A quartet of girls šŸŽ¶

I feel like some of my favorites are all so similar, and I have no idea which I prefer anymore! I havenā€™t brainstormed in so long, so Iā€™m going to freestyle theseā€¦

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] ā€“ Originally, this started off as [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but I think Iā€™d rather use [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as first name, bc [name_f]Eva[/name_f] seems more popular? :confused: [name_f]Moon[/name_f] represents so many things, including my love for [name_f]Selena[/name_f] Quintanilla. Such a powerful example of a Woman. & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] has been my love for so long, I love her meaning ā€œbattle-mightyā€. Together, I find the sounds play into the strength of the names as well as give it a dreamy aspect.

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] ā€“ Not sure if this is too wordy, lol, or too connected to our love for [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] but I love spunky yet feminine middles. [name_f]Marina[/name_f] can also have the nn ā€œMiaā€, which I adore! It was the name of a character in an iconic Spanish Novela when I was a teen. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] has always been beautiful to me, but I particularly love how it reminds me of the time we chased the aurora borealis on our trip to [name_f]Iceland[/name_f] :hearts:

[name_u]Vida[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] ā€“ [name_u]Vida[/name_u] literally means ā€œlifeā€ in Spanish, and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is a variation of my grandmotherā€™s first and middle names! I absolutely love that. [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is simply one of my favorite beauties.

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] ā€“ One of the names Iā€™ve loved the longest in this lifetime is [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]. I canā€™t believe itā€™s not more popular, but Iā€™m glad! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my own name, and Iā€™d be excited to be able to pass it on. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is spunky and full of flair, and Iā€™m glad my SO loves it as well.

Honorary mentions to [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Violeta[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_u]Azul[/name_u], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] & [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

6 Likes

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] - [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is SOā€™s pick, and it took me a while to warm up to it as itā€™s quite popular, but now I absolutely love it and couldnā€™t imagine naming our first daughter anything else. [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is my pick ā€“ I love that it means ā€œpeaceā€, and itā€™s inspired by my lifelong love of the folk song Goodnight, [name_f]Irene[/name_f]. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] also has a song connection with For [name_f]Emily[/name_f], Whenever I [name_f]May[/name_f] Find Her by my favorite, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] & Garfunkel.

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] OR [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] [name_u]Joan[/name_u] - [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] is my preference as I just love the sound and imagery it gives me with [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], but [name_u]Joan[/name_u] is also a contender as it honors SOā€™s grandmother and is a beautiful name as well. [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] is such a sweet and gentle name to me, and I love the nickname [name_f]Cloudy[/name_f] (which incidentally is the name of another [name_m]Simon[/name_m] & Garfunkel song).

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] honors my grandmother, and gives me a lovely, summery vibe. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] also has that summer feel, and is another sweet, gentle, and carefree name. I picture a [name_f]Tess[/name_f] riding her bike through the neighborhood in the evenings and picking raspberries from the garden.

[name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - This is the one Iā€™m least confident on as I havenā€™t planned out this far, but itā€™s a strong contender as weā€™ve both agreed we like both names! [name_f]Annie[/name_f] has yet another musical reference (Annieā€™s Song by [name_u]John[/name_u] Denver) as well as that fresh-faced, kind feeling that our other top names have. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] just rolls off the tongue in such a beautiful way and lends an air of mystique to straightforward [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

4 Likes

Thinking of four girls is one of my favorite things to do! [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women is my all-time favorite, which makes it seem so perfect to have four daughters! For me, it would most definitely beā€¦

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] ā€” the maternal line in my family is covered in Charleses, which makes [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] a perfect honor! Itā€™s the first name I really loved, first on a list! [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] honors, too, my third great grandmother, [name_f]Matilde[/name_f].
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] ā€” [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Pevensie[/name_u], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] Ball, St. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! Thereā€™s no bad associations here! The meaning itself is so upliftingā€” especially with [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! The light of pearls! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f]! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] itself honors the month of [name_f]May[/name_f], as well as a town with the name in it.
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] ā€” honors my nan, which I adore, and the meaning ā€˜graceā€™ is just so perfect!
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ā€” I always say there are so many more names I love more than [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], which herself is rivaled only to [name_f]Enid[/name_f], but [name_f]Lily[/name_f] will always come out on top! I never tire of this name for long! Both names honor my great grandmother [name_f]Betty[/name_f] and her aunt [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], as well as my great grandmotherā€™s favorite flowers, [name_f]Lily[/name_f] of The [name_f]Valley[/name_f].

charlie, lu, anna, + lily

5 Likes

ivy linnea - Iā€™m using my love for scandinavian names to good use, linnea is a beautiful name and ivy is an all time favourite and guilty pleasure of mine

matilda ā€œtillieā€ beatrix - matilda seems to pop up every once in a while and Iā€™m in love with tillie as a nickname. I also love beatrixā€™s literary connections and the extra ā€˜xā€™ makes it spunky

maisie lavender - maisie is adorable and lavender is simply my favourite flower (it also connects to my own name with the purple flower theme)

sunniva ā€œsunnyā€ indigo - a new favourite but just as loved is sunniva. I love sunny as the nickname and indigo also has indie as a nickname if wanted. another scandinavian name choice.

11 Likes

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Daylily[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is a way to put the combo, [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Laurene[/name_f], together. [name_f]Daylily[/name_f] is a way for me to put the names, [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f], together. I just couldnā€™t choose!
[name_f]Eleanore[/name_f] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] of Aquitane was/is my favorite [name_u]Royal[/name_u] Diaries book to read. [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] is after RM of BTSā€™ song, [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is a nod to my love of the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] series. [name_u]Emrys[/name_u] is just a name Iā€™ve come to love since Iā€™ve been on Nameberry.
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Julienne[/name_f] ~ This combo doesnā€™t have any special meanings, I just love it!!

7 Likes

Pretty much all of the meanings, besides Lilith, were unintentional and just connections that happened to be!

Gloria Nocturne - Gloria is after Frances & Gloria the badgers (characters from a picture book my parents would read to me when I was younger). Plus, it happens to honor my aunt Lori. I love the meaning of Nocturne ā€“ ā€œart relating to the night, or a dreamy piano compositionā€ ā€“ it reminds me of the night walks I used to take with my mother, and my whole family is very musical so the piano connection is sweet!

Twyla Leontine Maud or Myrtle Leontine Sonnet - Twyla I first heard watching Schittā€™s Creek with my friends; Myrtle is after the crepe myrtle trees my brother and I used to climb together. Leontine is after Florence & the machine. I also just remembered that Leontine means ā€œlion,ā€ and so does my brotherā€™s name (Lev)

Lilac Seraphine - This combo honors my brother because his initials are L.S. Thereā€™s no real meaning behind Lilac, but Iā€™ve loved her since I was little. Seraphine is after Serafina Pekkala from His Dark Materials ā€“ I read those books when I was little and then watched the show with my dad, and I love that connection.

Lilith Vienna Maple ā€œLilyā€ - Lilith was my ā€œalmost nameā€ and Iā€™ve always wished my parents chose it. I think thereā€™s something special about giving a child the name my father really wanted for me. Plus, the story of the mythological Lilith is so unbelievably cool! The nickname Lily honors three people I know whose first/middle names mean lily. No real meaning behind Vienna or Maple, but I love them anyway.

Gloria, Twyla, Lilac, & Lilith or Gloria, Myrtle, Lilac, & Lilith

Bonus: Marion ā€” I havenā€™t settled on a combo for her but would love to use her! She honors my mother, grandmother, & two of my favorite musical artists!

6 Likes

Ooh this is a hard one! It would either be:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]My[/name_f] all time favorite combo and probably the future name of my first-born daughter. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for the author of my favorite book, [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] because itā€™s a family name, and as tribute to the wonderful [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f].

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] is a childhood favorite of mine and goes beautiful with my surname. And I have a picture of my great-something aunt [name_f]Anna[/name_f] who looks like she could be my twin, which I find super cool! [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is another family name.

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] for my beloved [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f] because I think itā€™s just gorgeous and it goes nicely with my surname :heart:

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] [name_f]Monica[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is another name I just love for itā€™s beauty, and [name_f]Monica[/name_f] is a family name.

[name_u]Or[/name_u]:

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_u]Celeste[/name_u] [name_u]Maria[/name_u]

Summary

[name_u]Celeste[/name_u] is such a pretty name. I was absolutely obsessed with space as a child and wanted to be an astronomer for years. Itā€™s also the title of a beautiful song by [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u] is a lovely name and Iā€™m particularly fond of it because Iā€™m religious.

[name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (or [name_f]Irene[/name_f] Philippa)

Summary

[name_f]Irene[/name_f] is a name Iā€™ve recently fallen in love with again. I love the grandma-ness of it and it makes me think of [name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_m]Davies[/name_m], who inspired one of my favorite songs ā€œCome Dancing.ā€ It means ā€œpeaceā€ which just hits me in the heartstrings for some reason :dove:
Iā€™m a big old history nerd and I love the Victorian era, hence the lovely [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] :heart:

6 Likes

wow wow wow so many beautiful sister sets! Berries come up with the most lovely, meaningful combos :face_holding_back_tears:

This is such a cool and unique way to honor !!
Also love seeing Cagney on your list- I used to have it on my list for a girl as well! How exciting to see it getting some lovešŸ¤

Hazel!! The way you create combos is inspiring- I love how you meaningfully honor so many people and important things/interests at once
This combo in particular is perfection ! Especially excited to see nn rosyšŸ¤

Usually Iā€™m not a huge fan of Arabella but this combo makes her so sparkly!! :zap: Your whole little ā€œquartetā€ is lovely! They all go together so seamlessly- the perfect sister set

Wouldnā€™t it thoughšŸ˜
Your list is lovely! Especially Anya MarigoldšŸ¤ it being on your list since you were a child makes the name even more special!

Thank you!!
Sarai and Cherith in particular would make the most perfect sistersšŸ¤

Arenā€™t those just the best!!! :heart_eyes: Meadowlark in particular is sooo cool- especially with Eloiseā€‹:white_heart:

Holy moly this combo is amazing :heart_eyes: Wishmay is stunning!! And Tiggy !!!
Also love Elizabeth Wildrose- such a nice balance of vintage and whimsy my personal favorite nickname is bizzy :wink:

4 Likes

[name_u]Juno[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]

The reasoning for all of these is my love for the names, but thereā€™s also a theme for the middles: each is either a writer I love or a character from a movie/film I love.

7 Likes

My dream quartet today:

Guinevere Leia
Maeve Hermione
Helen Minerva
Edith Rhiannon

I like strong roots in history and mythology with a dash of girl power from my favorite fantasy series.

4 Likes

Love seeing Phoebe !! And Dellaray is so coolšŸ˜

thisšŸ˜
your names are lovely and so meaningful !! Simple and elegant but not at all boring- Iā€™m a fanšŸ¤

Obsessed with all of your names, but this one has to be my favoritešŸ„° winsome poet is a very close second my pup is named magnolia- itā€™s an incredible name !

me too !! your list is lovely. I love the associations with each of your names- makes them so special and meaningful

Ahhh! I grew up on the penderwicks!! Iā€™ve lost count of how many times I read each book and it will always be one of my favorite book seriesšŸ¤ Rosalind is a wonderful namesake- plus nn rosie is delightful

your daughter has a lovely namešŸ¤ and Belle does have a great meaning!

3 Likes

i absolutely adore this trend. it is my absolute dream to have a quartet of little ladies and have often thought about a sibset of names for them. so this list has been fairly solid for a few years now, which is quite good for me who tends to be very ā€˜chop/changeā€™ ā€¦ i think because iā€™ve made them all very personal to me and my family, alasā€¦ letā€™s begin.

[name_f]Faithe[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f] ā€¢ nn/ [name_f]Faye[/name_f] - now this will be the name of my first baby girl regardless as it is an honor and tribute to my late mother; whomā€™s name was ā€˜Faitheā€™. i know the spelling is controversial to some and a lot donā€™t like it, but i simply canā€™t look at it any other way and to change it would be to change my momā€¦ so that wonā€™t be happening. ā€˜Lilibethā€™ is to incorporate the name of my husbands late grandmother ā€˜Elizabethā€™ while also paying tribute to our first dog together ā€˜Lilyā€™ who passed away quite suddenly and tragically, which affected us both incredibly. the whole name has so much meaning to us and i absolutely adore it because of that reason.

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] ā€¢ nn/ [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] - this name has been a favorite of mine for goodness knows how long, and thankfully it has actually been my husbands favorite, also. it is also the name of a song which means so much to us, thereā€™s a rendition by [name_m]Rod[/name_m] [name_m]Stewart[/name_m] ā€˜Graceā€™ if anyone is interested, but yesā€¦ i just think this is so timeless and beautiful, it felt only right to incorporate the name of my grandmother who i see in the same sentiment. a true ladyā€¦ so ā€˜Patriciaā€™ seemed to fit in just perfectly.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ā€¢ nn/ Hopie - a name that just makes me smileā€¦ it reminds us as a couple how far we have come; everything we have overcame and we wish to provide a daughter with those same characteristics. to have ā€˜Hopeā€™ is to have optimism, which i think everyone needs a lot of these days, especially in todays climate. i just picture her as a little ray of sunshine. a true believer of good in the world. another family tie name in the middle position with a nod to my grandfather ā€˜Charlieā€™ ā€¦ [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] seemed to be a very fitting selection.

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] ā€¢ nn/ [name_f]Evie[/name_f] - again, another name i have always loved and very thankfully as a young girl, who lost her mother, i stumbled across a college lecturer who took me under her wing and became very much a mother figure to me in my later years; her name [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. so to include a little tribute to her in these names is the least i could do, thankfully it seems to fit quite well, too. ā€˜Margueriteā€™ is to honor my great grandmother, who was a very strong little woman who lived a long life, with so many experiences.

i think to ensure my mind wouldnā€™t change on any of these names was to include meanings that literally meant the world to me. there would/will be no room for regret when i look at these names and remember all the lovely memories of the people honored with them.

5 Likes

[name_f]Elma[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - [name_f]Elma[/name_f] is my motherā€™s middle name and my great grandmotherā€™s name. Itā€™s old-fashioned, yet unique in present-day, which I love. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] has been a long time favourite of mine! Itā€™s feminine, and elegant-sounding, plus has a lovely meaning (good fortune / happiness)

The remainder of the names donā€™t have any particular significance. I enjoy each name individually, and love how they sound together.

[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Marceline[/name_f]

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]

4 Likes

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] has been my favorite name since I was 14 or so. Our children will have a hyphenated last name so we typically try to keep the first names on the short side. I find [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] feels current but not trendy, not old sounding but familiar, it has a sweet sound to me. I can see it on all personalities which is important to us. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] has the same meaning as [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] which is my wifeā€™s grandmotherā€™s name and the middle name of our best friend. We love it in general but prefer to use it as an honor middle spot.

[name_f]Vada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - [name_f]Vada[/name_f] is my wifeā€™s favorite name. Again I think it compliments [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] in that itā€™s short and sweet. Itā€™s been around for a long time but isnā€™t overdone. [name_f]Vada[/name_f] in [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Girl[/name_f] is such a great character having that association makes it feel spunky with a lot of heart. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] was my nanaā€™s name and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is my other grandmotherā€™s name. Very important women in my life weā€™d like to honor.

[name_u]Lux[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - Iā€™ve loved [name_u]Lux[/name_u] for a long time. Always had it as a guilty pleasure because of the teasing potential. However, thinking about it more kids can come up with anything for any name if they really want to. Because this would be a rhyming name Iā€™m not as worried. It means light which I love. Again its short and feels fun but sophisticated. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is a name that we just love and it ties to a motherly figure in my life. It has the a similar meaning to [name_u]Lux[/name_u] but we love the combo and its the only name neither of us have made a compromise on. It just feels like our name. Bold but not wacky and fits on a lot of personalities.

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - For a long time we had [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] in the #4 spot and it killed me to get rid of it but our best friendā€™s niece is [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and we see her multiple times a year. So we have a strong association. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] while longer than Iā€™d like in the first name spot has been another long time favorite. I love the tie to [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. I love gender neutral names and this is one we love for all genders. Has the timelessness but on a girl feels cool. Itā€™s an underused name for girls that fits so many long term trends that it hits a sweet spot for us. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a name we both love. Iā€™m pursuing a Masters in [name_f]English[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a literary name I feel so connected to growing up. [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] was the first play that I really dove into deep thinking about. Its classic, not crazy overused in my opinion especially using it in the middle name spot. I love the nickname SJ for some reason. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] fits the President/Rock [name_f]Star[/name_f] test to me perfectly.

4 Likes

Pandora Beatrix Clio

Pandoraā€™s been my favourite for a long time now, and I love the fun, high energy, mischievous feel it has. I also love the meaning, and link to mythology. Beatrix I love the bright, zippy sound, the meaning, and connection to a character I really like. Clio is the muse of history in Greek mythology, and history is one of my favourite subjects and where Iā€™m hoping to go into now.

Artemis Valkyrie Ann

Artemis is my favourite goddess, but I get quite a grounded, cool, a little sarcastic, assertive vibe. Valkyrie Iā€™ve absolutely loved the sound of for ages; thereā€™s something so strong and powerful, and she just fits so perfectly with Artemis imo. Ann is in there as my mumā€™s middle, and as a shorter, more popular/well used name to balance the other two.

Evanthe Marigold Alice

Some newish middles for Evanthe; my soft, bright, floral choice. Itā€™s unusual but beautiful, and stands out from other names in a good way. Marigold flows so well on from Evantheā€™s gentleness and plays back into that light feeling. Marigold is another favourite, and I have considered it as a first (which my change again), but I love her so much here. Alice is the magical, whimsical element at the end that ties them altogether and completes the picture.

Morgana Lyra Tempest

Morgana I absolutely love for the dark, magical, stormy, witchy enegy. It feels similar to Artemis, in the strong, self assured, but calm and unphased by anything sense. My mum liked it for me too, so thereā€™s a nice link there. Lyra I defnitely discovered and fell in love with because of the His Dark Materials character. Itā€™s wild, free, curious, and adventurous, all in one short name. Tempest I have to have with Morgana. Despite the connotations, thereā€™s something calm and caring, almost sisterly about it. I think it meshes really well with both names.

6 Likes

[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

2 Likes

These have no meaning - to be honest Iā€™m not a big meaning person with names. [name_m]Just[/name_m] names Iā€™m enjoying lately.

Sutherby [name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_m]Draper[/name_m] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
Halstead [name_f]Bree[/name_f]

1 Like

I also started making name lists when I was nine and by the time I was grown, Iā€™d made hundreds. We ended up naming our now grown daughter Wellsley from that very first list.

1 Like

I know a [name_u]Haven[/name_u] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] with sisters [name_f]Manna[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Galena[/name_f] has been a favorite most of my life and you never see it!