Zephaniah as baby brother to Micah and Asher?

Thoughts?

We have an [name]Asher[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] and a [name]Micah[/name] [name]Joel[/name]. We’re expecting our third boy and looking for a cool, unusual, but not too hard to say Hebrew name. Meaning is important to us as well.

I like [name]Zephaniah[/name] [name]Issac[/name] - we’d probably call him Zeph or Zephan.

Well…[name]Micah[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] are 5 letter, two syllable names. Not that the other name has to be a 5 letter, two syllable name, but maybe not as long as [name]Zephaniah[/name]. Here are some other names you might consider:

[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Moses[/name]
[name]Amzi[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

Continuing on the five letter, two syllable Biblical theme, how about [name]Silas[/name]? [name]Simon[/name]? [name]Moses[/name]? [name]Caleb[/name]? [name]Ethan[/name]? [name]Elias[/name] is nice but it’s three syllables. I’m intrigued by [name]Zephaniah[/name] but the spelling and pronunciation problems are sure to be as weighty as the name.

I love [name]Zephaniah[/name]… but for syllable’s sake, I’d say [name]Silas[/name]. It’s unusual and fits with [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]. [name]Asher[/name] is a great choice with ash names being so popular. [name]Micah[/name] is great, too, with the -ah ending being a little unusual for boys’ names.

Oooh, I like [name]Silas[/name]! Much easier for a little kid to say.

[name]Silas[/name] is the name of the psycho albino monk in The Davini Code, so its out for me.

I just went to the Hebrew list of names and like the following:

I like [name]Adriel[/name], [name]Aron[/name], [name]Barack[/name] (yeah, I know he is your new President, but I like it anyway!) [name]Emmanuel[/name], Giddeon, [name]Joachim[/name], [name]Judah[/name], [name]Simeon[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name]

Have you thought about [name]Ezra[/name]? I think I like [name]Silas[/name] best of the ones listed so far. A little sidenote; I know a family with three boys named [name]Asher[/name], [name]Micah[/name], and [name]Alex[/name]. [name]Alex[/name] ( the name) just never seemed quite right to me with the others.

[name]Micah[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] are superb together. [name]Zephaniah[/name] seems out of place and doesn’t necessarily fit in with your other children. I think [name]Silas[/name] would work great with them, or [name]Simon[/name]!

What about naming him just Zephan? His nickname could still be Zeph and it seems to go better with shorter names like [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Asher[/name].