Zara? Eve? Any other suggestions?

Not sure if we are having a boy or girl yet, but we (mainly me) are struggling with girls names. This will be our second child, we have a son called [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

There are so many boys names I love, but barely any girls names I like enough to use. So far our top name is [name_f]Zara[/name_f], and we both quite like [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], but my husband is not a fan. Other names that are on our list but I feel a bit unsure about:

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] (Husband loves this one)

Rosalie/Rosie

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]

We are after opinions on our current list or any other name suggestions!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f], Rosalie/Rosie, [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], & [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]! And [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a wonderful name. When I try saying “Oliver & Eve”, “Oliver & Rosie”, or “Oliver & Vivienne”, I find that I do need to slow down and enunciate because the similar sounds make me stumble. That may not be an issue for you, but I wanted to mention it.

Other ideas:

[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Aubrie[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Bel[/name_f]
Brooklyn/Brook
[name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]
[name_m]Joley[/name_m]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Landrie[/name_f]
Laurien
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
Linden/Lindy
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_u]Rose[/name_u]
Susannah/Zuzu
[name_f]Zoë[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Zara[/name_f]! I think it sounds lovely with [name_f]Eve[/name_f] as the middle.
[name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]Lush[/name_f]!

Thoughts on your current list:

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] is sharp, concise, and elegant but a little princess-y and fashionable.

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is sleek, pretty, and strong too.

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] is bold and bright, but grounded too.

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is sweet, frilly and sassy too. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is cute and warm

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is sharp and elegant

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is bubbly, bright and fresh

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is warm, contemporary and stylish

Some other suggestions:

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

I love love love [name_f]Eve[/name_f] , its so classic, and feminine and elegant so i don’t think you can go far wrong with it , especially if you have a great middle name to go with it:

So this is a list of middles to go with [name_f]Eve[/name_f]

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] Nataline
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_u]Lindsey[/name_u]

Congrats on the addition to your family! :yellow_heart:

Oliver Jude looks great with both Zara and Eve, which are both beautiful options. As for feedback on your current list, I feel like Eve, Zara, and Oliver Jude have this nice cohesive vibe, and even Athena, Rosalie/Rosie, Vivienne, and Sienna fit into that elegant and timeless mix. Bonnie has a vintage flair and it’s a nice option however I don’t see it fitting in very well with any of the other names.

Here are some other suggestions:

Aria
Mila
Scarlett
Tessa
Elara
Isla
Layla
Kaia
Serena
Maeve

Oh, I adore [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f]! They do feel a bit different for me, from [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], but they still go well! I like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] from the names you’ve mentioned as well.

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister has an [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] so I went straight to the names she most considered before finding out her second was a boy… [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! I happen to really like all three with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] but I don’t know if they’re your style.

A few other ideas:

Margot/Marguerite
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
Adele/Adeline/Adela
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Katharine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
Simona/Simone
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]

Good luck!

[name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] sound nice.

Other ideas:

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] / [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alcina[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] / [name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Violette[/name_f]
[name_f]Luisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Bluma[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] are definitely my two faves from your list (and [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] a close third)! How lovely they are, and so good with brother [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], too. [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is so zippy and cool, but familiar. I think it’s a really warm name. 11/10 lovely pick!

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is such a gorgeous choice! love his name.

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] is beautiful it feels classic but has a modern spark and totally works on all ages!

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is so pretty! i like how both [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] share the ‘V’ letter so it brings them together nicely xx

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] is really lovely, i do think she’s a little more ‘trendy’ than your other choices which isn’t a bad thing you just might hear it around a little more.

I’m not a massive fan of [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] personally I prefer just [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] or [name_u]Rose[/name_u]!

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] isn’t my favourite either but she is pretty and definitely works well with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m].

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is gorgeous. She is happy and bright but still suits all ages!!

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is very sweet, again she feels a little more ‘trendy’ to me than some of your other choices but I do love her x

I really like [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] would give you [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] as a nickname.

I can imagine….
Oliv3r Jud3 and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is my favourite from your list by a mile. I love its pleasing palindrome simplicity, the fact everyone knows it yet it’s not common, easy to say and spell, sweet on a little one but elegant on a lady, and suits all ages.

[name_f]Zara[/name_f] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f] are also lovely.

I really like [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], and [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] from your list. I think [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is a pretty combo with [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] (which I adore by the way)

Other suggestions (sorry for repeats)

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Hestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] / [name_u]Georgie[/name_u]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f] (may be too [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] Twist)
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

I really love [name_f]Eve[/name_f]! And [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is also a beautiful choice.

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]