Zara Pearl. Too short with our last name?

Thank you to everyone who helped me narrow down my list to [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] this name, but after thinking about it over the past couple days, have been wondering if it is too short with our last name, which is 4 letters and sounds like “kick”. Would a longer name balance our last name better?

Some names that I love:

[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] (my favorite right now!)
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Vianne[/name]
I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], but DH HATES it. Hasn’t budged his stance since I got pregnant with our first! :frowning:

Other suggestions would be welcome! Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] there. :slight_smile: With [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Kick, I think that the short [name]Pearl[/name] is the problem, because with [name]Pearl[/name] Kick, you’ve got two short names in a row. I think a longer middle name with [name]Zara[/name] (or any first name) would sound great!

Your little boy is [name]Finley[/name], correct?

[name]Amelie[/name]: With [name]Finley[/name], I’d personally avoid another first name ending in a -lee sound. I do love [name]Amelie[/name], though!

[name]Clementine[/name] (my favorite right now!): I think that [name]Clementine[/name] is a fantastic name, and I love the [name]Emme[/name] and [name]Cleo[/name] nicknames, too. I love alliteration, so I’m a huge fan of [name]Clementine[/name] Kick. :slight_smile:

[name]Anastasia[/name]: I really love this name, but I have a hard time seeing [name]Finley[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name] as siblings.

[name]Cosette[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Vianne[/name]: I’m not familiar with this name, but I do love [name]Vivienne[/name]!

From your list, I really, really love [name]Clementine[/name] with [name]Finley[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Amelia[/name] (Close to [name]Amelie[/name], but to me, closer to [name]Finley[/name])
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] (not the best with Kick)
[name]Matilda[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Zara[/name] Kick is fine but [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Kick could use a little more length in the middle to vary it up a bit. [name]Zara[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] Kick?

I like [name]Zara[/name] “Kick” and [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] “Kick”.

I know that some people feel syllabic adjustments need to be made or sound better, but I like to hear people’s names of all different lengths. [name]Bartholomew[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] Westenheimer sounds like a really great name, [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Kick sounds like a really great name. I think it flows just fine, unless your last name starts with an L or an R.

The middle name is not usually said out loud, but I think it sounds fine there, if [name]Pearl[/name] is the name you like best, or is a family member or has some other significance. I would not need to change it if it is lovely to you. If you change it, it should be because you like another name better. It may sound better, it may just sound longer and fit people’s preferences for rhythm. I think it has a nice individual rhythm the way it is. [name]Zara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] (random free-association) Kick sounds good too. I don’t think there’s a right way and a wrong way to arrange syllables that sound “better.” Maybe there is a wrong way, but 2-1-1 sounds ok to me. And your 2-1 (fn/ln) sounds good, so the middle name doesn’t have to be any certain length to be “good.”

This is not just an issue of me saying middle names don’t matter that much in the scheme of things. I think it definitely sounds great and also kind of zippy, but your last name isn’t kick. If it was [name]Smith[/name], [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Smith[/name], sounds ok. [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Green[/name]. [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Fung. They all sound pretty good, and unique to the ear because they deviate from some favorable rhythm, like 2-3-1. A 1-1-1 might be a little abrupt but I would have to hear the names together.

I love [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], I think that is so beautiful. Sorry I missed the other thread for you choosing it.

I love [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I agree that a short middle name is the problem with the last name.

Thank you for the opinions and suggestions! You have all said exactly what I have been thinking - at some points I love [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] together, and sometimes I think it sounds funny with our last name.

[name]Clementine[/name] is certainly growing on me, too, though. Luckily I have some time before this baby comes, so I will keep thinking about it!

Any other suggestions are welcome! Neither [name]Zara[/name] nor [name]Clementine[/name] were on my list a couple weeks ago, and I love them both so much!

I absolutely adore [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and see nothing wrong whatsoever with [name]Zara[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Kick.
It’s gorgeous - go for it!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Zara[/name]. [name]Zara[/name] Amelei sounds just beautiful to me.

Have you thought of [name]Aviel[/name] (pronounced [name]Ah[/name]-VEE-ehl) for a middle name? [name]Zara[/name] [name]Aviel[/name] sounds cool. I think having a 3-syllable name balances things out.