Zoe vs. Zoey

Which spelling do you prefer? S/O seems to favour [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], while I favour [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. I see [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] more often at work (I work in education so I see a lot of kids!), but otherwise, I don’t have much of an idea as to what’s better/easier to use, etc.

• Zoe
  • Zoey

0 voters

Thank you!

1 Like

Zoe looks clean and cuter imo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Zoe feels more elegant and grown up to me, while [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] feels sweeter and spunkier but also more childish. I like both spellings, but I picture two totally different personalities.

1 Like

That’s how S/O feels as well. I honestly think the only reason I prefer [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] is because it seems more popular, which isn’t much of a reason :sweat_smile:

I prefer transitional spellings and prefer [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] over [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]. Which sometimes looks to me like Zoo-ey

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] myself. To me they have two different vibes. [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is traditional and European while [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] is modern and [name_u]North[/name_u] American.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] and I would intuitvely spell it that way. It just seems tidier to me

Gotta say that [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] looks like toe to me. :joy: The [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] spelling makes more sense with the pronunciation for me.

I don’t really have a preference but I voted for [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] because if you asked me to write the name that’s how I’d spell it intuitively. That’s not to say [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] is wrong at all, but [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] feels more like the common/expected spelling.

ETA: I’m British so that probably affects my view on it. Looking at the rankings, [name_f]Zoey[/name_f] is slightly more popular in the US, but [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is massively more popular in the UK.