Zane Carter???

So my wife and I are still tossing around boys’ names. We have been thinking [name]Silas[/name] [name]James[/name], but are now thinking perhaps [name]Zane[/name] [name]Carter[/name]. We were just randomly looking in a name book, and thought [name]Zane[/name] sounded interesting. We’re torn. Is [name]Zane[/name] a little too unusual? Which do you like more? What do you think?? Let me know.

For all in the mid-atlantic, hope you’re enjoying the snow!

I know a couple Zanes, so I would not consider it too unusual. One thing I would consider is, what is the feel you want his name to have? To me, [name]Silas[/name] [name]James[/name] is more timeless & [name]Zane[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is more modern. Whatever style you embrace with this child you will have to consider on the next. [name]Both[/name] are solid choices! You are good either way!

[name]Zane[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is very nice! As the pp pointed out [name]Silas[/name] [name]James[/name] is more classic and [name]Zane[/name] [name]Carter[/name] is more modern. [name]Zane[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] are among the nicer modern names.

I like [name]Zane[/name] [name]Carter[/name] so that would be my choice.

[name]James[/name] is right on the top of my list but I think that [name]Zane[/name] [name]Carter[/name] has a really good feel to it.

[name]Zane[/name] is actually more popular than [name]Silas[/name] ([name]Zane[/name] is #235 and [name]Silas[/name] is #313), so it doesn’t feel unusual to me.

If you’re looking for something modern, I’d go with [name]Zane[/name], and if you’re looking for something that’s classic and timeless, I’d go with [name]Silas[/name] [name]James[/name].

Whichever you choose, good luck! :slight_smile:

I did notice that [name]Zane[/name] is actually more popular than [name]Silas[/name], but mentally that seems odd. My wife and I agree that [name]Silas[/name] does have a more classic feel while [name]Zane[/name] seems more modern, although we’re not sure which we want. Decisions, decisions! We are hesitant to ask family or friends for their input because we want to pick a name and just go with it.

Thanks for the comments - keep 'em coming!

I prefer [name]Silas[/name] [name]James[/name] :slight_smile: what about [name]Silas[/name] [name]Zane[/name]?

[name]Both[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] are family names, and we want to keep the middle name a family name. Thanks for the suggestion though.