A gender neutral sibling for Robin?

Excited about the new category!

We have a [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and although we aren’t set on picking another gender neutral name if we ever have more children, it’d be a plus. So, which gender neutral names do you think would pair nicely with [name_u]Robin[/name_u]? :nest_with_eggs: :leaves:

8 Likes

I love [name_u]Robin[/name_u]! <3

Maybe:
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Lauri[/name_u]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Louie[/name_u]
[name_u]Ozzie[/name_u]
[name_u]Sal[/name_u]
[name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_f]Ceris[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] and…

[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Sable[/name_u]
[name_u]Starling[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u] / [name_u]Remi[/name_u]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u] / Perci / [name_m]Percie[/name_m]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] / [name_u]Charly[/name_u]
[name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_u]Louie[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] is so sweet, warm and chirpy!

I can picture a…

[name_u]Cass[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Orly[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Indy[/name_u]
[name_u]Esca[/name_u]
[name_m]Nairn[/name_m]
[name_m]Tarka[/name_m]
[name_m]Ives[/name_m]
[name_u]Fenn[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Fern[/name_u]
[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Andy[/name_u]
[name_u]Devan[/name_u]
[name_u]Dillan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jayden[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Indy[/name_u]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Palmer[/name_u]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Royce[/name_u]

2 Likes

I always love to see [name_u]Robin[/name_u]!

[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_u]Ciel[/name_u]
[name_u]Kahlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_u]Thyme[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_u]Meridian[/name_u]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Pallas[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelou[/name_f]

I second [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], and [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]!

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] :heart::heart:

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Mica[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Dara[/name_u]
[name_f]Delta[/name_f]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]
[name_u]Dell[/name_u]
[name_u]Poe[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]

1 Like

Most of these aren’t quite as gender neutral as [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as far as “not leaning either way”, but maybe…
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Loren[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]
[name_u]Halle[/name_u]
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_u]Vale[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], [name_u]Peyton[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Blake[/name_u]

1 Like

I have to second [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as Robin’s sibling. :heart:

Also…

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Gale[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & Ruska (I don’t know if it’s used a first name, but I love the imagery)
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Valo[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_f]Talvi[/name_f]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
(Maybe the bird-y theme is too much? but I love it anyway)
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Lynx[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you all!

@emmievis [name_u]Lauri[/name_u] makes me smile - there was a boy in my class called [name_u]Lauri[/name_u] when I was 7 or 8 whom everyone had a crush on. :smile: [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is such a warm and friendly name - I like that it’s a bit stately yet approchable. And the same goes for [name_u]August[/name_u]! I also love the more short and sweet [name_u]Jem[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is a completely new name to me and really intriguing.

@heartwings [name_u]Remi[/name_u] / [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is exactly my style - I’m not sure which spelling I prefer but today I’m leaning towards [name_u]Remi[/name_u]. [name_u]Sable[/name_u] is unusual yet has such a familiar feel to it thanks to [name_f]Mable[/name_f], and [name_u]Jay[/name_u] is my favourite option for continuing a bird theme. :feather: I also love [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and its nature meaning.

@katinka [name_u]Indy[/name_u], [name_u]Marlow[/name_u], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], and [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] have a relaxed, laid back vibe which makes me feel right at home with them. I’m also seriously crushing on [name_m]Ives[/name_m] (and Yves), and the vivid nature imagery of [name_u]Fenn[/name_u] and [name_u]Fern[/name_u] is so inviting. I especially like [name_u]Fenn[/name_u] as a nod to [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. :finland:

@somemelodioussonnet I’ve been really crushing on [name_u]Andy[/name_u] since watching a movie called The Old Guard where [name_f]Charlize[/name_f] Theron’s character goes by [name_u]Andy[/name_u] (the character’s full name is Andromache). I love how simple and straightforward it is. [name_u]Devan[/name_u] is a new one to me - poet is such a cool meaning!

@Larryisalittledog [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] really is a great pair with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] - the general feel of the names is so similar (it’s a bit of a head vs. heart name for me - it seems so perfect in every way yet I haven’t fallen in love with it!). I’m also into [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], and [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] - they have a happy, bouncy quality to them that I find really appealing. :sunny:

@the_common_fool Although I like [name_u]Willow[/name_u] for any gender, I especially love the idea of a boy [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. :leaves: I’m also drawn to [name_u]Thyme[/name_u], [name_u]Meridian[/name_u] (perhaps with the nickname Merry!), [name_u]Laurel[/name_u], [name_u]Cato[/name_u], and [name_f]Monet[/name_f]. The last three especially are so classic yet fresh and lively.

@Greyblue [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is another one that deserves way more usage as a gender neutral name - I particularly love it on a boy. :heart: I also enjoy the crisp, clear sounds of [name_u]Merritt[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], and [name_f]Delta[/name_f], and I love the bold and Shakespearean [name_u]Hero[/name_u].

6 Likes

@EagleEyes I do find it tricky to find names that are equally gender neutral. [name_f]My[/name_f] instinct with names that currently lean more masculine or feminine is to go the other way to restore the balance a little - although when naming an actual baby I probably wouldn’t see that as a priority. :smile: [name_u]Sidney[/name_u], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u], and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] have a lovely, friendly feeling to them, and I also really like [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] and [name_u]Sage[/name_u]. :herb:

@Belieber94 [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] and [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] are cute! I also like [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], and they all have that same fun and energetic feel to me.

@UnderTheRainbow Ruska is rare but it does get some use as a first name (just checked and there are about 33 men and 184 women called Ruska in Finland) - I’m also a fan of the imagery. :orange_heart: :fallen_leaf: I think I love the bird theme more in theory than in practice but ah, [name_u]Kestrel[/name_u] is such a lovely nature name. In terms of names I might use, I’m really drawn to [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], and [name_f]Talvi[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] & _______:

[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
Tate/Tatum
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Corey[/name_u]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
[name_u]Cody[/name_u]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]Hartley[/name_u]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_u]Toby[/name_u]
[name_u]Carey[/name_u]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]

1 Like

@wilkie8709 [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], and [name_u]Hartley[/name_u] are my favourite - I particularly appreciate the Scottish roots of [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] and the rugged nature vibes of [name_u]Hartley[/name_u]! :deer:

I was thinking up answers to this question today, before seeing your post!

I came up with:

Claude
Kit
Frankie
Blythe
Garnet
Jules
Jem
Merritt
Briar
Remy
Sasha
Misha
Sunny
Lesley
Vivian
Hilary

2 Likes

@Dechen How funny, that’s amazing timing! I absolutely adore [name_u]Claude[/name_u], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], [name_u]Misha[/name_u], [name_u]Sunny[/name_u], and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - [name_u]Sunny[/name_u] (and Sonny) has been on my mind lately, and I’m really drawn to its friendly yet cool vibe. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] as a gender neutral name always makes me think of [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] Wilde’s son, so I have a really pleasant association with it, and I generally enjoy all the Viv-names.

2 Likes

I’ve got a soft spot for [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] as brothers, so I’d suggest that - could work just as well as sisters or brother/sister too!

2 Likes

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] is such a charming name. :heart_eyes:

How about…
[name_u]Ozzy[/name_u]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] or [name_u]Billy[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Olsen[/name_u]
[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
[name_u]Pip[/name_u]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_u]Vinnie[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] or [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
Raffie
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] or [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Lowell[/name_u]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]
[name_u]Holden[/name_u]
[name_u]Bertie[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]
[name_u]Perry[/name_u]
[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_u]Quimby[/name_u]

1 Like

@SoJoCo [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] really are such a good match. I enjoy how Morgan’s sea related meanings balance out the forest imagery I get from [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. :ocean:

@snowmaiden Ooh, I’m especially loving all the cool surnames as first names - [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Lowell[/name_u], [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u], [name_u]Quimby[/name_u], Holden… :heart: Also, [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] hasn’t been on my radar at all, but it’s suddenly sounding so sweet!

2 Likes