A new name quiz: Name spellings

Heres a name quiz on spellings. This time there are 10 questions?

1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them?
  2. K names or C names?
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]?
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]?
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]?
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]?
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it?
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]?
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name?
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]?

Mine:

1. Yes, theres [name]Izabella[/name] and [name]Isabela[/name]. I think I like the z, but I hate just one l, I like two lā€™s.
  2. It depends on the name I guess, but I like the look of K names. But I really like [name]Candace[/name] instead of [name]Kandace[/name]. [name]Candace[/name] looks really nice.
  3. I like [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love the z better.
  4. I like [name]Kaley[/name] and [name]Cailey[/name].
  5. I like [name]London[/name], but I dont like the name either.
  6. I actually like [name]Hether[/name]. I know that the flower is spelled [name]Heather[/name], but for a name I think [name]Hether[/name] is cute.
  7. I love it! I like [name]Bayley[/name] and [name]Baylee[/name]. But, I really like [name]Bailey[/name] too.
  8. [name]Sarah[/name]. It just looks right to me.
  9. I like both, but if I had to choose, I would choose [name]Myla[/name]. I would choose [name]Miley[/name] for myself, but not for a child.
  10. I like [name]Cloe[/name], it just looks so much nicer. I mean, if the h sound can fit into that spot then it can fit into any spot. Chloheh anyone? I didnt think so.
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? there is [name]Susan[/name], [name]Susanne[/name], [name]Suzan[/name], [name]Susann[/name], [name]Suzann[/name]. Dont like any of em.
  2. K names or C names? I dont know, depends on the name.
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]EliZabeth[/name]
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]? [name]Kaley[/name] i think
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]? [name]London[/name]
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]? [name]Heather[/name]
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it? [name]Love[/name] it! [name]Love[/name] the spelling of [name]Bailey[/name].
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]? [name]SaraH[/name]
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name? [name]MILEY[/name]!!!
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]. Chloā€.
    No, only one spelling.

2. K names or C names?
    C names.

[name]Elisabeth[/name]. Softer and prettier.

[name]Oy[/name]. None. I dislike them all equally.

The right way ([name]London[/name])

The right way ([name]Heather[/name])

7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it?
    No, but I like that spelling of it better than the others.

I like them equally. [name]Sara[/name] is streamlined and fresh, while [name]Sarah[/name] is sweet and classic.

[name]Myla[/name], definitely.

[name]Chloe[/name]. I know a family with the last name [name]Cloe[/name], pronounced with one syllable (ā€œclohā€), so itā€™s hard for me to think of that spelling being pronounced the same way as [name]Chloe[/name].

1 Like
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? Mine is the most popular and original spelling, and I pretty much hate all of the variants- they look so wrong to me.
  2. K names or C names? Definitely C. K-substitutions are not particularly classy to me.
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I donā€™t mind [name]Elisabeth[/name].
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]? I suppose [name]Kaylee[/name], but hate the name.
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]? Definitely [name]London[/name]. If youā€™re going to use a random city as your childā€™s name, at least try to be literate and spell it correctly.
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]? [name]Heather[/name].
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it? No, sounds like a dog to me. But I would spell it [name]Bailey[/name].
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]? [name]Sarah[/name]. But I donā€™t hate [name]Sara[/name].
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name? [name]Myla[/name], but I donā€™t really like either.
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]? [name]Chloe[/name].
    Iā€™m sorry if some of my answers come off a little harsh, I donā€™t mean to offend anyone!
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? There arenā€™t. I suppose you could spell it [name]Klyde[/name], but I say donā€™t fix what isnā€™t broken.
  2. K names or C names?
    Generally I prefer Kā€™s.
    [name]Elizabeth[/name]
    Iā€™d prefer not to spell it at all since I think itā€™s a stupid name, but I suppose maybe [name]Kayley[/name]
    [name]London[/name].
    [name]Heather[/name].
    I like it on a boy, and spelled [name]Bailey[/name].
    [name]Sarah[/name].
    [name]Miley[/name].
    [name]Chloe[/name].
    Yes, [name]Lena[/name] is the most common alternate spelling but it can be pronounced several different waysā€¦

2. K names or C names?
    C names, unless a name is originally a ā€˜Kā€™

[name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Kaylee[/name], I suppose. I donā€™t like the name.

[name]London[/name]

[name]Heather[/name]

No, but I would spell it [name]Bailey[/name].

[name]Sarah[/name], though [name]Sara[/name] is spelled like this in [name]Italy[/name] and is pronounced differently.

[name]Myla[/name]

[name]Chloe[/name]

1. My name is [name]Jennifer[/name]. Thereā€™s a dozen or so alternate spellings (from [name]Jenifer[/name] to Genipher) but I definitely prefer my own spelling. Additionally I think [name]Jenn[/name] (which is my nickname) should be spelled with two Nā€™s and while only a few people call me [name]Jenni[/name] I prefer is spelled with an ā€œiā€ not ā€œyā€.
  2. It depends. I tend to stick with the more traditional spelling (i.e [name]Christopher[/name] not [name]Kristopher[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] not [name]Cai[/name]). My one exception is probably [name]Kaitlin[/name] instead of [name]Caitlin[/name].
  3. This is a tough one. I think [name]Elisabeth[/name] looks more traditional while [name]Elizabeth[/name] is more edgy and cute. With that being said I would go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] especially since it already provides the ā€œzā€ for nicknames such as [name]Lizz[/name] and [name]Lizzie[/name].
  4. [name]Kailey[/name]
  5. [name]London[/name]
  6. [name]Heather[/name]
  7. No. [name]Bailey[/name].
  8. [name]Sarah[/name]
  9. [name]Myla[/name]
  10. [name]Chloe[/name]
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? Well, my name is [name]Lisa[/name] [name]Paige[/name], and I guess you could spell it [name]Leesa[/name] but that looks so terribly wrong. [name]Paige[/name] could be spelled [name]Page[/name], but to me they are one and the same, and [name]Page[/name] seems too much like a word to me. So the answer would be no.
  2. K names or C names? It depends on the name. When it comes to [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], I prefer [name]Katherine[/name] because I like the nickname [name]Kit[/name] a lot and though you could call a [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Kit[/name], it just seems less intuitive to me. When it comes to Greek names like [name]Kalliope[/name] and [name]Kalista[/name] (rather than the C versions) because they come from Greek words beginning with a Kappa and in my mind Kappa = K. Otherwise, I would never interchange a C for a K if it wasnā€™t a traditional form of the name (at least, in English, technically [name]Karolina[/name] is a form of Carlione, but since I donā€™t speak any of the languages it comes from I donā€™t feel totally right using that spelling). For example, Iā€™d never spell [name]Courtney[/name], [name]Kourtney[/name] (a la Kardashian) and Iā€™d never spell [name]Kendall[/name], Cendall because it just looks totally wrong.
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? I prefer [name]Elisabeth[/name], but both are fine. The reason I like [name]Elisabeth[/name] is because of nicknames, you can get [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Elsie[/name] (as well as [name]Lissie[/name]) from this spelling, and those are my favorite nicknames aside from [name]Bess[/name].
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]? I donā€™t like this name simply because itā€™s made up. There is no right spelling and that irks me. But if I had to advise someone on how to spell this name, Iā€™d say go with the most popular spelling, which will become the most accepted spelling, since itā€™s so popular, and that would be [name]Kaylee[/name]. Though I think [name]Kaylie[/name] is probably a close second.
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]? Definitely [name]London[/name]. I donā€™t see the motivation behind throwing the ā€œyā€ in there. The nameā€™s not even that popular, so the argument to ā€œuniqueifyā€ it doesnā€™t hold water for me. And itā€™s a proper noun and a place name, so I see no reason why it should be spelled wrong.
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]? [name]Heather[/name]. [name]Hether[/name] looks like someone misspelled the word tether or that they meant [name]Heather[/name] but forgot the A.
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you usually spell it? Yes, I actually do like [name]Bailey[/name], though my best friends dog is named [name]Bailey[/name], so I associate it with a golden retriever now. And the spelling I prefer is the traditional one, [name]Bailey[/name]- [name]Baylee[/name], [name]Baylie[/name], Baeley, all look so wrong.
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]? My best friend is named [name]Sarah[/name] with an H. She says she prefers her spelling because it looks ā€œmore completeā€. I personally donā€™t have a strong preference. I guess I like [name]Sarah[/name] more. But in reality I donā€™t love the name in either form.
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name? Neither. [name]Both[/name] are made up. Iā€™d go with [name]Mila[/name] (mee-la), which is a Russian name. [name]Mylie[/name]/[name]Miley[/name] just sounds so made up to me, and even [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] admits that her name is not real- it came from the fact that she was a smiley baby, hence [name]Miley[/name]. Her real name is [name]Destiny[/name].
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]? Definitely [name]Chloe[/name]. [name]Cloe[/name] is totally made up. It looks like some mispelled the word Clot or Close. And, as to why there is an H there- its not because H can fit into any random spot. Keep in mind that all names have an etymology. [name]Chloe[/name] comes from Greek. In Greek the first letter is [name]Chi[/name] (pronounced [name]KAI[/name], not CHEE), the H in [name]Chloe[/name] most likely comes from the fact that the first letter is spelled [name]CHI[/name].
  1. Yes, thereā€™s [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlette[/name_f]- I prefer my name spelling ([name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]) but if I had to choose it would be [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f].

2. C names

3. Elizabeth

4. Kaylee

5. London

6. Heather

7. No but best spelling would be [name_f]Bailee[/name_f]

8. Sara

9. Myla

10. Chloe

1. For my first name, [name_u]Sidney[/name_u], and I guess for my middle/nickname: Magnolya? [name_f]Maggy[/name_f]? I donā€™t like any of them, although I know a [name_f]Maggy[/name_f] my age.
  2. I find that most names ([name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_u]Connor[/name_u], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_f]Cate[/name_f]) look better to me with a C. Kā€™s look moreā€¦ aggressive to me.
  3. I pronounce them differently, but prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
  4. Kaley. 2 yā€™s in a name is annoying.
  5. London. Actually, yā€™s in general are annoying in real life.
  6. Heather.
  7. Bailey is nms but I definitely prefer the [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] spelling.
  8. Sarah. Only because I pronounce them differently ([name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is sair-uh, [name_f]Sara[/name_f] is sah-rah).
  9. Myla, again pronounce them differently.
  10. Chloe. Without the h it looks unfinished to me.
    Yes, [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], I do not like it. I much prefer it with the ph!
  2. K names or C names?
    I overall like C names better but in the situation of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] & [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f], I think I prefer K!
  3. Elisabeth or Elizabeth?
    [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] by far! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the classic Z
  4. Your favourite way to spell Kaylee?
    Probably [name_f]Kaley[/name_f] or [name_f]Kayley[/name_f], I try to think of it as [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] but I donā€™t like it with the i!
  5. London or Londyn?
    [name_u]London[/name_u]!
  6. Heather or Hether?
    [name_f]Heather[/name_f] for sure!
  7. Do you like the name Bailey, and how do you usually spell it?
    I do like the name, but Iā€™ve used it for a dog so thatā€™s what it is in my mind! I like it spelled [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
  8. Sara or Sarah?
    [name_f]Sara[/name_f]! Thatā€™s how my grandma has her name spelled!
  9. Myla or [name]Mylie/name?
    I like [name_f]Miley[/name_f] better, but it definitely feels super tied to [name_f]Miley[/name_f] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]!
  10. Chloe or Cloe?
    [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]!
  1. Yes; their [name_f]Emilie[/name_f], which I kind of only like. Itā€™s much better than other variations. Other than that, I still prefer y
  2. It depends on the name but I think I slightly prefer C names.
  3. Elizabeth, not to many names that have any z in them
  4. I prefer [name_f]Kayley[/name_f]
  5. London
  6. Heather
  7. I like the name for a dog, I like [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] or [name_u]Baylee[/name_u]
  8. Sara
  9. Myla
  10. Chloe
  1. Yes, and no lol. [name_u]Abby[/name_u] is by far the best spelling. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite is [name_u]Abi[/name_u]. If I had to pick another spelling, Iā€™d go with [name_u]Abbey[/name_u].

2. Depends on the name. I have more C names on my list than K names.

3. Neither

4. Kaylie, but I donā€™t like the name at all

5. London, but again not my favorite name

6. Heather, and ditto

7. No, and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]

8. Sarah, but I donā€™t like the name

9. Myla, but I much prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f] or [name_f]Mila[/name_f]

10. Chloe, and I actually do like this one

1. I donā€™t think their are any other spellings of my name but their is one for my nn which is [name_u]Lexi[/name_u].
  2. Probably C names
  3. Elizabeth
  4. Kaylee
  5. London
  6. Heather
  7. Yes, I love the name [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. I would usually spell it as [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] but I also like [name_f]Bailee[/name_f].
  8. Sarah
  9. Miley
  10. Chloe
  1. nope, not really
  2. c names, without a doubt! the only exception is katherine
  3. iā€™m torn, but generally elisabeth
  4. ceilidh
  5. london!
  6. heather!
  7. i donā€™t mind it, but itā€™s not my style. i would spell it bailey
  8. seraā€¦
  9. maelie (pn. my-lee)
  10. chloe, i think
  1. I donā€™t think so.
  2. Itā€™s complicated. But Iā€™m going to say C.
  3. I like both, but Iā€™m going with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
  4. I donā€™t know, I donā€™t really like the name, sorry.
  5. If I had to pick, [name_u]London[/name_u]. But I wouldnā€™t use it.
  6. Heather
  7. I donā€™t love it, but Iā€™d spell it [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].
  8. Sara
  9. Myla, but I like [name_f]Mila[/name_f] even better.
  10. Chloe, but Iā€™m not a fan.

1- Yes, although theyā€™re legit spellings with a long history, no I donā€™t like them

2- Depends on the name but I will always prefer [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_u]Kai[/name_u] and [name_u]Kora[/name_u] to [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_u]Cai[/name_u] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] (I know, weird about [name_u]Kora[/name_u] but it just looks more pleasing to me that way). Other than those, Cā€™s. I do love a ton of names starting with K though.

3- [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

4- [name_f]Kayley[/name_f] I guess? I donā€™t really like the name so I donā€™t really pay attention to the variants.

5- [name_u]London[/name_u]

6- [name_f]Heather[/name_f]. I didnā€™t even know there was alternative spellings to thatā€¦

7- I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad name, just not my style. Iā€™d spell it [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].

8- [name_f]Sara[/name_f]

9- [name_f]Myla[/name_f]. [name_f]Mylie[/name_f] makes me think you misspelled [name_f]Miley[/name_f].

10- [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. When ever I see [name_f]Cloe[/name_f] is thinkā€™s its pronounced clow (rhymes with glow).

1. Yes, there are other spellings. I like some of them, but I could never use them.

2. Mostly C names, but I do love some K namesā€¦ [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Kailani[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Kona[/name_u], [name_m]Koa[/name_m], [name_m]Koray[/name_m], [name_m]Kristopher[/name_m] (most spellings) & [name_u]Kristian[/name_u] (though I also love [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] (most spellings) & [name_u]Christian[/name_u]).

3. Elizabeth

4. Not a fan of the name, so Iā€™ve never really thought about it.

5. London

6. Heather

7. Not a fan of the name, but as Iā€™ve known a few over the years, I prefer it spelled [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].

8. Either, Iā€™m not picky about this one.

9. Myla

10. Chloe

1. I believe so. I have a very uncommon name to begin with.
  2. C. I dislike K names with 2 exceptions ([name_f]Kiersten[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is an acceptable but less preferred variation of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].)
  3. I like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] better but since I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] I would use [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
  4. None
  5. Neither.
  6. [name_f]Heather[/name_f]
  7. Meh. [name_u]Bayley[/name_u] or [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
  9. Neither
  10. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
  1. Yes, and I think theyā€™re okay.
  2. C, definitely C. I just donā€™t like the letter K.
  3. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!! Definitely!
  4. [name_f]Kaylie[/name_f]? I donā€™t like that name in general.
  5. [name_u]London[/name_u], but neither
  6. [name_f]Heather[/name_f]
  7. [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] on a boy, spelled [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Myla[/name_f]?
  10. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], definitely