Age at first kid?

28, my husband was 30.

I’ve had 2 children, 1 living and my third will be born a few months before my 38th birthday. [name_f]My[/name_f] first was born a day before my 35th birthday. [name_f]My[/name_f] second was born 4 days before my 36th birthday.

I got pregnant just after my 16th birthday, and I’ll be having my baby when I’m 16 too. He’s not involved in my baby’s life, but he will have just turned 18 when I am due.

4 Likes

#1: 24

#2: 26

#3,4,5: 30

#6,7: I will be 33

I’ve just turned 29 and I just found out I’m pregnant with baby number 1 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

24 with my first, 25 with my second

Congratulations @trixiehobbit

1 Like

In my mom side of the family people tend to have children very young and in my dad side they tend to have children very “old”, I say this because in my country 30s-40s is considered having them too old, it’s very common in my culture to have kids young and for my race (indigenous) there’s a high chance of teen pregnancy (my mom fell to that, though she came out strong), she ended having 5 kids each 4/3 years apart after! Ultimately I don’t think age matters when having a child and I hope stigmatization can be removed on that! I think when you’re with a stable income and with a stable partner it be ideal, but it’s not always like that, and whenever you’re ready and when you do have a child whatever age that is, is the right age for you and what was intended!

I was twenty years old with my first daughter!

I fell pregnant at 22 but gave birth at 23.

Got pregnant at 23, will give birth at 24.

I’m heading to university soon and ideally I’d love to have a baby at like… 18 or 19, but realistically i’ll be at least 25.

1 Like

The plan is to have #1 at 32 and #2 at 36. Im currently undergoing IVF now (29). I have a feeling that once I know I’ve got embryos in the freezer waiting will be even harder. I was definitely one of those people who wanted kids young but I also want to have my house finished being built and a more stable job.

I’m due in early 2021. Depending on when they’re born, I’ll be either 32 or 33. Probably 32 cause twins come early.

I was the very young age of 14 with my daughter, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
I am 16 now, and pregnant with my second, a boy, and by then I will be 17.

1 Like

Going to be 25! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t wait!

2 Likes

That’s young. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have the help you need from family?

Yes, thankfully I have the help of my mother and my aunt.

3 Likes

This thread really summarizes the worries and pressure women have to conceive between a certain age. It seems like most women who have babies after 28 have to add an excuse. Or, they talk about how they wish they weren’t so old.

Let’s be kinder to ourselves. ‘Older’ parents have a lot of benefits. Also, when it comes to health and energy, I know plenty of people, myself included, who are healthier and happier at 30 than they were at 20.

10 Likes