10 more days!

Hey everyone. I had an appointment today and the twins will be here by Halloween says the doctor one way or another!!

So I am really down to the wire on names. My husband likes all of the names suggested, I think that there is only one that he isnt crazy about, but he said that he would be fine with whatever I choose as long as it wasnt something super popular/trendy or “dumb”.

Names on the list:

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] ____
[name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] ____ need a middle name. This probably is my favorite name right now, but I am just not 100% sure if I can use it.
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Roselyn[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name] (or [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Rose[/name], but I have a [name]Dorothy[/name]. Is it too [name]Golden[/name] girls, or will people even think of that?)

My husband and I had decided on [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. I started thinking, maybe I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] better earlier this week. I love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] too and think that they go together to create a nice feel, but I am just hating leaving two of my favorite names on the table - [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]LAvender[/name], knowing that these will be my last two children.

For what its worth, [name]Henry[/name] likes [name]Charlotte[/name] a lot, bc its a very familiar (city) name to him, and [name]Dottie[/name] has started talking about her sister [name]Mattie[/name] ([name]Matilda[/name]) cause she likes the movie/book.

Hmm… this is tough b/c these are all great names.

I think [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is lovely. I don’t know if you have a nn in mind for [name]Lavender[/name], but if you didn’t you could use ‘[name]Ellie[/name]’ from [name]Eloise[/name].

If you go with [name]Charlotte[/name], I prefer it as a mn, since it is less distinctive to me than your other choices.

I also love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name].

[name]Rosalind[/name], I don’t love so much. Much prefer [name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosamunde[/name] (a fairy tale name)

I really like your original choices or these other options:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
and twins, [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

[name]How[/name] is [name]Henry[/name] doing? It’s great that he’s sharing in the name discussion. He must be feeling at least a little more comfortable … has he started addressing you directly at all, or is he still pretty quiet?

Take care!

I’m sure you’re so excited! OK down to business:

I think I remember that [name]Dorothy[/name]'s middle is [name]Violet[/name]. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

[name]Ruby[/name] - I’m not a fan of this name personally, but it doesn’t fit with [name]Dorothy[/name] or the style of the other names you like, imo. Also, I tend to think of [name]Dorothy[/name] and her ruby slippers from [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name]. So I would not use this.
[name]Matilda[/name] ____ - I love [name]Matilda[/name] and it seems like it’s been on your list since the beginning, so I’d stick with it. Also, [name]Dot[/name] seems attached :slight_smile:
[name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Anneliese[/name] - I like this one quite a lot. I’m not sure if it’ll make my final suggestions but it is a beautiful name
[name]Lavender[/name] ____ need a middle name. This probably is my favorite name right now, but I am just not 100% sure if I can use it. - I like [name]Lavendar[/name] a lot but I wouldn’t be brave enough to use it as a first name myself. Definitely a middle though
[name]Adelaide[/name] - I like [name]Adelaide[/name] a lot for you
[name]Eloise[/name] - one of my very favorite names
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I like [name]Charlotte[/name] but it is a little more ordinary than some of your other choices. Not sure if this bothers you.
[name]Roselyn[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name] (or [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Rose[/name], but I have a [name]Dorothy[/name]. Is it too [name]Golden[/name] girls, or will people even think of that?) - I do think it’s too [name]Golden[/name] girls to use just [name]Rose[/name]. A [name]Rose[/name] variation like [name]Rosalind[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name] would be better imo but you’d probably use [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosie[/name] as nn so you’d have to decide if it was too much golden girls for you.

So, my choices (this is tough with so many wonderful options!):
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] - similar to [name]Adelaide[/name] but I think softer without all the d’s
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavendar[/name] - I love the playfulness of [name]Lavendar[/name], but you need to decide if one child can have middle of [name]Violet[/name] and the other [name]Lavendar[/name], leaving one out. (Or I guess you could use a shade of purple for all 3 - I like that idea but it may be too cutesy for real life. [name]Plum[/name], [name]Lilac[/name] etc).
or [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] - if [name]Lavendar[/name] is too much

One other thought, [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] have very similar sounds, so if you end up using one of these names, I wouldn’t use the other one. They are just too similar!

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] are my favorite combos! Good luck!

I wouldn’t use both [name]Lavendar[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] as first names because of the color theme.

But if you were to consider using [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lavendar[/name] as middles, let me suggest more for the third: [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Orchid[/name], [name]Plum[/name], [name]Amethyst[/name] or Aubergine. I like [name]Lilac[/name] and [name]Orchid[/name] the best because they’re also flowers like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lavendar[/name].

Honestly I say use the names you love the most especially if your hubby is on board. I think your love of a name should trump how well it fits with other siblings.

I like these combos the best.
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

Personally I’d probably use [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] in the middle because they’ve become special to your daughter and husband. Are there any other flower names you like that might fit with [name]Annelise[/name]?

OH, can you please use plum as a middle name!? I absolutely adore it. =)

What about [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Plum[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] Lavander?

I think [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] go perfectly with [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]!

Best of luck to you. :wink:

I can come on board with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] but I feel that [name]Lavender[/name] is more like a G.P. (grand passion, something you love but would never use). [name]Annelise[/name] is a beautiful name but I love your original combos more and they seem to be more you too.

Could your twins be given special dolls named [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] by you and your husband to mark their births? (Better still from [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]!) I hope you don’t mind this suggestion, I just felt it may be a way of incorporating all of your likes.

I like [name]Eloise[/name] in the middle because it kind of replicates the [name]Louis[/name] in [name]Henry[/name]'s name.

Hey dots mom!

I agree with other posters about using either [name]Annelise[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name] but not both because they sound VERY similar. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name]. Really I think all these names fit with [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dot[/name] but personally like your other names more than charloette only cuz it feels too common compared to ur other choices.
[name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] work well as a sis set and i like how they r similar length, BUT if you will call [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Anna[/name]/anne and [name]Lavender[/name] no nick name then it doesnt work so well. Would you use Lav as a nn? Also a flower theme should be attached to [name]Annelise[/name] what about [name]Annelise[/name] poppy, [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lila[/name] (leela) thats lilac in spanish or [name]Lilas[/name] silent s in french. You are SO lucky that your hubby is allowing you to name the babies anything! Go with what you love

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]

Another thought have you considered [name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Rose[/name] as a name?

[name]Hi[/name] there! Ten more days? Wow! This is so exciting! :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] (although I think they’re both characters in [name]Matilda[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] (With [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name], I think of [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s daughter)

[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (not the best)
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

[name]Roselyn[/name] (I think that [name]Roselyn[/name]/[name]Rosaline[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] isn’t too [name]Golden[/name] Girls. I do think of [name]Golden[/name] Girls with [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name], though, but I love that show. Then again, with three other children in the mix, [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] don’t exactly seem like a pair.) :slight_smile:

[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I suggested some names that aren’t on your list, so just ignore them if you’re sticking to the names here. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] your list! :slight_smile:

Have a great night!

P.S. I apologize for repeats! :slight_smile:

Names on the list:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] ____ [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Anneliese[/name] - [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] ____ need a middle name. This probably is my favorite name right now, but I am just not 100% sure if I can use it.
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] - [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Roselyn[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name] (or [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Rose[/name], but I have a [name]Dorothy[/name]. Is it too [name]Golden[/name] girls, or will people even think of that?) - I wouldn’t. [name]Roselyn[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Rose[/name] [name]Carlotta[/name]

My husband and I had decided on [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. I started thinking, maybe I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] better earlier this week. I love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] too and think that they go together to create a nice feel, but I am just hating leaving two of my favorite names on the table - [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]LAvender[/name], knowing that these will be my last two children.

Hmm… this is tough b/c these are all great names.

I think [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is lovely. I don’t know if you have a nn in mind for [name]Lavender[/name], but if you didn’t you could use ‘[name]Ellie[/name]’ from [name]Eloise[/name].

If you go with [name]Charlotte[/name], I prefer it as a mn, since it is less distinctive to me than your other choices.

I also love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name].

[name]Rosalind[/name], I don’t love so much. Much prefer [name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosamunde[/name] (a fairy tale name)

I really like your original choices or these other options:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
and twins, [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

[name]How[/name] is [name]Henry[/name] doing? It’s great that he’s sharing in the name discussion. He must be feeling at least a little more comfortable … has he started addressing you directly at all, or is he still pretty quiet?

Take care![/quote]

Sorry everyone, I completely fell asleep almost immediately after asking my question! I can barely stay awake for anything these days!

I had not thought about the combination of [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] before! I really like it! The only combination that I had for [name]Lavender[/name] was [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but I hate using [name]Grace[/name] as a middle filler name. What about [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]? Is that too much?

I do not actually have a nn for [name]Lavender[/name]. Thats one of my hold ups on it. Lav, [name]Ava[/name], Aven, [name]Eve[/name], [name]Enna[/name]. Surprisingly, my mother and sister are really pulling for [name]Lavender[/name] as a name. When I start having my doubts about it, they start painting a picture for me of another little [name]Dottie[/name] wearing petticoat dresses.

[name]Charlotte[/name] has been a favorite of mine for years too. My husband, [name]MIL[/name], and [name]Henry[/name] all like the name too, because there is a place that has special meaning to them. I am not crazy about its crazy soar to popularity, but might be able to overlook that.

[name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Anneliese[/name] has become a name that my husband has mentioned him really liking these days. My mother, [name]MIL[/name] and husband like it and if she were to go by [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Annie[/name] (with our last name), it would honor a great lady who had passed away that the ENTIRE family respects.

I think that if we use [name]Matilda[/name], it will be with [name]Adelaide[/name], because I really like the “total package” of it. I know I said that I really like the names [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Iris[/name] in there as names, but I think that I would be ok with letting go of them in lieu of some of our other choices that everyone is making a case for.

[name]Rosalind[/name], I can let go of, too, because I have too many other top names that I think we are all prefering.

From what I can tell, [name]Henry[/name] is doing well. He is still a little shy towards me. I have been pretty busy with all the new changes and find myself spending most of the day just trying to catch up or keep up! While the twins are still doing very well, my doctor feels that we may all do better with them “out”, plus its about that time anyways. I knew I would probably not take them all the way to their singleton due date.

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] have been doing wonderfully together! He is definitely not shy with her, but then she has made sure that he can’t be! She follows him everywhere and wants him to play, play, play with her! I wonder how long it will take her to become his “annoying little sister”. lol. But through [name]Dottie[/name], I think [name]Henry[/name] is able to get a little closer to me. He seems to be doing well with my husband when he is here, but they do and talk “boy things”. Last night I was sitting down and [name]Dottie[/name] came up and cuddled with me and [name]Henry[/name] came to sit next to [name]Dottie[/name]. I am hoping that he will become comfortable enough to come to me too on his own someday, but right now, he is not so sure. :-(. I don’t really want to force it though. but yes, he is still a little shy with me.

What has been probably one of the most difficult changes is the additional dogs. Goodness. There is a HUGE difference between having 2 dogs and 4 dogs. Its absolutely driving me crazy. My dogs were fairly good before, and I am sure that his dogs are good alone, but together, its ridiculous! They are family, so we will not be getting rid of any of them, but man.

My grandmothers name was [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Willamina[/name] I always loved how it flows…love all your names good luck to you!

Correct. [name]Dorothy[/name]'s middle name is [name]Violet[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Ruby[/name]. Its on the shelf now along with [name]Rose[/name]. They are cute and sweet names, but too themey with [name]Dorothy[/name]. I had originally brought [name]Ruby[/name] into the mix bc of another family member, but looks like [name]Dorothy[/name] got there first!

[name]Matilda[/name]. Yes. [name]Dot[/name] is attached to it! She likes the song, too. But with her personality, I am pretty sure she would be able to adjust to another name. She has suggested [name]Pinky[/name] as a name too. soooo…

You make a good point about whether I can have a [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] and not another flower/color name. [name]Rosemary[/name] is a great suggestion and I think was on my list at one point too.

Very good point. I have liked [name]Annelise[/name] for awhile now, and it is probably why I like the sound of [name]Eloise[/name] now. [name]Annelise[/name] has a sweetness to it that I like and [name]Eloise[/name] has an exotic sophistication to me.

Very cute [name]Jemma[/name]. Thanks!

I agree that I probably would have to use a 3rd color/flower name if I do go with [name]Lavender[/name]. [name]Lilac[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] would be my choice as number 3 name. [name]Orchid[/name] to me sounds too close to a vacuum/exterminator and [name]Plum[/name], I think of as a “fat name” Plump. Sorry, guys, I know its a favorite to many, but its not for me. :frowning:
[name]Amethyst[/name], maybe. I prefer [name]Amaryllis[/name] actually. [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Amaryllis[/name], but then I am getting too themey. I think that I can get away with having one color/flower with [name]Violet[/name], it can just be a vintage name, but once I add another in there, it starts a theme. Argh.

[name]Hi[/name] dotsmom did you know that lav is a slang term for lavatory (toilet)?

I would steer well clear of that nn for [name]Lavender[/name]. If you like [name]Lavinia[/name] you could use [name]Vin[/name] which I feel is a great nn.

Thank you [name]Lisa[/name]. There were a few names that my husband vetoed, but they have been out of the running for so long that I couldn’t even tell you what they were.

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] sounds nice. So does [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annelise[/name].

My husband likes [name]Matilda[/name] too, bc he likes [name]Mattie[/name], which I think he is associating with [name]Matthew[/name], which was number 4 on our boy list.

hmmm… flower names that I like with [name]Annelise[/name]. [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]. I like [name]Amaryllis[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] as my old lady vintage flower names, because they could be [name]Mary[/name], [name]Rilla[/name], Ryllis, [name]Amy[/name], [name]Nola[/name] or [name]Maggie[/name]. But, not sure it goes with [name]Annelise[/name].