Annabelle or Camille

Would love some fellow name lovers to weigh in. Naming this baby girl has been the hardest thing for my husband and I as our styles are so different. We will likely wait to see her but out of every single female name known to mankind these are the only two my husband and I can agree on :rofl::rofl:. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma is [name_f]Anna[/name_f] hence [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] (not interested in [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] because I canā€™t not see the word anal :grimacing::grimacing:) and we like the uniqueness of [name_u]Camille[/name_u]. We would definitely use the nickname [name_f]Millie[/name_f] for [name_u]Camille[/name_u], and love the endless nickname potential for [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f].

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] for you! [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is actually very similar in popularity to [name_u]Camille[/name_u], so [name_u]Camille[/name_u] isnā€™t that much more unique (plus, [name_f]Camila[/name_f] ranks #11 and [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] is also in the top 300, so [name_u]Camille[/name_u] may feel more popular than it is). The connection to your grandma, plus the fact it looks nice with your last name, makes it seem like [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is the one!

3 Likes

I think Annabelle!

2 Likes

I love Annabelle! Itā€™s so pretty and timeless, and the nicknames are darling.

1 Like

I adore Annabelle! Love that it connects to your granā€¦ thatā€™s perfect!

1 Like

Thank you! I felt like [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] was a fairly unique choice right now as well.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]! Iā€™m going to throw a vote to the [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] spelling as thatā€™s my favorite. Either way, congratulations!

1 Like

Ooh I love [name_u]Camille[/name_u] nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]! You canā€™t go wrong with either though!!

1 Like

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] for the background, but I love [name_u]Camille[/name_u] ā€œMillieā€ too!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is definitely [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Camille[/name_u] but I think ultimately my vote goes to [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] as a sweet and subtle nod to your grandma ! I love honour names !

1 Like

[name_u]Camille[/name_u]! So sleek. Sweet but understated. And [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is such a darling nickname.
Maybe something like [name_u]Camille[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]?

1 Like

I have an [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], and the nicknames are lovely. Everyone has their own special nickname for her (Annie, [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], Bellsy, AB, Anniebelle, the list goes on). I wish I used the spelling [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] though, as that is often the default spelling people use when you a registaring in doctorā€™s offices etc and all the double letters seem to confused receptionistsā€¦

[name_u]Camille[/name_u] was also on our short list for our daughter! We were going to use the nickname [name_f]Cami[/name_f], which we found spunky and cute at the same time. When she was born though, [name_f]Annie[/name_f] suited her more.

1 Like

Both are lovely, but I vote [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] in this case for the family connection :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Iā€™d got with [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Camille[/name_u]
They flow really well together

2 Likes

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is super sweet and ages well.

1 Like

Thatā€™s so funny we must have similar taste! I love all the nicknames your little [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] goes by!

I prefer [name_u]Camille[/name_u].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I like them both, but do prefer [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]. Itā€™s just a bit sweeter & I love how it honors your grandma. The nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is lovable too. I like the nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f] for [name_u]Camille[/name_u], but really dislike [name_f]Cami[/name_f]. I guess itā€™s avoidable; especially if you do [name_f]Millie[/name_f] exclusively. Itā€™s just a way to be nit-picky! And on the social security charts (in the U.S., at least), [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is only about 40 spots more popular than [name_u]Camille[/name_u]. So, [name_u]Camille[/name_u] isnā€™t that much more unique. And [name_f]Camila[/name_f] is really common, so it could get mistaken sometimes.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Camille[/name_u]!

1 Like