Age at first kid?

I was 26 (nearly 27) when our first was born, and I’ll be 29 when #2 joins us in July. Hubby is 3 years older than I am. The first was entirely unplanned and an absolute surprise, and this second one was a “let’s have some fun and if it happens, it happens” type of plan. I’m pretty happy with how things have played out.

We plan to start trying this year, so if a baby arrives next year I’ll be 28. That’s always when I thought I’d start wanting a baby, so I guess I’m on track haha.

I’m scared I’m never going to find the right guy and never going to have my own baby. I’m 24 and not seeing anyone. Ideally, I’d have my first kid when I’m about 28, but that seems ridiculously unlikely.

1 Like

@waverly123 [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t stress yourself, hon. You have plenty of baby making years ahead of you. :blush: And besides, when you do find the right person things can happen pretty quick. Try not to feel down - you never know what’s around the corner for you. :blush:

3 Likes

I’ll be 28 in a few weeks. [name_f]My[/name_f] twin girls (first pregnancy) are due in [name_u]June[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is 27.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a Teenberry popping in! I’ve never been in a relationship, and will wait til marriage, so kids are pretty far off. But I want to have kids pretty young. That said, I feel like I want to enjoy the first few years of marriage just with my husband before having kids. In addition, there’s the added unknown of how hard it will be to conceive! Ahhh!

3 Likes

I was 22 when I had my son [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] (who is four now)
I am currently 26 and pregnant with quadruplets. Yikes! Wish me luck!

5 Likes

I want to be 24 ish upwards having my first child, because I want to have settled down and be fully done with my studies beforehand.

We wanted a large family. Hubby is 3 years older than I am.
#1 at 19
#6 at 32

2 Likes

We were both 17 when we had our son and daughter :sweat:. Now we’re 26 and expecting our third and last baby.

I had my first son at 20, my daugther at 21 and my second son at 24. Now they are fifth, nearly four and a few months over one.

Conceived at 25- baby at 26
Conceived at 28- baby at 29
[name_u]Baby[/name_u] 3 on the cards x

I gave birth to our first child at 21 and my wife was 24, my wife gave birth to our second child at 26 and I was 23 and I am currently pregnant with our third at 26 and she is 29, we are unsure if we want more or not. All our children were planned, obviously.

1 Like

So I don’t have any kids but I wanted to share that my mom was 36 when she had me (her first) and 38 when she had my sister and this was almost 30 years ago! They were great parents to us.

2 Likes

I’m due a week before my 27th birthday, so I’ll either be 26 or 27, depending of when she arrives. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is quite a lot older than me though, he’ll be 39.

28, my husband was 30.

I’ve had 2 children, 1 living and my third will be born a few months before my 38th birthday. [name_f]My[/name_f] first was born a day before my 35th birthday. [name_f]My[/name_f] second was born 4 days before my 36th birthday.

I got pregnant just after my 16th birthday, and I’ll be having my baby when I’m 16 too. He’s not involved in my baby’s life, but he will have just turned 18 when I am due.

4 Likes

#1: 24

#2: 26

#3,4,5: 30

#6,7: I will be 33

I’ve just turned 29 and I just found out I’m pregnant with baby number 1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes