Almond

I saw [name_u]Almond[/name_u] as a suggestion when I was looking at the name page for [name_f]Benjamina[/name_f], and I wanted to call it to everyone’s attention. Looks like it has a long history, I feel like it might be nice for those of you looking for a boy’s name somewhere at the intersection of cottage core and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m].

It’s not my personal cup of tea but I can see it fitting into Nameberry combos and perhaps on real babies as well, especially as a middle. There’s something about it that sounds regal. Thoughts?

I don’t hate it, but would prefer the keep it as a middle if I were to use it. I like your idea of using it in a cottagecore combo!

5 Likes

It is such a common word that it doesn’t work as a name for me.

3 Likes

I prefer the name [name_m]Edmond[/name_m]. [name_u]Almond[/name_u] doesn’t sound like a name to me.

I dont care for it to be honest. Im not big on a lot of food names though. I like flower and tree names but almond reminds me too much of the actual nut. It doesn’t seem like an actual name.

Benjamina on the other hand is really gorgeous!

For me it’s a but out there.

I don’t see it working on a modern context. [name_m]Filbert[/name_m] might if you’re really into nut names, but I kind of hate it.

Not really a fan but I’m sure it’s not unusable if [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_u]Leaf[/name_u], [name_f]Apple[/name_f] and [name_u]Snow[/name_u] all pass why not- fits that autumn/ wintry food vibe.

Personally I’d more go for [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] or [name_m]Armand[/name_m] in place of [name_u]Almond[/name_u]

1 Like

Sound wise I totally see it! But in context it’s a little too nutty for me.

Hmm, it might grow on me. For now it feels too word-y.

I think that this would be laughed at.

1 Like

It fits in with names like [name_m]Edmond[/name_m] and [name_m]Albert[/name_m] but I think it would make a better middle name

Too much food.

A lot of people drink almond milk and so I would think in 20 years it would be a bit like naming your child Holstein or [name_f]Guernsey[/name_f]
:joy:

I actually really love it, though I prefer the spelling Almund - short for Adalmund, apparently. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband doesn’t care for it but I think it’s brilliant. If girl names like [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] are currently all the rage, then why not [name_u]Almond[/name_u]? It’s got a beautiful sound, and it’s got all the familiarity of [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] with none of the popularity. Easy to spell, simple to pronounce, obviously masculine (in my opinion). I guess I’m in the minority but I think it’s fab!

1 Like

Personally, I think of the food, but I can see it working!

If I could separate it from the food, then maybe.

It’s not my personal favorite, but I could see it as an adventurous middle name.

It has a handsome sound but it’s very tied to the food for me (and it’s such a common allergen, lol, what if [name_u]Almond[/name_u] was allergic to almonds?)

1 Like

Like most have said, it has a handsome sound but it seems quite wordy. It might be a fun middle though!

Ooooh maybe this cannot be a name for this reason :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes