Zora and Danica

I don’t know where to put it, so I decided this forum.

[name]Zora[/name] in slavic doesn’t mean “a bargain”. In slavic it means “dawn”. I don’t know for arabic, but I my mother tongue is Croatian so I know better than preson who write it.

[name]Danica[/name] is another word in slavic meaning morning star. I don’t know for norse, but I guess it is mistake again.

And [name]Danica[/name] is pn [dah-nee-cah], c is pn like ts in lets, not [dah-nee-kah]

Well, you posted it so someone should see it. In the UK where I am, [name]Danica[/name] is pronounced [name]DAN[/name]-i-ka. I have never heard dah-NEE-ka before.
In Croatia it is dah-NEE-tsah as you have pointed out. And yes, it does mean morning star/[name]Venus[/name].

As for [name]Zora[/name], you are correct about that too. [name]Zahrah[/name] or [name]Zahra[/name] is the closest Arabic name to [name]Zora[/name] I know, and it doesn’t mean “a bargain”.

So I would second a request for the names [name]Zora[/name] and [name]Danica[/name] to be revised. :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] could I do that?

Try posting in this forum instead: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

That forum regards the technical side of the site, including the information about names.

While I understand the real pronunciation of [name]Danica[/name], [name]Danica[/name] has become common enough in the UK and the States where it has ended being pronounced the English way.