A name for Arthur's twin!

Edited for privacy.

@ciottolo - Thankyou very much, and I must say, looking at your signature, you have some wonderful names there - [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Llyr being my favourite - so handsome! I agree that [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a wonderful combination, so thanks for that suggestion. [name_f]One[/name_f] question for you - how would you pronounce [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]?

@saracita00 - [name_m]Just[/name_m] as in the US, in [name_f]England[/name_f] there aren’t many rules on how many names you can have. I know what you mean about there only being one space on forms, but I myself have two middle names, and my best friend from school has none at all, and neither of us had any problems. I completely agree with you, [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is a very handsome name, and would be great in the middle spot, but my husband isn’t keen on it as a first :frowning: As for your suggestions, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is lovely! Thankyou! [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is also very nice. Not keen on the double L sound, but the others are all wonderful. Same question for you - how would you pronounce [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]?

@babtr1ll - Thank you! I pronounce it LOO-see-uhn, but I’m notoriously bad at pronunciations so don’t trust me on them ([name_m]Aloysius[/name_m] confused me for a very long time). Good luck!

@ciottolo - You do make me laugh! Although I admit, [name_m]Aloysius[/name_m] vexes me! :confused: Thankyou for the pronounciation help, I would pronounce it “Loo-see-un” too, but it’s recently come to me that some people might pronounce it “loo-shan” which I don’t like.

Edited for privacy.

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]! Great choice :slight_smile: For [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s twin my favorites from your list are [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Either one goes excellent along with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]!

Some other names that I might consider are

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Percival[/name_m]

Good luck to you and your family!

@saracita00 - Ok, that’s great - I wold definitely go with the “Loo-see-an” pronunciation, but just wondering how it sounded with a different sound. I agree, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is marvellous - so thankyou so much for that! I also think it goes really well with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]'s name. I think i’ll be posting a poll soon for [name_u]Jude[/name_u] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - be sure to vote! :wink:

@can90 - Thankyou! I really like both [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m], but I think now, it will probably be either [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] or [name_u]Jude[/name_u] - they’re my favourites anyway! Thanks for the suggestions - I quite like [name_m]Percival[/name_m], and [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] has always been a favourite of mine :slight_smile:

From your list I really like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] & [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]. Some other suggestions…

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Beau[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]/[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

@Alexa400 - Thankyou for your suggestions, but I think I’m probably almost done now. Although, I did really like [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] from your combos - thanks!

UPDATE

It’s now between [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] for the first name, and any of the following names for middles:

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] - My current favourite for a middle - can’t be used as a first because our surname begins with the ‘R’ sound
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - Still a lovely name!
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] - My husband’s favourite for a middle, and it is very handsome! (Pronounced “Loo-see-an” for us)
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - I think this fits best with our surname, but if we went with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], this would be in the middle.
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - Doesn’t sound as good as [name_u]Jude[/name_u] with our surname, but I really do love it. Again, would go in the middle if we went for [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

What do you think? Any combination suggestions? My favourite so far is probably [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - any thoughts?

Edited for privacy.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is pretty awesome

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]! I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] as a pair more ([name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be a great little brother, though!), and I lOVE [name_u]Florian[/name_u] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] as the first middles, with the more classic [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] to round them off. Beautiful! Congrats on your twins! I have twins too, they are ten now…identical girls! Are your boys’ identical or don’t you know yet? Very exciting!

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] is my favorite! If you end up using two middle names, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be my pick.

@saracita00 - Haha! Yes, I admit [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is very handsome :slight_smile: [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] is also interesting… You’re right - I’m not a big fan of the double L, but [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is also awesome! Thankyou!!!

@hailey - Yep, I agree, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is really cool!

@mousehouse7 - [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]! I’d forgotten how much I loved [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]! I completely agree with you - they would sound great together. But I still can’t decide! Arggghhh!
P.S. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to meet another one with twins! Yes, my boys are identical too! Are your girls very similar? Easy to tell apart? (Stressing about this!)

@s_lr - [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is lovely too! Thankyou :slight_smile:

@babtr1ll - NO, my girls were NEVER easy to tell apart until they were almost four! I belonged to a mother’s of twins’ club, and every single other mother in there swore she could IMMEDIATELY tell her twins apart, from their cries, or their eyes, etc…and me and my husband just couldn’t! We worried mightily about mixing them up, and painted their nails and got them name bracelets and after one month had their ears pierced with different colored earrings because we couldn’t tell who was who! It was nerve-wracking indeed! LABEL all of your photos, that is my one piece of advice. They are ten now, and of course now they have unique personalities and we can tell them apart no problem…but when looking back at baby photos unless I labeled them NO [name_f]ONE[/name_f] has any idea who is who, not even my twins themselves! Also - give them unique names!!! (which it seems you are doing). My twins do NOT like to be confused and I was going to name them two names with the same initial but am so glad I did not now. I would say try to have their names feel balanced, and the same length, etc…but different! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps and does not feel like me lecturing you - it’s just that twins are a whole different ball game then singletons, imo!

I don’t know how I feel about using [name_u]Robin[/name_u] with your surname (even in the middle position). [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is a pretty well-known American actress (The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Bride[/name_f]). I’m not sure how important that is to you, but I would still avoid using it in the middle name closest to your surname (For example, it’s less noticeable when in the first middle place as in [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]).

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is one of the best names I’ve ever heard. I’m having a hard time finding the magic in any of your choices for Boy#2.

My choice would be [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. I don’t love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] with your surname (as you’ve mentioned, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Wright[/name_m] is a little difficult to say), but I think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] matches brother’s name the best. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be another option. I just really like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] together!

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] would be my pick with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m].

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Clancy[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

I really love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. :slight_smile: I think [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] sounds the best with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], though I really like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] too. I like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] best.