

I know, I think Bowden is great. I’m a little concerned that [name]Boden[/name]/[name]Bodhi[/name]/Bodie/Bodie seems to be lightning rod. Some people really dislike. I do hear the [name]Bode[/name]–issue but then again I named our girls names that start with Sad and Scar! I was a bit concerned about [name]Sadie[/name] sharing the long [name]Say[/name]- sound as Sadist and Satan. I don’t even think about it anymroe and I love her name and I hate it has become so popular. I have to be careful not to push too hard because I think he will run the other way.

Her’s my new short list:
[name]Dashiell[/name] ([name]Dash[/name]) - Husband says no, but I’m keeping it there
Bowden (nn [name]Bo[/name] or Bodie)
[name]Beau[/name]/[name]Bo[/name] - Hubs like [name]Bo[/name] spelling. I’m concerned not formal enough.
[name]Nash[/name] - he nows say [name]Nash[/name] is good but thinks made up, must look up meaning
[name]Everett[/name] - he agrees, but I’m concenred about -ett ending with [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Bram[/name] - Hubs said he was thinking of this name too???
[name]Beck[/name] - Hubs now says okay. I’m concerned that [name]Becket[/name] is going to pick up like hot cakes and [name]Beck[/name] will get lost in the Becketts/Beckhams
[name]Buckley[/name](nn [name]Buck[/name]) - hubs came up with this. I’m not convinced
[name]Casper[/name] - Hubs says maybe
[name]Tatum[/name]/[name]Tate[/name] - Hubs prefers [name]Tate[/name], but I’m not sure it’s good enough to stand alone
[name]Winston[/name] (nn [name]Win[/name]) - Not sure myself
[name]Paco[/name] - My older daughter is adamant that baby should be named [name]Paco[/name]! Ha! we have an Irish last name, but I think it’s funny. I would never name the baby [name]Paco[/name].

[name]Buckley[/name] = [name]William[/name] F [name]Buckley[/name] and his politics. I also don’t care for the nickname [name]Buck[/name]-- it’s too folksy, and it’s a common word (“spare a few bucks?”) and rhymes with a very rude word which you can bet your shorts his classmates will quickly discover. I can hear the “F***ley” taunts now…

I agree with you and a pp, [name]Everett[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] are too close. “[name]Beck[/name]” is not, to my knowledge, trending towards mega-popularity. While there are more Becketts born in 2011 than ever before, it’s only in the mid-300s, which means exactly 924 little boys were called “[name]Beckett[/name].” [name]Beck[/name] was even rarer-- only 146 little Becks were born last year.

[name]Winston[/name] nn [name]Win[/name] is great. I would love to see [name]Winston[/name] brought back (I’ve only met Winstons in the flesh in the UK, where it’s a [name]West[/name] [name]Indian[/name] name).

Re: origins of [name]Nash[/name]: Meaning, origin and history of the name Nash - Behind the Name

You mentioned your Spanish-speaking nanny-- perhaps your older daughter learnt [name]Paco[/name] from her?

Lastly, would you like more -ley names to run by him?

[name]Conley[/name] nn [name]Con[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Barclay[/name]
[name]Harley[/name]
[name]Brindley[/name]
[name]Hedley[/name]
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Quigley[/name]
[name]Connolly[/name]

After reading through all the posts I’m jumping in to second Bowden for you guys. It’s seems to hit all the things your looking for and I like the nickname [name]Bo[/name]. [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and Bowden sounds great together.
I also like [name]Bowen[/name] and [name]Beck[/name]. And I think the [name]Paco[/name] suggestion is priceless.

what about spelling it Beauden? depend’s on where you live but where i live the spelling Bowden (which is also a popular surname) the [name]Bow[/name] is said like rhyming with Cow.
Beauden spelling would get you the [name]Bo[/name]-den.

I really like [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Penn[/name] (i liked the meaning of [name]Penn[/name] to you and your husband)
[name]Beck[/name]
[name]Everett[/name].

I really love the names of your daughters! what are their middle names?

[name]Ruby[/name], I think where we live, [name]Beau[/name] would actually be mispronounced. It’s a large hispanic population and they been used to see [name]Carolina[/name], [name]Daniela[/name], [name]Gabriella[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], etc. for decades. [name]Sadie[/name] often gets mispelled and mispronounced. I’ve had more than one person try to call her Sahd-ee or [name]Say[/name]-lee, bizarrely enough. I honestly think many would actually try to pronouce every vowel in [name]Beau[/name] - like Bi-oooow.

Interesting…i hadn’t thought of that of pronounciation for [name]Bow[/name]. I really wish we could do [name]Boden[/name] and not worry about the fore-boding problems…Maybe by the time baby is born, I’ll get over it just as I did with [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]'s bad associations.

Thanks on the daughter names. Their middles names are not actually that exciting. It’s sort of a family tradition to give the girls the same middle name. It’s even nicer if the name is part of the mother’s name. So I actually named them [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Liana[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Liana[/name]. It was either going to be [name]Lily[/name] (one of my nn) or [name]Liana[/name] (my first name). When we picked [name]Sadie[/name], I felt it almost sounds like tigerlily and rhymed a bit so we went with [name]Liana[/name]. I’ve always liked my name and it’s not super common (less so when I was growing up), but I didn’t want to give it as a first name because I like kids to have their own name.

I’m thinking, if it goes, of giving this child, the mn [name]Gavin[/name], which is my husband’s first name. I actually don’t think that [name]Boden[/name] [name]Gavin[/name] would work, but I work on the first name first and then I bother wiht the mn. I really don’t think mn are too important so I don’t stress over it.

[name]Montague[/name], nn’d [name]Monty[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Tim[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]

Thanks [name]Shan[/name]! I’m happy the people on this thread are so supportive of Bowden, but I just noticed that in other past threads, Bowden or [name]Boden[/name] have not been well-received. Oh well, I got a lot of funny looks when we chose [name]Sadie[/name] and some like “[name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name]” with [name]Scarlett[/name]. Like I said, I have to wallk a really fine line, beucase if my husband gets a whiff that a name is my absolute favorite, he tends to fight it hardest. I think we wants to feel part of the naming process and if it’s my name, then he didn’t have anything to do with it. He won’t admit to this, but it’s my theory.

I think right now, he thinks my favorite is [name]Penn[/name], so that’s good. I just can’t push too hard for Bowden.

The [name]Paco[/name] thing is even funnier to see how determined she is. She’s on the phone telling her Dad, Name him [name]Paco[/name]! [name]How[/name] about [name]Paco[/name]? I think [name]Paco[/name] is good.

[name]Blade[/name],

Great points about [name]Buckley[/name]. I knew I didn’t like it! I’m make sure to bring up F-ley when it comes up again.

I don’t think that [name]Beck[/name] is getting to be too popular. I just feel like I have heard of [name]Beckett[/name] picking up. I think it’s an awesome name (one my bff chose it for her son so it’s off-limits even if not for [name]Scarlett[/name] rhyming), so I can see how it will get even more popular. I just worry that [name]Beck[/name] could be a nn for [name]Beckett[/name]. It’s sort like Maddigan never got to be so popular but it’s nn [name]Maddie[/name] was everywhere with the Madisons and [name]Madeline[/name]. Anyhow, it’ll stay on my list but that’s my concern.

Thanks for the meaning on [name]Nash[/name]. What I’m not sure that “by the [name]Ash[/name] tree” means a whole lot to me? I wish it meant strong warrier or something awesome liek that.

I think he came up with the -ley ending as an homage/compromise to my love of [name]Hadley[/name] in our last girl pregnancy (which he refused). I think he thinks that I would love and -ley ending. I actually am wary of trends such as the -ley ending, so I loved [name]Hadley[/name] “in spite” of the trend.

My nanny is baffled by [name]Paco[/name]! She came home from school saying the baby should be named [name]Paco[/name]! I don’t know…she mentioend that [name]Paco[/name] is the parrot on [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Miguel[/name]. Her classroom is all pirate themed and they have parrot figures with their names on it, who stay in green (for good behavior) or move to yellow or red for bad behavior. I wondering if that somehow triggered it in her mind. Who knows? At least we are moving onto known names, even if it is a parrot name!

Thanks I’m intrigued by [name]Axel[/name] and [name]Magnus[/name]. I’m concerned that [name]Axel[/name] is like rocker to me and [name]Magnus[/name] seems like it should be giant dog, like a Great [name]Dane[/name] or something. But I’ll still think about those and see how he feels.

Bowden (nn [name]Bo[/name] or Bodie)
[name]Beau[/name]/[name]Bo[/name] - Hubs like [name]Bo[/name] spelling.
[name]Nash[/name] -
[name]Bram[/name] -
[name]Beck[/name] -
[name]Casper[/name] -
[name]Cooper[/name]- Husband and [name]MIL[/name] choice
[name]Tate[/name] - Hubs fave.
[name]Winston[/name] (nn [name]Win[/name])

Okay, I’m back. Husband’s really feeling [name]Tate[/name] lately. I like that [name]Tate[/name] means joyful. What do you think, [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Tate[/name]? Not sure.

My [name]MIL[/name] suggested MANY names today and one of them DH is latching onto is [name]Cooper[/name]. He also likes [name]Trevor[/name], which I’m not feeling at all, so let’s ignore that one. I like [name]Cooper[/name], but I do have an aversion to naming kids after cars. I know [name]Cooper[/name] was a name long before the mini cooper. What do you think? [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Cooper[/name]?

I’m trying not to reveal my true love for [name]Boden[/name], but I feel slipping away from me. My DH says I should have been born in the South.

[name]Both[/name] [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Cooper[/name] fit well with his sisters, but [name]Cooper[/name] is a much trendier and more common name. I personally like the “laid-back patrician” vibe of [name]Tate[/name]. And am still a fan of Bowden. :slight_smile:

What would the nickname for [name]Cooper[/name] be? [name]Coop[/name]? As in a house for chickens? Also, when your son looks up his name, he’ll see it means “barrel-maker.”

Yes, I hear the [name]Coop[/name] thing, too. Whether it’s a formal nn or not, I know this child will be called [name]Coop[/name] at some point in this house. Husband is called Gavs routinely (fn [name]Gavin[/name]), [name]Sadie[/name] is called Sayds at times, and even poor [name]Scarlett[/name] is called Scar (shhh!) or Scarly at times. So I have no doubt that the [name]Coop[/name] which just come out. I actually thought Coupdetat, which is not necesarily the best connotation either. But just chicken coop is a good point. I will bring up barrel maker. So this will push DH back to [name]Tate[/name]. I just have to remain patient these next few months and silently push for my Bowden. What do you think of Bodie as the actual name/spelling? I know people don’t like the alternative spellings and normally I don’t ever, but I hear boding ill and I know [name]Bode[/name] would get butchered down here.

I really like [name]Tate[/name] with your girls’ names. [name]Tate[/name] is masculine and strong-sounding, in comparison with his feminine-named sisters. I think if you go with Bodie, I’d pick [name]Boden[/name]. What do you think about [name]Brody[/name], though? I think [name]Brody[/name] can stand on its own a a name better than Bodie (I like the [name]Bode[/name] [name]Miller[/name] spelling of [name]Bode[/name] better… Although, I can imagine it would be mispronounced frequently). honestly, I’d probably pronounce Bowden like bow-din. There is a famous football coach ([name]Bobby[/name] Bowden) and his name is pronounced bow-din, not [name]Bo[/name]-din.
[name]Cooper[/name]- I don’t think this name is very popular at all. Well, at least where I live it isn’t. I’ve only known one [name]Cooper[/name] and he’s in his 30s. So, I wouldn’t let the popularity of this one get in your way of using it.

I haven’t read through all of the posts on this feed, but here are some more suggestions:
[name]Will[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Camden[/name] nn [name]Cam[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] nn [name]Cam[/name]
[name]Jake[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Haskell[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Hale[/name]
[name]Judson[/name] nn [name]Judd[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name] nn [name]Bear[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Boone[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Scott[/name]
[name]Curtis[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]/ [name]Andrew[/name] nn [name]Drew[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name]

I’m sorry if any/many of these are repeats! Good luck!

I think Bowden, with it many nickname possibilities ([name]Bo[/name], [name]Bode[/name] (as in bodes ill), Bodie) is best as a formal name. Bodie is cute but doesn’t strike me as something that would age particularly well.

I do like [name]Brody[/name]/ [name]Brodie[/name] a lot, though-- I remember it was mentioned way early on. Did you have any thoughts about it?

I do like Bowden (and [name]Boden[/name], I don’t think non-name-fanatics would pick up on the “bodes ill” thing), but I think the pronunciation of the name changes according to where you go. I went to school with some kids whose last name was spelled this way and the bow was said like cow. I know someone else said this earlier, but BOWden doesn’t sound nearly as cool as [name]Boden[/name], you know?

My boyfriend’s best friend goes by his last name, which is [name]Bowen[/name] ([name]Bo[/name]-En, of course) and I always goof off and call him [name]Bowie[/name] (haha). Maybe you’d like [name]Bowen[/name]? I thinks it’s cool.

I do really love [name]Tate[/name] with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Sadie[/name] though :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tate[/name], but I can’t use it.