20 Questions!

Let’s get to know each other better!

[name]Answer[/name] these 20 random questions, some about names/naming styles and choices, and others which barely xonnect to naming/names. [name]Hope[/name] everyone enjoys, this game might help when trying to help another member come up with a name!!

20 QUESTIONS:

1. What are your kid’s names? (If you don’t have kids, don’t answer this one)
  2. What do you consider your naming style?
  3. What are your top 4 girl’s names and what are your top 4 boy’s names?
  4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? (You choose the gender, first & middle names)
  5. [name]Do[/name] you like popular names?
  6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy’s are your favorites?
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like your parent’s names? Why or why not?
  8. What are your parent’s names? (First & middle)
  9. Out of all your friends who have children, who’s kid’s names are your favorite?
  10. Where were you born?
  11. [name]Do[/name] you like place names?
  12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose?
  13. [name]How[/name] many siblings did you have and what were there names?
  14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn’t like the name?
  15. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Kaitlyn[/name] spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K?
  16. [name]How[/name] many people do you know with the name [name]Lily[/name]?
  17. Who is your favorite singer?
  18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer?
  19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site?
  20. [name]How[/name] did you discover nameberry?

My answers:

1. [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Chase[/name] [name]Beck[/name] [name]Eli[/name]
  2. Um, not sure. My naming style is a bit all over the place!
  3. Look at my signature!
  4. For a girl, [name]Lauryn[/name] [name]Anabel[/name], for a boy, [name]Niall[/name] [name]Henry[/name] :slight_smile:
  5. It depends!
  6. I live in [name]Canada[/name], so this is going by Canadian names: [name]Noah[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Max[/name] & [name]Evan[/name]
  7. Yes, my parent’s names are ok. Not exactly what I would name my kids, my style is a bit different.
  8. [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Paul[/name] [name]Art[/name] & [name]Peggy[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
  9. I really like my former teacher’s daughter’s name, [name]Yara[/name]!
  10. [name]Canada[/name]
  11. Not usually, but some of them are ok. It depends on the name, and gender.
  12. [name]Cairo[/name], for a girl.
  13. No siblings!
  14. No, I wouldn’t directly use the name if I didn’t like it. If my mother’s name was [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I wanted to name my child after her, but I didn’t like her name I would use another name with the same meaning or similar sound, or a variation of the name.
  15. No, I like it with a K.
  16. None, actually!
  17. I like a variety of music, and at 19 I love [name]One[/name] Direction!
  18. Maybe. I would have to really like the singer/there music, and they would have to be a good role model.
  19. YES!!! :slight_smile:
  20. I heard about it through other naming websites.

1. Not sure, it’s all over the place.
  2. See my signature for top girls names. My top boy names might have to be: [name]Fabian[/name], [name]Everest[/name], [name]Lucien[/name] and [name]Felix[/name].
  3. [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
  4. Depends on the name
  5. I’m from the UK but I prefer the US top 100 so I’m working with that: [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Angel[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Grayson[/name]. I don’t like any more of them enough to fill this list. Maybe [name]Dominic[/name] or [name]Xavier[/name].
  6. I like both their names, they are both rare and have history.
  7. They are both rare names so I’m not saying.

8. At home.
  9. Yes!
  10. For a boy, I like [name]Cairo[/name]. For a girl, I like [name]Adah[/name].
  11. Not saying.
  12. I’d look for a variant I liked of the name.
  13. [name]Caitlin[/name].
  14. No adults but loads of babies called [name]Lily[/name]. Can’t keep up with them.
  15. I like a variety of music, and at 15 I love Pendulum!
  16. Agree with OP’s answer.
  17. I think so.
  18. [name]Don[/name]'t remember.
  1. Not really sure, I’m all over the place from the simple [name]Alice[/name] to the unique [name]Euphemia[/name].
  2. Girls: [name]Luna[/name], [name]Euphemia[/name] ([name]Euphie[/name]), [name]Flora[/name], [name]Rose[/name]
    Boys: [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Severus[/name], [name]Bryce[/name]
  3. Girl: [name]Luna[/name] (chinese middle name still in progress)
  4. I have a tendency to like less popular ones
  5. [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], [name]Landon[/name], [name]Johnathon[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]Ian[/name], [name]Chase[/name], [name]Blake[/name]
  6. I don’t like them because they seem to blah for my tastes
  7. [name]Randall[/name] [name]Ken[/name], [name]Clare[/name] Juo Lan
  8. [name]Nina[/name]
  9. [name]Missouri[/name]
  10. No
  11. I wouldn’t choose a place name
  12. [name]One[/name] sister: [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
  13. no
  14. I prefer the K
  15. None
  16. [name]Taylor[/name] Swift
  17. No
  18. Yes
  19. Through pinterest, a friend pinned the site

20 QUESTIONS:

1. No kids yet
  2. Funky clunky, quirky Biblical, old-fashioned, classic… somewhere along those lines
  3. Right now… [name]Helena[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Annie[/name], and [name]Martha[/name] for girls and [name]George[/name], [name]Zebedee[/name], [name]Ezra[/name], and [name]Jotham[/name] for boys
  4. [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Hamilton[/name]
  5. Some of them
  6. [name]Joshua[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name]
  7. They both sound dated to me, lol
  8. [name]Don[/name]'t want to say
  9. I only have two friends who’ve had babies. [name]One[/name] is [name]Dante[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], the other is [name]Matthew[/name] [name]James[/name]. I’m neutral on both.
  10. [name]AL[/name]
  11. If they have significance to the parents.
  12. [name]Pike[/name] for a boy, [name]Carolina[/name] for a girl
  13. 1 sister named [name]Sarah[/name]
  14. Yes
  15. [name]Caitlin[/name]
  16. 4 or 5, but I hear the name [name]Lily[/name] all the time
  17. Depends on the genre
  18. No
  19. It’s the one I visit most often
  20. I googled “old lady names” after being told on Y!A that my favorite names sounded like the patient list of a nursing home

20 QUESTIONS:

1. No kids yet!
  2. Mostly vintage/classic, with a few quirky favourites mixed in.
  3. This is hard! GIRLS: [name]Vera[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Calla[/name], [name]Cecelia[/name], (and I can’t resist a 5th!) [name]Norah[/name]…and BOYS: [name]Declan[/name], [name]Edwin[/name], [name]Callum[/name] and [name]Adrian[/name].
  4. GIRL: [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Elise[/name] or [name]Vera[/name] [name]Adalaide[/name] BOY: [name]Declan[/name] [name]Robert[/name]
  5. Not usually, but often, my favourites BECOME popular and then I have to find new favourites!
  6. [name]James[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Declan[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Caleb[/name]
  7. I prefer my parents’ middle names to their first names, but I like that their first names aren’t super typical either.
  8. [name]Elaine[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name] and [name]Keith[/name] [name]James[/name]
  9. [name]Camille[/name]
  10. Southern [name]Ontario[/name] ([name]Canada[/name])
  11. Rarely
  12. Well, I love [name]Adelaide[/name].
  13. 1…[name]Timothy[/name] [name]Colin[/name]
  14. Only in the middle spot. All the middle names I consider are from or related to in some way people I want to honour.
  15. This is the only spelling I like: [name]Caitlin[/name]
  16. None! But I had a great-aunt named [name]Lily[/name], she died as an infant.
  17. Too many to list.
  18. Never.
  19. Yes.
  20. Searching for a name meaning.

1. Retro vintage I would say. I like names from the 20’s-60’s
  2. Girls: [name]Grace[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Everly[/name], [name]Elia[/name] Boys: [name]Sam[/name], [name]Ira[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Keaton[/name]
  3. [name]Grace[/name] [name]Marlene[/name] (like [name]Dietrich[/name]) nn [name]Gracie[/name]
  4. No
  5. [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Bentley[/name], [name]Grayson[/name] (kinda), [name]Mason[/name]. I don’t really like any of the others on the list.
  6. I like my mom’s but my dad’s name is rather boring to me
  7. [name]Debbie[/name] [name]Dianne[/name] and [name]Cliff[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
  8. [name]Laila[/name]
  9. US Midwest
  10. [name]Love[/name] them!
  11. [name]Dallas[/name] or [name]Tulsa[/name]
  12. 3 sibs. I’ll just put initials. LN, AF, and AR
  13. Nope. I’d like for my kids to be individuals with their own unique name meaning
  14. It’s looks better with a K imo
  15. [name]One[/name], an aunt
  16. [name]Dean[/name] [name]Martin[/name]
  17. Yes
  18. Yes! :slight_smile:
  19. Google

20 QUESTIONS:
2. What do you consider your naming style? I’m not sure, Eclectic I guess, I like a little bit of everything, but nothing too out there.
3. What are your top 4 girl’s names and what are your top 4 boy’s names? [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Noel[/name], [name]Lark[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] & [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Zane[/name]
4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
5. Do you like popular names? sometimes
6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy’s are your favorites? [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Caleb[/name]
7. Do you like your parent’s names? Why or why not? I like my dad’s, my mom’s is a bit odd and I don’t think it’s that pretty
8. What are your parent’s names? my mother’s is [name]Wanda[/name] (I’d rather not say on the internet the rest)
9. Out of all your friends who have children, who’s kid’s names are your favorite? we have friends with a kid named [name]Flannery[/name] and another with one named [name]Ever[/name] and I know a child named [name]Olivia[/name] as well
10. Where were you born? [name]California[/name]
11. Do you like place names? some, not usually, I think it’s a bit obvious
12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose? [name]Berlin[/name]
13. How many siblings did you have and what were there names? [name]Jamie[/name]
14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn’t like the name? not if I hated the name, I might use the first letter or something
15. Do you like the name Kaitlyn spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K? meh, I don’t like that name much anyway, I like it equally both ways
16. How many people do you know with the name Lily? one
17. Who is your favorite singer? [name]Rufus[/name] [name]Wainwright[/name]
18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer? no
19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site? sure I guess, I’ve never been on another
20. How did you discover nameberry? someone mentioned it

1. What are your kid’s names? No kids, but cats named [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Midnight[/name].

2. What do you consider your naming style? In general, I like names that aren’t super popular, but still recognizable. I like more modern names, and mostly names that are names, not words. I also like names that are specific to each sex, but not overly so (not too girly girl or too macho sounding).

3. What are your top 4 girl’s names and what are your top 4 boy’s names? [name]Serena[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] for girls. [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Callum[/name], [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] for boys. Changes quite often though :slight_smile:

4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? [name]Callum[/name] [name]Jude[/name] or [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] would be my top choices of the moment.

5. [name]Do[/name] you like popular names? Yes and no. Most of the names I like aren’t overly popular, but some are getting there. I’m becoming more and more open to names being more popular. Top 50 doesn’t bother me as much as it used to, but I’m still planning on steering clear of top 10, maybe 20.

6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy’s are your favorites? [name]Nolan[/name], [name]Blake[/name], [name]Ian[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Landon[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Tristan[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Brandon[/name]

7. [name]Do[/name] you like your parent’s names? Why or why not? My dad’s name is [name]David[/name] [name]Bruce[/name]. I like his first name because it’s a pretty solid name that’s been decently popular for a long time. It’s not dated at all [name]IMO[/name]. I don’t like [name]Bruce[/name]. I jsut don’t like the sound of it. My mom’s name is [name]Cynthia[/name] [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Cindy[/name]). [name]Cindy[/name] is fine. I’m pretty neutral on it. I love [name]Louise[/name] because it’s after her dad, [name]Louis[/name].

8. What are your parent’s names? (First & middle) Oops, already answered.

9. Out of all your friends who have children, who’s kid’s names are your favorite? I know someone with a [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Teddy[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name]) and [name]Ruby[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] their names. They have another sister too, but I don’t know her name.

10. Where were you born? Twin Cities (MN)

11. [name]Do[/name] you like place names? Not really TBH.

12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose? [name]Sienna[/name] because it’s the only place name I’ve ever really liked, haha.

13. [name]How[/name] many siblings did you have and what were there names? 1, [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Ann[/name].

14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn’t like the name? As a first name, no. I was talking to my FI about this the other day. I would prefer that my kids have their “own” first name. Middle names are up in the air. I probably won’t use it if I hate it, but I may consider a version of the name to honor that person if they mean a lot to me.

15. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Kaitlyn[/name] spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K? You know, I’ve always had mixed feelings about this. For a while I preferred [name]Katelynn[/name]. I don’t know why. I’ve been slowly starting to prefer [name]Caitlin[/name], because now that I’ve been looking at names more, I’m starting to dislike the alternative spelling trend even more. It sucks when I meet someone and I have to think about how to spell their name because there are SO many spellings (like [name]Caitlin[/name]/[name]Kaitlin[/name]/[name]Katelyn[/name]/Caytlin/etc).

16. [name]How[/name] many people do you know with the name [name]Lily[/name]? None.

17. Who is your favorite singer? Oh, that’s tough. I listen to a LOT of different music. It’s way to hard to pick a favorite but if I had to, I’d maybe say Lady Gaga. I like her songs and her craziness, haha.

18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer? No, especially not her haha. I have considered the names of favorite actors/actresses and TV/movie characters. Some of my top names I grew to love because of certain characters. I wouldn’t name a kid those names ONLY because of that, but it has a small part in it.

19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site? It’s the one I go on most. I like the feel of the board for the most part. I feel like people are honest, but not outright rude or anything. That’s how I try to be, so I feel like I fit in. Although some of the Nameberry favorite names I can’t stand, so maybe I don’t fit in that well :wink: haha.

20. [name]How[/name] did you discover nameberry? Honestly, I don’t even remember. I think I saw it mentioned on another forum. I saw the lists and articles and thought it was pretty cool. Then I started looking at the forums and well, here I am!

20 QUESTIONS:

1. A hodgepodge. I like vintage names, names with a Southern/Western twang, a few classic names, some Biblical names
  2. Boys: [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]William[/name] (nn [name]Will[/name]); Girls: [name]Adelaide[/name] (nn [name]Addie[/name]), [name]Evangeline[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name]), [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name]
  3. [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Abram[/name] for a boy. For a girl, [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].
  4. Sometimes. As a person who grew up with a Top 10 name, I’m a little leery about popularity. But I’m certainly not ruling a name out completely if I love it.
  5. [name]William[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Landon[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Austin[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Blake[/name]
  6. My dad’s first name is growing on me. My mom’s… not so much. (She has forbidden me from ever naming my child after here, lol.)
  7. Dad’s name was [name]Harvey[/name]. Not saying my mom’s.

8. USA
  9. Yes, sometimes. Depends on the name.
  10. [name]Dallas[/name] for a boy, [name]Adelaide[/name] for a girl

11. If I didn’t like the name, probably not. If I did like the name, yes.
  12. I don’t like the name period.
  13. [name]One[/name]
  14. I like country and classic rock.
  15. A person would have to be pretty special for me to name my kid after them, so probably not.
  16. Yeah
  17. [name]Don[/name]'t remember…

20 QUESTIONS:

1. [name]Don[/name]'t have kids.
  2. I consider my naming style to be eclectic vintage… I like old, unusual names and word names.
  3. Top 4 girls: [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Florence[/name], [name]Augusta[/name] - Top 4 boys: [name]August[/name], [name]Walter[/name], [name]Donald[/name], [name]Henry[/name]
  4. If I had a girl right now, she would be [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. If I had a boy, he would be [name]August[/name] [name]Donald[/name].
  5. I like some popular names, but once I know more than three or four kids with the name I lose interest.
  6. [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Adam[/name], and [name]James[/name]. That’s it.
  7. My mom’s name is [name]Lynn[/name], which is okay. My dad’s name is [name]William[/name], which I dislike but that’s because of him, not because it’s a bad name.
  8. [name]Ly[/name] nn M@rie and [name]Willi[/name]@m De L@nci D0dge
  9. A girl named Row@n K@therine and a boy named [name]Sil[/name]@s Anth0ny.
  10. Pennsylvania
  11. Not usually.
  12. [name]India[/name] for a girl, [name]Jackson[/name] for a boy.
  13. I have five siblings. C@thryn [name]Eliz[/name]@beth, [name]Regin[/name]@ O’[name]Ruth[/name], [name]Jon[/name]@than Dougl@s D0dge, Se@n Augu$t, and A@ron J0hn
  14. Yes. On my list [name]Donald[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]August/name, and [name]Florence[/name] are all after relatives.
  15. Nope! My favorite spelling of [name]Kaitlyn[/name] is [name]Kaitlin[/name], because that’s my name. :slight_smile:
  16. None, but I know OF many [name]Lily[/name]'s.
  17. [name]Adam[/name] Levine
  18. No, probably wouldn’t name my child after him.
  19. At the moment it’s my favorite.
  20. I don’t remember… I think I just googled for free baby name forums and this one seemed the friendliest.

20 QUESTIONS:

1. [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], 27; [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Helen[/name] (she would have been 22); [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]
  2. vintage & classic
  3. Excluding my children’s: [name]George[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Giles[/name], [name]Philip[/name]; [name]Martha[/name], [name]Helen[/name], [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Angharad[/name]
  4. [name]George[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Avner[/name] or [name]Helen[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
  5. To a certain degree. I’ve always liked [name]William[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name]. I’ve always liked [name]Emma[/name].
  6. Plurals do not have apostrophes. [name]William[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] (I prefer [name]Alasdair[/name]), [name]David[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], and [name]James[/name].
  7. My father’s name was Wadsworth, and while I respect the family tradition, I am glad I was not a boy, as it would have been my name. My mother’s name is [name]Elaine[/name], and that is my middle name, [name]Elayne[/name].
  8. Wadsworth, no middle name. [name]Elaine[/name] Motzveldt (my Norwegian grandmother’s family name)
  9. The correct word is “whose.” [name]Don[/name]'t they teach English in [name]Canada[/name] anymore? They did when I taught at [name]Simon[/name] [name]Fraser[/name]. [name]One[/name] of my closest friends has three J names: [name]Jillian[/name], [name]Jessica[/name], and [name]Jeremiah[/name]. I like [name]Gillian[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name].
  10. Massachusetts. My children were born in New [name]York[/name] and British [name]Columbia[/name].
  11. No, unless they are family names.
  12. [name]Florence[/name] or [name]Italo[/name].
  13. [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Samantha[/name] [name]Blake[/name], and [name]Joanna[/name] [name]Whitney[/name].
  14. Yes, but I like most of my relatives’ names. My daughter was named after my great-grandmothers and my son after my grandfather.
  15. My daughter’s name is [name]Caitlin[/name], spelled correctly, because we are Welsh.
  16. [name]One[/name] I babysat for when I was in college. She must be in her 30’s now.
  17. Standards or classical? [name]Franco[/name] Corelli and [name]Renata[/name] Tebaldi. [name]Joe[/name] [name]Williams[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]. Sir [name]Tom[/name] [name]Jones[/name] and [name]Barbra[/name] Streisand. Tarja and kd lang.
  18. I might consider naming a son after my friend [name]Josep[/name] Carreras.
  19. Isn’t it the only naming site?
  20. I started writing for it.

20 QUESTIONS:

– I don’t have any yet, but you can see my names in my signature

– unique and mythological

– [name]Damien[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Loki[/name] and [name]Persephone[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], and [name]Cassandra[/name] (I love a lot others too)

4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? (You choose the gender, first & middle names)
    – [name]Damien[/name] [name]Quillon[/name] Frode (fro-deh) or [name]Persephone[/name] [name]Elysia[/name] [name]Willow[/name] ([name]Elysia[/name] said the Greek way – ell-ee-seeuh)

– not too many

– (In no order) [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Adrian[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Xavier[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Oliver[/name]

– Not particularly. They’re both bland and very of their times (70s)

– My real father is [name]Steven[/name] [name]Ewan[/name] and my stepfather is [name]Michael[/name] [name]Ray[/name]. My mother is [name]Kristy[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]

9. Out of all your friends who have children, who’s kid’s names are your favorite?
    – [name]Hanna[/name] [name]Love[/name]. [name]Love[/name] is a family name (her mother, grandmother, sister, and herself all have [name]Love[/name] as their middles)

10. Where were you born?
    – Arkansas

– Not most of them, but I don’t mind if they have meaning.

12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose?
    – [name]Alexandria[/name] or Lykaion (which is already in one of my combos. It’s a mountain in Greece that has a temple to [name]Zeus[/name] on it)

– My sister is [name]Amber[/name] [name]Dawn[/name] and my brother (whom I’ve never met) is [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]

14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn’t like the name?
    – No.

15. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Kaitlyn[/name] spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K?
    – Yea

– 2 or 3

– Solo artist? Voltaire

– Voltaire is a cool name, but no

– Generally. I prefer behindthename.com for a more accurate origins

– I had been using it to look up names for my stories and novels.

1. No kids yet
  2. Not really sure, more of the nickname type I think.
  3. Top 4 boys: [name]Noam[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Edison[/name]
    Top 4 girls: [name]Violet[/name], [name]Emme[/name], [name]Aggie[/name] and [name]Kate[/name]
  4. If it was a boy, [name]Noam[/name] [name]William[/name] and if it was a girl, [name]Violet[/name] [name]Susan[/name]
  5. Some popular names I like, some are just terrible!
  6. [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Mason[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Hudson[/name], [name]Asher[/name], [name]Blake[/name], [name]Ian[/name], [name]Luke[/name]
  7. Yes I like my parents names because they were picked because of their meaning. My step parent’s names, I do not like though. Too Hick sounding
  8. [name]Karl[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Susan[/name] [name]Carole[/name]
  9. My friend has an [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Jonah[/name] and is expecting a little girl soon!
  10. Iowa
  11. Yes! Like after towns and rivers.
  12. [name]Camden[/name]
    1. [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Douglas[/name]
  13. Not if I didn’t like it
  14. I like [name]Caitlin[/name] spelled like that <-----
  15. None except How I met your mother :slight_smile:
  16. I like new modern music, but no favorite singers
  17. Maybe
  18. Yes!
  19. Looked up a meaning of a name and sent me to Nameberry :slight_smile:
  1. Vintage, victorian gothic.

2. Girls [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Gwendolyn[/name], [name]Zelda[/name] & [name]Temperance[/name]. Boys [name]Edward[/name], [name]Claude[/name], [name]Cornelius[/name] & [name]Felix[/name]

3. G. [name]Vivianne[/name] [name]Celine[/name] [name]Dove[/name]

4. Yes, [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]William[/name] in particular.

5. [name]Mason[/name]
    [name]Isaac[/name]
    [name]William[/name]
    [name]Max[/name]
    [name]Alexander[/name]
    [name]Samuel[/name]
    [name]John[/name]
    [name]Lucas[/name]
    [name]Jonathan[/name]
    [name]Henry[/name]

6. Yes, because they are classics.

7. [name]Matilda[/name]

8. Some

9. [name]Victoria[/name]

10. Not if i really dislike the name. But my taste would naturally shift if i were particularly close to the relative.

11. I dont like the name, but would prefer it with a C.

12. Personally, only 1.

13. Dont have one.

14. No, they just sing.

15. The only naming site i visit.

16. Googleing names out of boredom and happened across it.

What a nice idea, thank you!

1. I don’t have any children , but am proud aunty to [name]Lorna[/name].
  2. Unusual classic with a hint of Norse/Gaelic and avoiding anything religious.
  3. Girls: [name]Isolda[/name], [name]Freya[/name], [name]Elinor[/name], [name]Elodie[/name]. Boys: [name]Oskar[/name], [name]Fred[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Burr[/name].
  4. [name]Isolda[/name] [name]Freya[/name] or [name]Oskar[/name] [name]Fred[/name] (or swapping the fn & mn round, depending on the baby’s character!)
  5. Not normally… but after 15 years some of my all-time faves are becoming popular. Boo!
  6. Out of UK Top 100 for 2011: [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Felix[/name], [name]Alfie[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Toby[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Dexter[/name], [name]Theo[/name].
  7. I don’t like any of my parents’ names, sadly. Maybe they’re just too 1950’s for me! They seem a bit whiney and lacking either great sounds or character. Sorry mum & dad!
  8. [name]Susan[/name] [name]Mary[/name] & [name]Philip[/name].
  9. [name]Molly[/name] & [name]Oscar[/name] or [name]Amelie[/name] & [name]Etienne[/name].
  10. UK.
  11. No.
  12. Izmir.
  13. [name]One[/name] - [name]Jeffrey[/name] [name]Colin[/name] ([name]Jeff[/name])
  14. No, but I’d consider names which are linked e.g. [name]Suzie[/name] for my mum & [name]Fred[/name] for my brother.
  15. Yes - I prefer traditional spellings, so [name]Caitlin[/name] would be my choice.
  16. I can think of 6 off the top of my head, but I’m a teacher!
  17. At the moment, [name]Duffy[/name] and [name]Damien[/name] [name]Rice[/name].
  18. No - although I considered [name]Lennon[/name] for a time, but it was more because of his involvement in the peace movement rather than being a Beatle!
  19. By far :slight_smile:
  20. A simple google search for baby names… I’d looked at lists on other sites, but this opened up a whole new world!

Look forward to reading everyone’s replies :slight_smile:

20 QUESTIONS:

1. What are your kid’s names? None
  2. What do you consider your naming style? Eclectic
  3. What are your top 4 girl’s names and what are your top 4 boy’s names? [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Perdita[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]London[/name], [name]River[/name], [name]Walter[/name], and [name]Thor[/name].
  4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? [name]London[/name] (boy) not sure of middle name
  5. [name]Do[/name] you like popular names? Some
  6. Out of all your friends who have children, who’s kid’s names are your favorite? [name]Elektra[/name], but prefer [name]Electra[/name].
  7. Where were you born? US
  8. [name]Do[/name] you like place names? Yes
  9. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose? [name]London[/name]
  10. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn’t like the name? Yes
  11. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Kaitlyn[/name] spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K? Yes
  12. [name]How[/name] many people do you know with the name [name]Lily[/name]? None all go by [name]Lily[/name] as a nickname.
  13. Who is your favorite singer? [name]Michael[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
  14. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer? Absolutely, I have [name]Michael[/name] down for a girl. Yes a girl.
  15. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site? Yes
  16. [name]How[/name] did you discover nameberry? Looking up websites

20 QUESTIONS:
----- Definitely Eclectic, somewhat classic unusual!
----- Top 4 boys are [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Evander[/name] [name]Alcott[/name], [name]Theron[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] & [name]Cadmus[/name] [name]Walter[/name]
----- Top 4 girls are [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Corisande[/name] [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Valencia[/name] [name]Elene[/name] and [name]Althea[/name] [name]Caro[/name] but Currently on the hunt for new loves
----- No idea if it were a girl, if it were a boy though, [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
----- I ‘like’ the ones that aren’t awful. But I don’t plan on using a common/popular name for a child of mine.
----- I am from [name]Canada[/name], but chose to use the U.S SSA list, [name]William[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Xavier[/name] & [name]Adam[/name]
----- They are okay? Pretty dated names to look at nowadays.
----- [name]Philip[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] and [name]Janet[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
----- I have very very few current friends with children, but I don’t particularly like any of the childrens names, we don’t share similar name views.
10. Where were you born?
----- [name]Alberta[/name], [name]Canada[/name]
----- A handful of them
----- [name]Dresden[/name] for a boy, [name]Odessa[/name] for a girl
----- 2, [name]Tyler[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Shawn[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
----- No. I plan to honour family with middle names, but don’t plan on using anyones full names because they aren’t my style at all!
----- I prefer pretty much any name with this option to be spelt with the C
----- 2 little girls
----- I don’t have one currently
----- Maybe if I had one I reallllllly loved, but Celebrities tend to do stupid things and it could turn out badly.
----- Yes indeed!
----- “Exploiting My [name]Baby[/name] (Because My [name]Baby[/name] is Exploiting Me!)” It’s a book :slight_smile:

20 QUESTIONS:

No Kids, but I have two beautiful froggies named [name]Merlin[/name] and [name]Taliesin[/name].

British/Classic/Vintage

Girls: [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name]
    Boys: [name]Alasdair[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Louis[/name] and [name]Rupert[/name]

[name]Freya[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

Yes, my boy names that I like tend to be up at the top of the scale.

Australia- [name]Noah[/name], [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Seth[/name] and [name]William[/name]
    [name]America[/name]- [name]William[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Max[/name] and [name]Jack[/name]

A little bit. I’m not really a fan.

[name]Allana[/name] and [name]Colin[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

I only have one friend who has a kid, but I do like the name- [name]Lucy[/name].

10. Where were you born?
    [name]Darwin[/name]

Not really

[name]India[/name]

14. His name is [name]Samuel[/name]

15. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn’t like the name?
    Only if I liked the name and I was close to them. But I would most probably put the name in middle spot.

16. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Kaitlyn[/name] spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K?
    Spelt this way I like it with a K.

17. [name]How[/name] many people do you know with the name [name]Lily[/name]?
    No one.

18. Who is your favorite singer?
    There is many but I would say [name]Joe[/name] Croce.

19. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer?
    No, but maybe in middle spot.

20. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site?
    Yes when it comes to discussion. But I love Behindthename, Apellation Mountain and Waltzing More Than [name]Matilda[/name] as well.

21. [name]How[/name] did you discover nameberry?
    Typing names in google

20 QUESTIONS:

Still a teen :slight_smile:

For the most part, older, classic names that are long and flowy, but also have cute nickname(s).

[name]Indiana[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Juliet[/name]
    [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Damien[/name], [name]Daniel[/name] (no fourth boy name at the moment)

[name]Indiana[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

It depends on the name. For the boy, I do, since they tend to be the classic, Biblical names. For girls, not so much.

[name]Daniel[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Austin[/name], [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Adrian[/name], [name]Andrew[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Joshua[/name]

Sure, my dad has a Biblical name, and my mom has a name reflecting her culture.

[name]Mark[/name] [name]Joesph[/name] and [name]Ming[/name]

Still a teen

10. Where were you born?
    [name]California[/name]

Yes! [name]Indiana[/name] in in my top ten for girls.

[name]Indiana[/name] “[name]Indy[/name]” :slight_smile:

3; [name]Taryn[/name] [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Ryan[/name] [name]Mark[/name], [name]Layne[/name] [name]Therese[/name]

Nope, meaning is nice, but I rather have my child to have a name that I truly love.

[name]Caitlin[/name], so with a C.

Anyone who has sung in Phantom of the [name]Opera[/name]. As for normal music, I prefer bands over singers.

Nah

Yes

Pretty sure by googling ‘baby names’

20 QUESTIONS:

No kids :slight_smile:

Mostly classic, with a few eccentric names I adore, like [name]Imogen[/name]

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Susannah[/name]
    [name]Charles[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Henry[/name]

[name]Amy[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] ([name]Anastasia[/name] is a family name)

Only the ones that are classics, like [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Henry[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Aaron[/name]

My mom, yes - [name]Maria[/name]. I think would make a nice middle name. My dad’s not so much. It’s very dated :slight_smile:

Rather not say - always scared to get too specific on these sites!

There’s a couple who has a baby [name]Susanna[/name] and a toddler [name]Lucas[/name]. I thought those were nice and classic!

10. Where were you born?
    [name]East[/name] coast

11. [name]Do[/name] you like place names? I love [name]Savannah[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] (wouldn’t use [name]Savannah[/name] now)- which are a coincidence, I’ve never even been to [name]Georgia[/name]! And I like [name]Vienna[/name] and [name]Geneva[/name]. But that’s really it. I don’t care for [name]Brooklyn[/name] and [name]London[/name].

[name]Vienna[/name]

I have 3, two sisters and a brother. Two very popular names and one eccentric (pretty random of my parents)

No, not if I didn’t ilke the name. Maybe I would turn the middle name into a variant of their name. Like turn [name]Crystal[/name] into [name]Christina[/name].

Only if it’s [name]Caitlin[/name].

Only 2, actually. They’re under 7.

I have a few :slight_smile: I love [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Jason[/name] Mraz.

No

Yes!

Another baby name site. I’ve ALWAYS loved names.