a new development (poll)

You’re right, you’d share the first and last letters of your name, but I think the last letter is less significant because [name]Gaby[/name]'s name ends in an -a, too. You all have -a names! Yay. Anyway, I just don’t think it’s an issue. If you were naming her [name]Erica[/name], you’d have a problem, because what do you call an [name]Erica[/name] other than just that? My friend and her mom are both [name]Catherine[/name], and her mom goes by [name]Cathy[/name], but sometimes people call my friend [name]Cathy[/name] because everyone gets all confused. And my mom and her mom both have names ending in -ene! It’s weird…

Anyway, that’s awesome that you feel so confident in this and you aren’t embarrassed! Yay! And, I’m so thankful [name]Brent[/name] gave you such a positive response to this one. I’ve got good vibes about baby [name]Eva[/name] “[name]Evie[/name],” for sure!

[name]Laura[/name], I think [EE-va] might be a British thing, too, because I always here British people saying it that way. Now, don’t hold me to this, but I was always under the impression that it is [name]Eva[/name] [AY-va] Mendes and [name]Eva[/name] [EE-va) Longoria [name]Parker[/name]. Then of course you’ve got the [EH-va] pronunciation, but I can’t think of any of those who are famous…

Anyway, I’m super-excited and I need to go take an exam, so hopefully this excitement will carry me through. Bye, ladies!

L

Ok, AY-va Mendes and EE-va Longoria - I’ll try to remember that one! Thanks [name]Lauren[/name] :slight_smile:

Oh and as soon as I am ttc, you guys better both still use nameberry because I’ll be wanting help too! Hehe.

Oh and good luck with your exam! My boyfriend has one tonight too and is stressing :frowning: lol.

Oh [name]Laura[/name], you go right ahead and call her [name]Evie[/name]! I would love it. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I actually was gonna ask you guys if you knew how [name]Eva[/name] Mendes/Longoria’s names are pronounced. I think I’ve heard it both ways on TV and stuff, so I’m not really sure. I guess I too think Ay-va Mendes and Ee-va Longoria sound familiar, so I dunno! Oh well. I’m happy with the ee-va pronunciation. :wink:

Well good luck to you [name]Lauren[/name] on your exam, and good luck to your b/f too [name]Laura[/name]! And don’t worry, I have a feeling I’m addicted to nb, so I’ll probably still be here when you guys start ttc. :wink: [name]Lauren[/name], did you say you’re married?? I thought you did, but then I found out you’re only 20, so I’m not really sure now! And [name]Laura[/name], when do you guys plan on kids? [name]Just[/name] curious; you don’t have to answer, of course!

No I don’t mind sharing! Lol. Well if my boyf had his way we’d be married and ttc tomorrow but finances being what they are right now, we’re waiting for him to finish his course (so he’s earning a bit more money! He’s training to be an electrician) which will end early 2012 and then hopefully get married and start ttc that year :slight_smile: We’d both be 26 that year too which I think is a nice age to start trying, still feel pretty young at 24 although I have a friend who just turned 22 and has been married 2 years and has an 8 month old so I guess I’m not that young anymore! Lol. My mum keeps telling me to wait til I’m 30 but my [name]MIL[/name] wants me to have kids yesterday haha.

So 2012 for me sadly, which seems a lifetime away…is this your last [name]Erica[/name] or will there be a 3rd? Lol. If so I sure hope it’s a boy for the sake of naming! Lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Laura[/name], I think that sounds like a great plan! Your b/f sounds so sweet. If you think about it, 2012 is really only a little over a year away. So trust me, enjoy your alone time while you have some! :slight_smile: Oh and I think 30 is way too late to start, personally! What if you were to have issues getting pregnant or something? Then you’re like 33 or 34 by the time you had your first, and it just gets to be way too old! So I like your plan of 26 much better. :wink: And yes, finances always get in the way, unfortunately :frowning: Supporting this baby too is going to be rough (daycare BLOWS!!!) but we really wanted 2+ kids, and [name]Gaby[/name]'s already 3, so we didn’t want to wait any longer between them. I’m trying to get into Physician Assistant school, so hopefully if I ever get into that and can make decent money when I get out, we might have one more. I think I’m way too anxious and uptight for any more than that! :wink: If we did have another girl, though, at least we have a whole bunch of names to choose from. :wink: Boys names, though…I think those are easier but still would have no idea what to name a boy! :slight_smile:

Yeah I guess it probably is only like 18 months, wow that makes it scary! Lol. I’m barely done being a child myself yet :stuck_out_tongue: haha.

You sound very sensible :slight_smile: hehe. [name]How[/name] old are you again [name]Erica[/name]? Was it about 26/27? I agree with you on the age thing. My mum just has the mentality that she didn’t really do all that much exciting stuff in her life before I came along and she wants me to “live” a bit before I settle down etc. But at 24 (the age I am now and the age she was when she had me) I’ve already done a lot more in the way of Uni, living away from home, travelling etc than she had done, so I don’t feel like I would be missing out on anything. And I keep reading so many scary stories about how your fertility decreases after 24 etc and that by 34 it’s really really hard, and we kind of have our heart set on 4 minimum so we can’t afford to wait too long! I know most people think that’s a lot but I’ve always loved the idea of a big family since I was a child :slight_smile: Like you though, I think finances will dictate more than anything!

Boys names are so different for me. I don’t know if I ever “love” them the same way I love girls names, but I definitely have some favourites. I like strong, masculine names on boys, mostly 2 syllables (as opposed to be girls names which seem to be fairly frilly! lol). None of my boys names ever go with my partner’s surname though which is [name]Morgan[/name], because they mostly seem to be 2 syllables and end in N! ([name]Holden[/name], [name]Harlan[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Quentin[/name] etc) My absolute favourite though is [name]Rafferty[/name] and my boyf loves [name]Cassius[/name] (so he can call him [name]Cash[/name] after [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Cash[/name] haha) and [name]Lennox[/name] (there’s a British boxer called [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] who he loves). Luckily I like those names too but I think they all sound very random together!

[name]Do[/name] you or [name]Brent[/name] have any fav boys names in case you need them in future? And yes you’re right, you do have some beautiful girls names to choose from if you did have a future girl…maybe he’d even come round to [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Lily[/name] by then! :slight_smile:

[name]Laura[/name] and [name]Erica[/name], I read your posts regarding fertility issues, which I found interesting! I was 32 when I had my son, and 35 1/2 when I had my daughter…we had NO trouble at all conceiving my son, but had more trouble conceiving my daughter. We consider ourselves blessed to have both [name]Kyle[/name] and [name]Emily[/name]! :wink:

Oh, [name]Erica[/name], no, I’m not married! Yea, I’m twenty. I’m still in college and then I’ll have like six years of graduate school and I just don’t see babies happening anytime soon, ladies, so you’ll have to wait a while for me! My mom was 27 when she had her first, my brother, and she’d just turned 30 when my sister and I were born. So, yea, I ways to go for me!

[name]Laura[/name], I think your plan sounds good, too! I could see myself getting married and maybe having a kid in graduate school, since I’ll be in school until I’m like, 27, at this rate, but in all likelihood I wouldn’t want to have a baby while still in school. It just seems really tough to me. Maybe it isn’t, though. But, yea, anyway, I think you’ve got a good plan ahead of you!

Oh, I think my exam went pretty well, girls, so that’s a plus for the day! :slight_smile:

[name]Lauren[/name]

@kyemsma - that’s interesting! Would you therefore advise others to start a little earlier, especially if they want to have mroe than say 2 children? Obviously assuming that all other factors such as relationship, finances, house, careers, education etc are in check?

My mum had me at 24 and my sister unplanned at 37 (well she was born the month before she turned 38) so clearly she had no fertility problems, but that’s not to say I will be the same. I guess I won’t know until I try, although I come from a HUGE family so I tend to think my family is very fertile haha.

@ [name]Lauren[/name] - 6 years of graduate school! I don’t envy you, but it’ll all be worth it! And I think 27 is a good age to start too, I will probably be 26/27 so about the same!

[name]Glad[/name] the exam went well :slight_smile: Oh and [name]Lauren[/name], I’d love if you could put your vast knowledge of names to use on my “what does [name]Ingrid[/name] mean?” post in the Girls Names forum?! If you have time!! :slight_smile: Hehe.

You have chosen a beautiful name. I love both names singly and as a combo. It is so feminine and pretty and goes beautifully with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Best of all I am happy that this is a heart decision for you and your husband.

We await the birth announcement here on nameberry.

[name]Erica[/name] -

I am so happy for you! What a beautiful name!

[name]Amanda[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] ladies!

Lots to respond to! :slight_smile: [name]Laura[/name], I just turned 28 in [name]July[/name]. So I had [name]Gaby[/name] when I was 25, which I think was a good age. (And, both with [name]Gaby[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] (!) we got pregnant right away after I stopped my birth control pills, so I think that speaks well for fertility at this age! Although of course that’s not true for everyone, but you know. I feel so lucky about that!!) Well of course I would have loved to travel more (like, overseas!) and stuff before we had her but it’s not like we really had money for that anyway, and we’ll probably enjoy it more when we’re a little older and (hopefully) more comfortable financially. Well, anyway. We’re not huge partiers or anything anyway, so it wasn’t a huge lifestyle change to have a baby. (I wanted to add that your mom sounds like mine LOL…she had me when she was 27, and then she had my sister (accidentally) when she was 36 lol! Well, actually, I was an accident too…I make fun of her a lot for her irresponsibility.) :wink: And holy crap, you guys want at least 4??? Omg, I would go absolutely fricking nuts!!! Well, again, I’m totally type-A-freak-out-about-everything person, so I think that would be too much anxiety for me to handle. :wink: But go you guys!! I do love big families, too, so I totally understand where you’re coming from. Oh and as far as boy names, I totally love [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]! That sounds awesome with your future surname!! :wink: Boy names for us are quite plain, I fear…when we didn’t know that [name]Evie[/name] :wink: was a girl, we were talking about [name]Brody[/name], [name]Chase[/name], and [name]Grayson[/name] (and the last two were too close to [name]Grace[/name] so we weren’t sure about those…surprise, surprise!). I liked [name]Kieran[/name] too, but I can’t remember if [name]Brent[/name] liked that one or not. I think he liked [name]Chase[/name] the best. Anyway, those boy names were before I was exposed to nb! :wink: Oh and with our last name, too, I really like [name]Blake[/name] and [name]Brock[/name] but they don’t flow very well with Kutzner! Stupid surnames. :frowning:

[name]Lauren[/name], it is pretty hard to have a kid while in school. I just had to take random classes that were pre-reqs for PA school requirements while [name]Gaby[/name] was younger, and that wasn’t too bad, but I’m super nervous to be in PA school with two little ones. Although being a practitioner is what I’ve wanted to do pretty much my entire life, so I’m ok with the challenge! :slight_smile: I find out in [name]Jan[/name]/Feb whether I got into my program, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. What are you going to grad school for?? What was your exam in today, btw? I’m glad you feel like you did well!! I can’t imagine you doing poorly, however, so I guess that’s unnecessary. :wink: And I don’t know where I got the idea you were married…do you have a b/f? Maybe I just assumed, for some reason! :frowning:

And thank you rollo and [name]Amanda[/name], for putting up with me and for all your suggestions and support!

[name]Erica[/name] -

I’m planning on clinical neuropsychology, so it’ll be about six or so years to get a PhD. Nope, I’m unattached right now - ha! Anyway, it is so cute that you’re calling the baby [name]Evie[/name] now and you seem to really love it. Yay!

PS [name]Laura[/name], [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] is amazing! I want to call him [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]. He sounds like a stud.

[name]Lauren[/name]

[name]Erica[/name]- I think it’s so cool how [name]Eva[/name] just seems to have clicked with everyone. I’m sticking by my experience(s) that when you find the name that works, it just feels right! I also love having a name (or a few names w/ nn’s) to call my little one while I’m pregnant.

[name]Laura[/name] - I’ve always wanted a bigger family too. [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] will make 4 for us and we’re not done. I don’t see myself with an insane number of kids, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we had 6 or 8 someday. :slight_smile: I’m really fortunate to be able to stay home with the kids. I’m 27 and DH just turned 30. So, I had [name]Carly[/name] when I was 19 (we made it through (somehow), but I wouldn’t recommend that age!) and [name]Penny[/name] when I was 21 – it probably wasn’t the best financial decision at the time to add to our family, but there’s more than money and I really wanted them to be close in age. We haven’t had a baby in the house for 6 yrs now! I think I forget everything and now I have to do it x 2.

[name]Lauren[/name]- Having a baby while in school is hard. It’s not impossible though and you just have to roll with it ya know? See what happens. It’s not ideal, but we made it work-- it does help that he was the one in school and not me though. I’m just the under-achiever in the family!

It’s becoming more and more common to see first time moms in their 30’s…for me at least. Most of our friends are 27-30 and only a few have children (or are married for that matter). Times are just changing I guess. I think alot of fertility concerns, especially when talking about “older moms” has alot of ties to genetics.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Eva[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]! [name]Eva[/name] is one of my ultra, ultra, ultra favorite names that I would have used if I had had more daughters. Perfect choice!

…I’m not planning on having a baby while in school, girls! But, it is a bit discouraging to me that many of the PhD’s I know are either older women who are childless - I know one who adopted later in life - or they are men who haves wives at home to have the kids and take care of them. It’s a bit sad, right?

Awesome, [name]Lauren[/name]! My major in college was neuroscience, so I love that stuff!! :slight_smile: if I don’t get into PA school I may be going a similar route lol! Omg and I totally had to laugh at your comment about [name]Lennox[/name] LOL! Totally love that name.

I am just practicing with [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eva[/name] lol…it still feels a tad weird, and [name]Eva[/name] definitely seems a little weirder since I still associate that with my old friend! Oh well, I’ll get used to it. :wink: but I absolutely love [name]Evie[/name] and I seriously think [name]Eva[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] is just perfect.

Oh [name]Theresa[/name], you are sooo lucky you get to stay at home with them. I think a lot of my anxiety about kids/illness stems from worrying about PTO time at work and calling in sick, etc etc etc. So just tons of stress on top of the fact that you’re already stressed they’re sick in the first place! Not good. :frowning: I wish [name]Brent[/name] was the breadmaker in the fam so I could stay home, but no such luck! :stuck_out_tongue: I should have married for money lol! :wink: how is your pregnancy going, anyway?? Still well, I hope??

Oh [name]Lauren[/name] just saw your new post. Yes, if you can avoid kids in school, I would, but I don’t think it’s impossible if you wish to change your mind! It is unfortunate about the men though, I’m always jealous of stay at home wives with doctor husbands lol!

Actually, [name]Erica[/name], my major IS neuroscience…and psychology…and philosophy, but we tend to forget that part because I’m not really into it. And, my exam today was in Biomedical Ethics, which is a gem of a class - just ask [name]Theresa[/name]. Ha!

Anyway, yea, I have a friend who wants to get a PhD and just work, work, work, even when she’s got her family and all. And, I think to myself, would I really be able to do that? I just don’t know. I think I’d be perfectly happy staying at home with my family rather than working, if the situation presented itself, whereas she feels she would be wasting her talents or some mumbo jumbo like that. My mom quit her job when we were born because she had three under three, and she went back when we were in, like, first grade - we had a “nanny” (ha!) - and then quit again after we finished second grade and moved, and then she was home ever since! She only recently, like when I was almost through with high school, decided she wanted to do something else, so now she is!

I’ll wish you good luck on getting into PA school! I have a friend looking to do that, too!

lol [name]Erica[/name], you do know my hubbie is a doctor right? :slight_smile: I met him as a lowly pre-med student though, so I feel like I earned this! I’m only teasing. I don’t know what it’ll be like when he actually becomes a “real” doctor (on his own, making his own hours-- well to some extent) since he’s still in his residency. For now, it’s nothing too amazing. He usually has to take overnight call at the hospital every 4 days and works over 80 hrs a week. Tonight is an alone night for me.

Everything’s going well for the twins and I though. I’ve gained 42 pounds. It’s insane. I’m 29 weeks so only 8 more until they are full term! You are getting so close to your due date. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Eva[/name] will be early, right on time, or late?

Oh gosh, it is so hard worrying about kids being sick and having to take off or worry about if you can take off. :frowning:

And [name]Lauren[/name], I agree with [name]Erica[/name]. If you can avoid it or just hold off until you finish school, that would be best, but it’s always an option if you do change your mind!
There’s nothing wrong with being a career-minded person and working hard – and there is nothing wrong with deciding you want to take a break from work either. Sadly, it’s a really hard decision that women have to make that men sorta get out of facing!