Anne or Grace?

If you had a daughter and your choice was between [name_u]Anne[/name_u] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f], what would you choose?

The middle name can be [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], or [name_f]Virginia[/name_f].

I’d choose [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]!

Anne [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] or [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

Definitely [name_u]Anne[/name_u]! It feels fresh again, while I know so many young Graces. I also love the nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]!

Anne [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], or [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] are gorgeous! I think it needs something feminine but not too common as the middle

I prefer [name_f]Grace[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Grace but I’d call her [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and either [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] for a middle name.

Anne [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Grace [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]

I really like both, but I prefer [name_u]Anne[/name_u] by a slight margin.

I like:
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]

1 Like

Anne - it has the [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] link and it’s more unexpected than [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

Anne [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] would get my vote

2 Likes

I’d choose [name_u]Anne[/name_u] since it’s less common. [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would be my choice!

2 Likes

Anne! There’s an [name_u]Anne[/name_u] in one of my classes and she appears to be my age, I gushed over her name because despite it being supposedly plain, you rarely hear it on a young lady.

I’d do [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] as it’s a rarer middle, flows well, and I love the Latin flair.

Anne! Such a lovely and underused classic.

I’d probably go with [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As would I. I have always loved [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], a family name.

Anne feels more classic than [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and less popular. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite middle names with [name_u]Anne[/name_u] are [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

Personally, I would choose [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! For a middle name, I would use [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

Grace [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Exactly this!!

I initially thought I liked Grace better, but then I remembered a former coworker of mine named Anne. She was around my age (mid-twenties) and was very charming and professional but still obviously young and stylish. I thought the name suited her so well and she made me love the name. Grace is also much more common.

So I vote Anne! It’s stable and classic but it definitely feels fresh and ready for a comeback. I like the nickname Annie a lot too! Anne Elizabeth or Anne Josephine would be my choice.

Grace [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]. :blush: