A name for Arthur's twin!

So, it’s decided. The first born twin is DEFINITELY going to be named [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]. We haven’t quite decided on middles - but my favourite so far is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] (Or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m], depending on how many names we go for!) However, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] will also have a twin brother, and he doesn’t yet have a name! We have a few front-runners but could do with some more to consider - any suggestions welcome! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastien[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Clancy[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

UPDATE

It’s now between [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] for the first name, and any of the following names for middles:

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] - My current favourite for a middle - can’t be used as a first because our surname begins with the ‘R’ sound :frowning:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - Still a lovely name!
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] - My husband’s favourite for a middle, and it is very handsome! (Pronounced “Loo-see-an” for us)
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - I think this fits best with our surname, but if we went with Frederick, this would be in the middle.
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - Doesn’t sound as good as [name_u]Jude[/name_u] with our surname, but I really do love it. Again, would go in the middle if we went for [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

What do you think? Any combination suggestions? My favourite so far is probably [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - any thoughts? :smiley:

You have excellent taste! I’m not expecting, just planning but I have spent a long time perfecting what I (and my boyfriend, but of course I get first say ;)) would name twins and I know for sure twin boys would be [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] so I’m delighted to see it on your list, they go so well together!

I also like [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] off your list but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would definitely be front-runner for me!

Other suggestions: [name_m]Robert[/name_m], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]. Sorry I don’t have too many but you have a fine list of your own!

Congratulations on the twin boys and good luck with your naming efforts! I’m sure you’ll do excellently :slight_smile:

PS - nice to meet a fellow UK berry! :slight_smile:

I’m a UK berry too! When I first saw the thread the names that came into my head were [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], not sure why but they were my instincts. Out of your list I like [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. X

The very first names that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread were [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]! But I see that [name_m]Edward[/name_m] might be a middle, and that you already have [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] on your list! I absolutely love and adore [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] together - they have the same sort of feel about them, they compliment each other perfectly without being matchey at all. For me, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is head and shoulders above the other names on your list (though your list is lovely).

Other suggestions for you:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Best of luck to you!

@stephaniiie - Thankyou very much! It seems as though we think along the same lines in terms of baby names! I’ve always loved [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a new name for me, and it’s growing on me. I do think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would make a handsome pair. From your suggestions, [name_m]Eli[/name_m] jumped out - I think it’s a very simple, beautiful name and not too common either. Thankyou for the congrats, and also very nice to meet another “UK-er”!

@hanbow - Hello! Three UK berries, how exciting! [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] is interesting, as I’ve always liked [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but wasn’t sure about long names. Not as keen on [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], but thanks for the suggestion. I too really love [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] - one of my favourite combos so far is [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]!

@claireelise - Haha! I do love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], they’re beautiful names. You’re right, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] are a very pretty pair - I’ll have to think about that one! It’s funny, because I also really like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] - although my husband isn’t too keen. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] are two of my favourites from your suggestions. Thankyou for your help :slight_smile:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_m]Archie[/name_m] & [name_u]Theo[/name_u])
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] ([name_u]Joey[/name_u])
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] ([name_m]Tommy[/name_m])
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. (archie & alfie/bertie) < thats got the cute factor!!

Edited for privacy.

@bailibsmum - Thankyou for your suggestions - I particularly liked [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u] is another one I love, but my husband doesn’t much like the long form). Also, I’d never really thought about nicknames for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], so thanks for that. Not quite sure about [name_m]Archie[/name_m], but it’s got me thinking! I agree, [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]/[name_u]Bertie[/name_u] is cute, but not too keen on two names beginning with the same letter :confused:

@saracita00 - I completely agree! [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be lovely! But do you think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be shortened to [name_m]Fred[/name_m] or [name_m]Rick[/name_m]? Not sure about them. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be very cool too! As for your suggestions, my favourites would be [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and (surprisingly for me) [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]. I also quite like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], although I’m not sure what my husband would say! :slight_smile:

You have a wonderful taste in names! Many of them are also on my list. I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be a dashing set for twin boys. I know a [name_m]Frederik[/name_m] who normally goes by his whole name, some people do call him [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] sometimes. I personally think [name_m]Art[/name_m] and [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] are also lovely together.

[QUOTE=babtr1ll;2073694]@bailibsmum - Thankyou for your suggestions - I particularly liked [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u] is another one I love, but my husband doesn’t much like the long form). Also, I’d never really thought about nicknames for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], so thanks for that. Not quite sure about [name_m]Archie[/name_m], but it’s got me thinking! I agree, [name_m]Archie[/name_m] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u]/[name_u]Bertie[/name_u] is cute, but not too keen on two names beginning with the same letter :confused:

Yes i thought of that with the same letter… and if not a fan of the full form plenty of people use theo… If not [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] why not bertram that can have a bertie nickname… :)) xx

naming is soo hard… im trying to come up with name ideas and im stumped… xx

@bailibsmum - [name_m]Bertram[/name_m] is actually quite cool! Again, not sure would my husband would think - I’ll have to ask him!

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is an ancient name of great depth and majesty so I think something similar is in order for his twin. From your list, I think these have the history to match [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s.

[name_m]Sebastien[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

I would eliminate…

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - too unisex and childish for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s twin
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] - sounds like a dog’s name
[name_u]Clancy[/name_u] - too surnamey and cutesy
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] - doesn’t have the chops
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] - similar ending to [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

Other Suggestions

[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] - if you don’t mind the shared initial
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]/[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]

@mischa - Thankyou very much, I completely agree that [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is a name full of history. I know exactly what you mean about [name_u]Finley[/name_u] being too childish, but I wouldn’t dream of using it on a girl, so it doesn’t seem unisex to me. As for your suggestions, I’m not really a fan of two boys with the same initials, so [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]'s out as a first, but I do like it - so maybe the middle spot? From the others, I particularly like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], Silas and [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]. Thankyou :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] (if pronounced louie not lewis). They just seem classy to me.

@charliemc09 - Thanks for your suggestions, I think [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] are both lovely names, but are a little too popular for my liking! As for [name_m]Louis[/name_m], I like the [name_m]French[/name_m] connection, but not too sure, what with the new [name_m]Prince[/name_m] and everything :confused:

Ok, so after all of these wonderful suggestions, the name list for the second twin has indeed been updated, and it is as follows:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] (But only as a middle)

As for [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], what does everyone think about middle names - one, or two?

@cannebella - So sorry for not thanking you, I must have just missed your post! I’m now beginning to think that [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] might actually be my favourite so far! Thanks for the example, I’m not too keen on [name_m]Fred[/name_m], but [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is cute :slight_smile: [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t really like [name_m]Art[/name_m] though, I think he’ll just be [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

Edited for privacy.

@saracita00 - Hmmmmm… You do make me think! I know what you mean about nicknames, and I’m not really digging [name_m]Fred[/name_m] or [name_m]Rick[/name_m], but [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is cute, so I wouldn’t mind that. I wouldn’t shorten [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s name, and I guess I could just call [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] “[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]”. I’m not really too fussed, and I do really like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]! :slight_smile:

I love your naming taste. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be my picks for two middle names - which I’m voting for!