A sister for India

Hello Berries!

We have a little girl called India Willow Anneliese (Indie for short). You can read the origin of her name here: Baby Girl Arrived Earthside

We are discussing baby #2 and are coming to a stump on names and it’s keeping me up during the night feeds :joy: I’d love some suggestions for our list.

We are from England. My husband enjoys traditional “posh” names (think Beatrice and Beaumont), whereas I enjoy a more bohemian, nature inspired vibe. I like versatility and the ability to curate a nickname from a name if desired. We both like names that aren’t commonly heard, but also don’t feel too crazy or difficult to pronounce and we are finding it really hard to meet this criteria AND both enjoy it!

Some names currently on our list are:
Eden - probably the only one we fully agree on but now in top 100 in UK so maybe too popular
Florence nn Effie - India was almost named Florence but its within top 20 here in England
Primrose nn Prim
Seraphina nn Fifi or Effie
Winter nn Winnie

Any ideas?!

Your daughter has such a beautiful name!

Some names that give me both a sophisticated and a spunky vibe

[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

1 Like

A beautiful name for the first child, I’m impressed by it :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your list for the second are [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f].

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Iseult[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Renée[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Adalia[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] Deleine [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Bruna[/name_f] [name_f]Clarisse[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogene[/name_f] [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Connie[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], which seems to work with both of your preferences, but have you considered [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] or [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]? They both allow for fantastic nicknames and feel to me at the intersection of posh and bohemian. Some other ideas for you:

[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_m]Indus[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

1 Like

Your daughter’s name is beautiful!
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] is nice!! I like [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] too!!

I’ll suggest

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] -Fliss, [name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]- [name_f]Miri[/name_f], [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_u]Bell[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]- [name_f]Junie[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]Pip[/name_u]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f] - [name_u]Mo[/name_u], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] - [name_f]Lula[/name_f], [name_u]Tally[/name_u]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] - [name_u]Romy[/name_u], [name_f]Milly[/name_f], [name_f]Ro[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] -Lettie, [name_u]Coco[/name_u], [name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] -Callie, Cip, [name_m]Lio[/name_m], [name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f] - [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Este[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] -Lori, [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lolo[/name_f]
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] - [name_f]Lissy[/name_f], [name_u]Issy[/name_u]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f] - [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]Issy[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites from your list are [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f].
[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. You mentioned your OH like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], so thought this spunkier version may work, and you have cute nn options with either [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f].

1 Like

I absolutely adore the name [name_u]Eden[/name_u], but to me it sounds jumbled in a sibset with [name_u]Indie[/name_u] (“Indie and Eden”) because it is so much of the same sounds. I adore [name_u]Florence[/name_u] with [name_f]India[/name_f], but I understand your reservations about popularity. I love both [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] for you guys, but [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] really wins out for me – she is stunning!! :relaxed: I love [name_u]Indie[/name_u] and Prim together as well.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] with [name_f]India[/name_f].

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (Fia)
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (Poppy)
[name_f]Annora[/name_f] (Anya)
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] (Maya)
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] (Liv)
[name_f]Estella[/name_f] (Stella)
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (Eva)
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f] (Pia)
[name_f]Altalune[/name_f] (Luna)
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] (Lili)
[name_f]Lysandra[/name_f] (Lyra)

I tried to think posh names with cute and spunky nicknames, which I think India/Indie does so well. Best of luck finding something you love.

1 Like

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] is so sweet and sounds great with [name_f]India[/name_f]. They are both place names, so it sounds like a theme to me. Same with [name_u]Florence[/name_u].

Maybe one of these…

[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabina[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jordana[/name_f]
[name_f]Suki[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f]
[name_f]Amandine[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: There definitely feels like a lot of pressure to find a name that would both compliment [name_f]India[/name_f] as a sib-set and have a similarly meaningful origin.

We would be going with 2 middles again for sure. Thank you for your suggestions! [name_f]Calla[/name_f] is my SILs favourite name so we definitely couldn’t steal that :joy: despite its beauty. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is a cute middle! [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is lovely - I’ll definitely have a look into it!

1 Like

We had [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] on our list for a while! But I don’t much like the nickname [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u]. Have you any other nickname suggestions from [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]? I’d also love to hear some nns for [name_f]Araminta[/name_f].

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is another name that was on our list but I was stuck for nicknames. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is the name of my goddaughter which I had a hand in helping her [name_f]Mama[/name_f] choose! :heart_eyes:

Thank you. I really enjoy the nickname suggestions for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - [name_u]Pip[/name_u] is definitely cute! :heart_eyes: And [name_f]Effie[/name_f] from [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] seems an unusual but workable one but less common than [name_u]Florence[/name_u].

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - it topped my list with the nicknames [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] but my husband just isn’t keen. I am determined to keep it as a potential middle, though as its just such a beautiful name.

1 Like

How about just [name_u]Clem[/name_u], which is a little less frilly? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Tiny[/name_f]? I also know of a [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] nicknamed [name_u]Lemon[/name_u], which I can’t say I’m too sure about but that’s another option. For [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], how about [name_f]Juni[/name_f] or [name_f]Juno[/name_f], or just [name_u]June[/name_u]? For [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], I’m a big fan of [name_f]Minty[/name_f], but you could also do [name_u]Min[/name_u], [name_f]Minna[/name_f] or [name_f]Mint[/name_f].

1 Like

Honestly I love thinking of second child names during the night feeds that I affectionally call shifts! :joy::joy:

From your list I would say if popularity is an issue for you guys [name_u]Florence[/name_u] isn’t the one. I see [name_u]Florence[/name_u] everywhere she’s so popular. I would suggest [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. Personally I haven’t met a [name_f]Flora[/name_f] but I think she’s stunning has a similar vibe to [name_u]Florence[/name_u]. [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_f]Flora[/name_f] would be sweet.

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] feels trendy and I think does work with [name_f]India[/name_f] but feels more trendy/cool then bohemian & whimsical if that makes sense. I think [name_f]Edith[/name_f] or [name_f]Enid[/name_f] has more the fairylike vibe you want to go with.

Aaahhh delightful [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] I absolutely love
her she’s beyond stunning! I think [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is absolutely dreamy. Other floral names that could work could be [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], [name_f]Tulip[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] & [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is so striking and melodic she’s stunning but I think she’s not as fun loving as [name_f]India[/name_f]. I wouldn’t necessarily pair them together. Maybe instead [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Hebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]?

Finally [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is lovely. [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_u]Winter[/name_u] definitely have a boho flair my only concern is that the sibling set feels very descriptive almost like describing an [name_f]Indian[/name_f] winter I’m just not sure. I do love the idea of just [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is sweet. What do you think of [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]? I know there’s the insurance company but it’s Hebrew for spring and if you get over that association I think [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] is beautiful.

Some other ideas could be

[name_f]India[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_f]Golda[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]
[name_u]January[/name_u]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] ~ yes very popular but I think [name_f]India[/name_f] & [name_u]Willow[/name_u] are so dreamy together!
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]

Please count any repeated suggestions as me being in agreement with the berries

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped

1 Like

I like [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] from your list “Fifi” especially.

[name_f]My[/name_f] Suggestions:
[name_f]Phillida[/name_f] “Liddy” “Philly”
[name_f]Verena[/name_f]
[name_f]Letizia[/name_f]
[name_m]Gerrit[/name_m]
[name_f]Melina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_m]Valerian[/name_m]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]

1 Like

India Willow Annelise & _________:

Magnolia Hazel Florence “Maggie” “Nola”