Amelia or Mia?

We’ve been going back and forth for months on this! We love [name_f]Mia[/name_f] but we’re not sure if [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is fine on its own or if we should use the more formal [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and then use [name_f]Mia[/name_f] as a nickname. Thoughts? Our last name is 5 letters long and only 1 syllable! We’ve also talked about scratching both ideas and looking for something new (we have a few names) but we’re totally unsure about everything!

I think either one work just fine on their own, but I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is so sweet on a little girl and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is gorgeous on an adult. I have [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f] on my short list.

I prefer the longer [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. There’s nothing wrong with [name_f]Mia[/name_f], but it feels very young to me. Were it my name, I’d prefer the option of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], particularly as an adult.

I don’t like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but love [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I would personally keep it short and sweet. [name_f]Mia[/name_f] transends all ages [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

The full version is best so she will have options later in life

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is fantastic! I think it’s a stellar idea.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is just beautiful, the only issue with it is, that I feel like everyone is using it nowadays, but if you don’t mind the usage that go for it because as they said; the child will have options and I am deeply in love with [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], always have been! Best of wishes!

I love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Mia[/name_f] - gorgeous!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is a beautiful name and [name_f]Mia[/name_f] would be a lovely nickname I’d say go for it.

I would use [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. Like others have said, it will give [name_f]Mia[/name_f] more options later.

I prefer [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. It’s kinda weird because I usually prefer longer names, but I know way too many Amelias. It’s a pretty name though. Sweet and gracious. You can’t go wrong with either.

I feel that too many people use [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], so [name_f]Mia[/name_f] would be more unique!

I like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] better, and I like having a fuller version to fall back on later in life, as mentioned above.

I like [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. If you were picking [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] because you loved it then by all means go with that, but if you want to call her [name_f]Mia[/name_f] then I think the name can stand on its own.

I’m probably a little biased on this topic as our DD is named [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] names flow really well with our last name and I like the ability to have a more informal name for her which gives her the ability to choose what she wants to use as she gets older.

I would name her [name_f]Mia[/name_f] if that is what she will be called.

I adore [name_f]Ameila[/name_f]! I know it’s popular, but it isn’t SO popular that I wouldn’t use it (we have a close family friend who used it, otherwise it would be #1 on my list in a heartbeat), and I had to sadly say goodbye to my top boy’s name because of popularity so that really tends to be an issue for me.

I also like that it will lengthen your one-syllable last name when using her proper name, I prefer this to 2 one-syllable names put together ([name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] vs [name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]).

Good luck!

i [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], so that’s an easy choice for me :o)

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter’s name is [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], but I never liked the nickname [name_f]Mia[/name_f] simply because, to me, [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is a stand-alone name. So if you like [name_f]Mia[/name_f] as a full name, then use that one. You can always give her a longer, more substantial middle name in case she decides [name_f]Mia[/name_f] doesn’t fit her lifestyle when she grows up.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] gets my vote. You can always use [name_f]Mia[/name_f] as a nickname, but if she doesn’t like it [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is a beautiful classic name.