Age at first kid?

24 with my first, 25 with my second

1 Like

Congratulations @trixiehobbit

1 Like

In my mom side of the family people tend to have children very young and in my dad side they tend to have children very ā€œoldā€, I say this because in my country 30s-40s is considered having them too old, itā€™s very common in my culture to have kids young and for my race (indigenous) thereā€™s a high chance of teen pregnancy (my mom fell to that, though she came out strong), she ended having 5 kids each 4/3 years apart after! Ultimately I donā€™t think age matters when having a child and I hope stigmatization can be removed on that! I think when youā€™re with a stable income and with a stable partner it be ideal, but itā€™s not always like that, and whenever youā€™re ready and when you do have a child whatever age that is, is the right age for you and what was intended!

3 Likes

I was twenty years old with my first daughter!

I fell pregnant at 22 but gave birth at 23.

Got pregnant at 23, will give birth at 24.

The plan is to have #1 at 32 and #2 at 36. Im currently undergoing IVF now (29). I have a feeling that once I know Iā€™ve got embryos in the freezer waiting will be even harder. I was definitely one of those people who wanted kids young but I also want to have my house finished being built and a more stable job.

Iā€™m due in early 2021. Depending on when theyā€™re born, Iā€™ll be either 32 or 33. Probably 32 cause twins come early.

I was the very young age of 14 with my daughter, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
I am 16 now, and pregnant with my second, a boy, and by then I will be 17.

2 Likes

Going to be 25! [name_m]Can[/name_m]ā€™t wait!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s young. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have the help you need from family?

Yes, thankfully I have the help of my mother and my aunt.

4 Likes

This thread really summarizes the worries and pressure women have to conceive between a certain age. It seems like most women who have babies after 28 have to add an excuse. Or, they talk about how they wish they werenā€™t so old.

Letā€™s be kinder to ourselves. ā€˜Olderā€™ parents have a lot of benefits. Also, when it comes to health and energy, I know plenty of people, myself included, who are healthier and happier at 30 than they were at 20.

20 Likes

Thank you for this :clap:t2:

Just realized Iā€™ve been following this thread but never posted :sweat_smile:

If I conceive in [name_u]January[/name_u]/February as planned, I will be 29 with my first (hopefully my only bio kid, but who knows what life has planned)

1 Like

Baby 1 is due a week before my 30th birthday! So hoping to still be 29 when she is born!:sweat_smile:

Hubby is 32.

I started fostering my oldest at 26. [name_f]My[/name_f] first bio baby came at 29.

2 Likes

@LaurenAlexis [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter was born the day before my 29th birthday, so juuuuuust made it in to 28!

Iā€™ll have just turned 32 once #2 comes in [name_u]September[/name_u] :blush:

1 Like

#1. 21
#2. 22
#3. Almost 24
#4. 30
#5. 32
#6. Almost 36

Hoping to go for for a #7 soonā€”Iā€™ll be 38 this spring.

2 Likes