A new name quiz: Name spellings

Heres a name quiz on spellings. This time there are 10 questions?

1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them?
  2. K names or C names?
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]?
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]?
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]?
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]?
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it?
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]?
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name?
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]?

Mine:

1. Yes, theres [name]Izabella[/name] and [name]Isabela[/name]. I think I like the z, but I hate just one l, I like two l’s.
  2. It depends on the name I guess, but I like the look of K names. But I really like [name]Candace[/name] instead of [name]Kandace[/name]. [name]Candace[/name] looks really nice.
  3. I like [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love the z better.
  4. I like [name]Kaley[/name] and [name]Cailey[/name].
  5. I like [name]London[/name], but I dont like the name either.
  6. I actually like [name]Hether[/name]. I know that the flower is spelled [name]Heather[/name], but for a name I think [name]Hether[/name] is cute.
  7. I love it! I like [name]Bayley[/name] and [name]Baylee[/name]. But, I really like [name]Bailey[/name] too.
  8. [name]Sarah[/name]. It just looks right to me.
  9. I like both, but if I had to choose, I would choose [name]Myla[/name]. I would choose [name]Miley[/name] for myself, but not for a child.
  10. I like [name]Cloe[/name], it just looks so much nicer. I mean, if the h sound can fit into that spot then it can fit into any spot. Chloheh anyone? I didnt think so.
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? there is [name]Susan[/name], [name]Susanne[/name], [name]Suzan[/name], [name]Susann[/name], [name]Suzann[/name]. Dont like any of em.
  2. K names or C names? I dont know, depends on the name.
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]EliZabeth[/name]
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]? [name]Kaley[/name] i think
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]? [name]London[/name]
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]? [name]Heather[/name]
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it? [name]Love[/name] it! [name]Love[/name] the spelling of [name]Bailey[/name].
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]? [name]SaraH[/name]
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name? [name]MILEY[/name]!!!
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]. Chlo”.
    No, only one spelling.

2. K names or C names?
    C names.

[name]Elisabeth[/name]. Softer and prettier.

[name]Oy[/name]. None. I dislike them all equally.

The right way ([name]London[/name])

The right way ([name]Heather[/name])

7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it?
    No, but I like that spelling of it better than the others.

I like them equally. [name]Sara[/name] is streamlined and fresh, while [name]Sarah[/name] is sweet and classic.

[name]Myla[/name], definitely.

[name]Chloe[/name]. I know a family with the last name [name]Cloe[/name], pronounced with one syllable (“cloh”), so it’s hard for me to think of that spelling being pronounced the same way as [name]Chloe[/name].

1 Like
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? Mine is the most popular and original spelling, and I pretty much hate all of the variants- they look so wrong to me.
  2. K names or C names? Definitely C. K-substitutions are not particularly classy to me.
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I don’t mind [name]Elisabeth[/name].
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]? I suppose [name]Kaylee[/name], but hate the name.
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]? Definitely [name]London[/name]. If you’re going to use a random city as your child’s name, at least try to be literate and spell it correctly.
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]? [name]Heather[/name].
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you ussually spell it? No, sounds like a dog to me. But I would spell it [name]Bailey[/name].
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]? [name]Sarah[/name]. But I don’t hate [name]Sara[/name].
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name? [name]Myla[/name], but I don’t really like either.
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]? [name]Chloe[/name].
    I’m sorry if some of my answers come off a little harsh, I don’t mean to offend anyone!
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? There aren’t. I suppose you could spell it [name]Klyde[/name], but I say don’t fix what isn’t broken.
  2. K names or C names?
    Generally I prefer K’s.
    [name]Elizabeth[/name]
    I’d prefer not to spell it at all since I think it’s a stupid name, but I suppose maybe [name]Kayley[/name]
    [name]London[/name].
    [name]Heather[/name].
    I like it on a boy, and spelled [name]Bailey[/name].
    [name]Sarah[/name].
    [name]Miley[/name].
    [name]Chloe[/name].
    Yes, [name]Lena[/name] is the most common alternate spelling but it can be pronounced several different ways…

2. K names or C names?
    C names, unless a name is originally a ‘K’

[name]Elizabeth[/name]

[name]Kaylee[/name], I suppose. I don’t like the name.

[name]London[/name]

[name]Heather[/name]

No, but I would spell it [name]Bailey[/name].

[name]Sarah[/name], though [name]Sara[/name] is spelled like this in [name]Italy[/name] and is pronounced differently.

[name]Myla[/name]

[name]Chloe[/name]

1. My name is [name]Jennifer[/name]. There’s a dozen or so alternate spellings (from [name]Jenifer[/name] to Genipher) but I definitely prefer my own spelling. Additionally I think [name]Jenn[/name] (which is my nickname) should be spelled with two N’s and while only a few people call me [name]Jenni[/name] I prefer is spelled with an “i” not “y”.
  2. It depends. I tend to stick with the more traditional spelling (i.e [name]Christopher[/name] not [name]Kristopher[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] not [name]Cai[/name]). My one exception is probably [name]Kaitlin[/name] instead of [name]Caitlin[/name].
  3. This is a tough one. I think [name]Elisabeth[/name] looks more traditional while [name]Elizabeth[/name] is more edgy and cute. With that being said I would go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] especially since it already provides the “z” for nicknames such as [name]Lizz[/name] and [name]Lizzie[/name].
  4. [name]Kailey[/name]
  5. [name]London[/name]
  6. [name]Heather[/name]
  7. No. [name]Bailey[/name].
  8. [name]Sarah[/name]
  9. [name]Myla[/name]
  10. [name]Chloe[/name]
  1. Are there any other spellings of your name, and do you like them? Well, my name is [name]Lisa[/name] [name]Paige[/name], and I guess you could spell it [name]Leesa[/name] but that looks so terribly wrong. [name]Paige[/name] could be spelled [name]Page[/name], but to me they are one and the same, and [name]Page[/name] seems too much like a word to me. So the answer would be no.
  2. K names or C names? It depends on the name. When it comes to [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], I prefer [name]Katherine[/name] because I like the nickname [name]Kit[/name] a lot and though you could call a [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Kit[/name], it just seems less intuitive to me. When it comes to Greek names like [name]Kalliope[/name] and [name]Kalista[/name] (rather than the C versions) because they come from Greek words beginning with a Kappa and in my mind Kappa = K. Otherwise, I would never interchange a C for a K if it wasn’t a traditional form of the name (at least, in English, technically [name]Karolina[/name] is a form of Carlione, but since I don’t speak any of the languages it comes from I don’t feel totally right using that spelling). For example, I’d never spell [name]Courtney[/name], [name]Kourtney[/name] (a la Kardashian) and I’d never spell [name]Kendall[/name], Cendall because it just looks totally wrong.
  3. [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]? I prefer [name]Elisabeth[/name], but both are fine. The reason I like [name]Elisabeth[/name] is because of nicknames, you can get [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Elsie[/name] (as well as [name]Lissie[/name]) from this spelling, and those are my favorite nicknames aside from [name]Bess[/name].
  4. Your favourite way to spell [name]Kaylee[/name]? I don’t like this name simply because it’s made up. There is no right spelling and that irks me. But if I had to advise someone on how to spell this name, I’d say go with the most popular spelling, which will become the most accepted spelling, since it’s so popular, and that would be [name]Kaylee[/name]. Though I think [name]Kaylie[/name] is probably a close second.
  5. [name]London[/name] or [name]Londyn[/name]? Definitely [name]London[/name]. I don’t see the motivation behind throwing the “y” in there. The name’s not even that popular, so the argument to “uniqueify” it doesn’t hold water for me. And it’s a proper noun and a place name, so I see no reason why it should be spelled wrong.
  6. [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Hether[/name]? [name]Heather[/name]. [name]Hether[/name] looks like someone misspelled the word tether or that they meant [name]Heather[/name] but forgot the A.
  7. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bailey[/name], and how do you usually spell it? Yes, I actually do like [name]Bailey[/name], though my best friends dog is named [name]Bailey[/name], so I associate it with a golden retriever now. And the spelling I prefer is the traditional one, [name]Bailey[/name]- [name]Baylee[/name], [name]Baylie[/name], Baeley, all look so wrong.
  8. [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Sarah[/name]? My best friend is named [name]Sarah[/name] with an H. She says she prefers her spelling because it looks “more complete”. I personally don’t have a strong preference. I guess I like [name]Sarah[/name] more. But in reality I don’t love the name in either form.
  9. [name]Myla[/name] or [name]Mylie/name? Neither. [name]Both[/name] are made up. I’d go with [name]Mila[/name] (mee-la), which is a Russian name. [name]Mylie[/name]/[name]Miley[/name] just sounds so made up to me, and even [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] admits that her name is not real- it came from the fact that she was a smiley baby, hence [name]Miley[/name]. Her real name is [name]Destiny[/name].
  10. [name]Chloe[/name] or [name]Cloe[/name]? Definitely [name]Chloe[/name]. [name]Cloe[/name] is totally made up. It looks like some mispelled the word Clot or Close. And, as to why there is an H there- its not because H can fit into any random spot. Keep in mind that all names have an etymology. [name]Chloe[/name] comes from Greek. In Greek the first letter is [name]Chi[/name] (pronounced [name]KAI[/name], not CHEE), the H in [name]Chloe[/name] most likely comes from the fact that the first letter is spelled [name]CHI[/name].
  1. Yes, there’s [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlette[/name_f]- I prefer my name spelling ([name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]) but if I had to choose it would be [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f].

2. C names

3. Elizabeth

4. Kaylee

5. London

6. Heather

7. No but best spelling would be [name_f]Bailee[/name_f]

8. Sara

9. Myla

10. Chloe

1. For my first name, [name_u]Sidney[/name_u], and I guess for my middle/nickname: Magnolya? [name_f]Maggy[/name_f]? I don’t like any of them, although I know a [name_f]Maggy[/name_f] my age.
  2. I find that most names ([name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_u]Connor[/name_u], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_f]Cate[/name_f]) look better to me with a C. K’s look more… aggressive to me.
  3. I pronounce them differently, but prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
  4. Kaley. 2 y’s in a name is annoying.
  5. London. Actually, y’s in general are annoying in real life.
  6. Heather.
  7. Bailey is nms but I definitely prefer the [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] spelling.
  8. Sarah. Only because I pronounce them differently ([name_f]Sarah[/name_f] is sair-uh, [name_f]Sara[/name_f] is sah-rah).
  9. Myla, again pronounce them differently.
  10. Chloe. Without the h it looks unfinished to me.
    Yes, [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], I do not like it. I much prefer it with the ph!
  2. K names or C names?
    I overall like C names better but in the situation of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] & [name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f], I think I prefer K!
  3. Elisabeth or Elizabeth?
    [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] by far! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the classic Z
  4. Your favourite way to spell Kaylee?
    Probably [name_f]Kaley[/name_f] or [name_f]Kayley[/name_f], I try to think of it as [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] but I don’t like it with the i!
  5. London or Londyn?
    [name_u]London[/name_u]!
  6. Heather or Hether?
    [name_f]Heather[/name_f] for sure!
  7. Do you like the name Bailey, and how do you usually spell it?
    I do like the name, but I’ve used it for a dog so that’s what it is in my mind! I like it spelled [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
  8. Sara or Sarah?
    [name_f]Sara[/name_f]! That’s how my grandma has her name spelled!
  9. Myla or [name]Mylie/name?
    I like [name_f]Miley[/name_f] better, but it definitely feels super tied to [name_f]Miley[/name_f] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]!
  10. Chloe or Cloe?
    [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]!
  1. Yes; their [name_f]Emilie[/name_f], which I kind of only like. It’s much better than other variations. Other than that, I still prefer y
  2. It depends on the name but I think I slightly prefer C names.
  3. Elizabeth, not to many names that have any z in them
  4. I prefer [name_f]Kayley[/name_f]
  5. London
  6. Heather
  7. I like the name for a dog, I like [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] or [name_u]Baylee[/name_u]
  8. Sara
  9. Myla
  10. Chloe
  1. Yes, and no lol. [name_u]Abby[/name_u] is by far the best spelling. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite is [name_u]Abi[/name_u]. If I had to pick another spelling, I’d go with [name_u]Abbey[/name_u].

2. Depends on the name. I have more C names on my list than K names.

3. Neither

4. Kaylie, but I don’t like the name at all

5. London, but again not my favorite name

6. Heather, and ditto

7. No, and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]

8. Sarah, but I don’t like the name

9. Myla, but I much prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f] or [name_f]Mila[/name_f]

10. Chloe, and I actually do like this one

1. I don’t think their are any other spellings of my name but their is one for my nn which is [name_u]Lexi[/name_u].
  2. Probably C names
  3. Elizabeth
  4. Kaylee
  5. London
  6. Heather
  7. Yes, I love the name [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. I would usually spell it as [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] but I also like [name_f]Bailee[/name_f].
  8. Sarah
  9. Miley
  10. Chloe
  1. nope, not really
  2. c names, without a doubt! the only exception is katherine
  3. i’m torn, but generally elisabeth
  4. ceilidh
  5. london!
  6. heather!
  7. i don’t mind it, but it’s not my style. i would spell it bailey
  8. sera…
  9. maelie (pn. my-lee)
  10. chloe, i think
  1. I don’t think so.
  2. It’s complicated. But I’m going to say C.
  3. I like both, but I’m going with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
  4. I don’t know, I don’t really like the name, sorry.
  5. If I had to pick, [name_u]London[/name_u]. But I wouldn’t use it.
  6. Heather
  7. I don’t love it, but I’d spell it [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].
  8. Sara
  9. Myla, but I like [name_f]Mila[/name_f] even better.
  10. Chloe, but I’m not a fan.

1- Yes, although they’re legit spellings with a long history, no I don’t like them

2- Depends on the name but I will always prefer [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_u]Kai[/name_u] and [name_u]Kora[/name_u] to [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_u]Cai[/name_u] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] (I know, weird about [name_u]Kora[/name_u] but it just looks more pleasing to me that way). Other than those, C’s. I do love a ton of names starting with K though.

3- [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

4- [name_f]Kayley[/name_f] I guess? I don’t really like the name so I don’t really pay attention to the variants.

5- [name_u]London[/name_u]

6- [name_f]Heather[/name_f]. I didn’t even know there was alternative spellings to that…

7- I don’t think it’s a bad name, just not my style. I’d spell it [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].

8- [name_f]Sara[/name_f]

9- [name_f]Myla[/name_f]. [name_f]Mylie[/name_f] makes me think you misspelled [name_f]Miley[/name_f].

10- [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. When ever I see [name_f]Cloe[/name_f] is think’s its pronounced clow (rhymes with glow).

1. Yes, there are other spellings. I like some of them, but I could never use them.

2. Mostly C names, but I do love some K names… [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Kailani[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Kona[/name_u], [name_m]Koa[/name_m], [name_m]Koray[/name_m], [name_m]Kristopher[/name_m] (most spellings) & [name_u]Kristian[/name_u] (though I also love [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] (most spellings) & [name_u]Christian[/name_u]).

3. Elizabeth

4. Not a fan of the name, so I’ve never really thought about it.

5. London

6. Heather

7. Not a fan of the name, but as I’ve known a few over the years, I prefer it spelled [name_u]Bailey[/name_u].

8. Either, I’m not picky about this one.

9. Myla

10. Chloe

1. I believe so. I have a very uncommon name to begin with.
  2. C. I dislike K names with 2 exceptions ([name_f]Kiersten[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is an acceptable but less preferred variation of [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].)
  3. I like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] better but since I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] I would use [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].
  4. None
  5. Neither.
  6. [name_f]Heather[/name_f]
  7. Meh. [name_u]Bayley[/name_u] or [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
  9. Neither
  10. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
  1. Yes, and I think they’re okay.
  2. C, definitely C. I just don’t like the letter K.
  3. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!! Definitely!
  4. [name_f]Kaylie[/name_f]? I don’t like that name in general.
  5. [name_u]London[/name_u], but neither
  6. [name_f]Heather[/name_f]
  7. [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] on a boy, spelled [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Sara[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Myla[/name_f]?
  10. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], definitely